The C10, aka Kawasaki Concours - The Original > The Bike - C10

C10 EFI Project

(1/39) > >>

gpineau:
This was supposed to be a bike for my wife's trike but things changed.

Its taken a while to finally get this to the point that it ready to tune. I have had so many interruptions and family emergencies that took priority away from this project. I had this built and running for quite a while but am just in the last month giving it the attention that it needs to move toward a bike I can actually ride.
The hardware is complete and working.

Now time for tuning.  One  of the problems I have with tuning is that there is not enough vacuum variations between full Idle and wide open throttle. So I need to generate a new  AFR and VE tables that are scaled to match the MAP in the motor.

I have finished tuning the idle tables and it seems to like the settings at 1000 RPM. I will need to re-tune idle after I have made the new tables.  Lot of work to be done on other throttle/load conditions. Wish i had a dyno in the garage cause I am not going riding in the middle of winter.

Here are some clips of it's progress.  https://youtu.be/aClwRT8BqTw

Boomer:
The only one I know of that has EFI-ed the C10 is Rev Ryder.
He EFI-ed his due to the fitment of a Turbo.
Chuck is I believe still recovering from illness but seems to be active on the COG forum.

sport rider:
interesting!  will order 2 kits from you when you get it done.  :D

gpineau:
Sport Rider,  I don't have a kit per say. I have lists, drawings, and documentation about how I did it. I tried to keep it simple and don't do anything exotic that any one else would struggle with. I think the biggest hurdle in the whole project was fabricating a crank position sensor.  Everything else can either be purchased or easily fabricated by "most" weekend mechanics.

I've seen what you can do on your cafe racer and can say you wont have any problems replicating what I have done.

Getting the mechanics and electrical is done and behind me. Now comes the tuning part which I am not an expert. I have done one other project like this but the hardware design was much different.

I will show updates when it is working well enough and the weather is warm enough to go riding.
This video shows a bit of the good, the bad....PM me if you want to see the Ugly.

https://youtu.be/R6w4ER7ydb4

fred-houston:

--- Quote from: Boomer on January 06, 2020, 03:48:13 AM ---The only one I know of that has EFI-ed the C10 is Rev Ryder.
He EFI-ed his due to the fitment of a Turbo.
Chuck is I believe still recovering from illness but seems to be active on the COG forum.

--- End quote ---

He is not the only one.  Mine is naturally aspirated, no turbo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version