Author Topic: MotorTraining 991  (Read 1910 times)

Offline Slideways

MotorTraining 991
« on: June 05, 2014, 08:52:15 AM »
Did my first ever moto touring vacation. 2400 miles in five days of riding. More on that in another post. The 'excuse' for the trip was to attend Mike Gaines' MotorTraining 991 course.

This is a ride like a cop type course consisting of an evening of classroom and two days of riding. They provide ex-police Kawasaki KZ1000 bikes and two instructors to four students. Learned many new skills and can now comfortably full lock turn the Konnie even fully loaded. Below is a link to a video of me running a couple of patterns. Circle was 18' but if you watch closely you can see I was not using the whole circle.

http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/Walterwanabe/media/Mobile%20Uploads/trim3044A6D5-3EA8-4862-88C5-5CFEE27C03DA.mp4.html
If it can't be fixed with a hammer you can sure as hell teach it a lesson.
2008 ABS, Area P full system, Power Commander, Skene Design, Canyon Cages (personally tested, don't ask), Sargent low saddle, Tamer throttle tube, Cee Bailey Euro Tour, bar risers, Throttlemeister, Tech Spec,

Offline jaclaw

Re: MotorTraining 991
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 05:46:23 PM »
Nice, where is the school?

Offline Slideways

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 11:34:25 PM »
If it can't be fixed with a hammer you can sure as hell teach it a lesson.
2008 ABS, Area P full system, Power Commander, Skene Design, Canyon Cages (personally tested, don't ask), Sargent low saddle, Tamer throttle tube, Cee Bailey Euro Tour, bar risers, Throttlemeister, Tech Spec,

Offline sixshooter

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 11:17:31 AM »
Mike Gaines is a great rider and instructor. I'm glad he has set up a school to train civilians. The class will improve your low speed skills.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein