Author Topic: Projektd Lowering links  (Read 3213 times)

Offline jsd

Projektd Lowering links
« on: June 06, 2011, 04:27:23 PM »
I was looking into the lowering links from projekt, mostly because from what I understand they only lower the bike a little under an inch. I cant find any real info on their website, or elsewhere on the web. Does anyone have these?, are they safe for use with passengers?. I have lowered the seat and use riding boots, I only need another 3/4 or so to be really comfortable with the height. Thanks

Offline gtrdon

Re: Projektd Lowering links
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 05:08:22 PM »
I have Muzzy links that have over 20k on them. A lot of it 2 up no problems you will have to fiddle with your settings because the links really change how the weight is balanced on the bike.
08 Kawasaki Concours 14
06 Kawasaki ZX14
86 Kawasaki ZX1000
76 Yamaha RD400

Offline jsd

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 05:57:22 PM »
As I understand it the Muzzy links lower the bike 2" or so is this right? There is a adjustable one on e-bay but pricey and states that you cant use the center stand.

Offline Reactor

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 10:40:04 AM »
I installed these a few months ago. With me on the bike, and you measure at the back edge of the rear rack, it dropped the bike 1.1". Just a little over an inch. I did not lower the front and have not noticed any issues. I ride 2 up with wife and no issues then either. Could not be happier with the Projektd links. 

Offline Wild_Bill

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 12:30:51 PM »
I went with the ZX-14 links.
Used a level across the seat to get before and after measurements, they lowered the seat by 2".

Bill
Formerly known as Badnews_Bill

Offline jsd

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 05:05:36 PM »
Perfect, thanks for the replies.

Offline madcap

• Only slightly nuts
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 06:11:54 PM »
I went with the ZX-14 links.
Used a level across the seat to get before and after measurements, they lowered the seat by 2".

Bill

Quick question Bill (or anyone else that has used ZX-14 links) - do you know what year range of ZX-14 links will be that same size? As far as I can tell they all would most likely be the same, and I just grabbed a set for $20 from a 2006, just making sure I don't waste too much effort... Thanks!
Anything you say, can and will be misquoted and used against you.

2009 CR14 - Red (ish)