Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853570 times)

Offline okrider

• Dora: '11 Black
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #3100 on: June 21, 2018, 02:59:29 PM »
Just think ... there are nuclear power plants out there.

And perhaps the reason we haven't had any nuclear wars since WWII is because the people that possess nukes are afraid they'll just incinerate themselves.

Maybe it's because nobody can be bothered to read the manual..
'11 Black: Russel Day-Long, Mountain Runner, cage w/ highway pegs, 2Bros Slip-on, Helibars Horizon

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3101 on: June 21, 2018, 03:07:31 PM »
Everyone should print this and take it to their dealer when trying to get their fobs/immobilizers programmed. Make sure they read it 3 times, and then have them do the work in front of you..

+1

I think the whole "no ID anywhere" on the active fob is probably a security measure.  But it certainly is annoying.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3102 on: June 21, 2018, 03:13:52 PM »
They are two different tasks, in two different parts of the KDS software. So someone can do one, either one and not the 'other', which is why some people have working RF fobs that will NOT work when the battery is removed and used in the RFID mode.

I bet you anything now that the Concours 14 has been out for many years and they have seen use and changing hands that there are a lot of people out there with working active fobs that will NOT work in passive mode and they are in for a surprise one day.  It is a shame the dealers can't get this right.

Is there any warning that the six one use slots are used up? Could the dealer use them up trying to blindly program the system?

I bet there is no warning, and I further bet that this HAS happened, where a dealer essentially just "bricked" the entire bike by being stupid..... or at least used up all remaining slots so the owner gets an extremely expensive surprise the next time they need to have an active fob "added".  Makes me angry thinking about it.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline jwh20

« Reply #3103 on: June 22, 2018, 04:58:04 AM »
Just think ... there are nuclear power plants out there.

Keep this picture in your head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8co9xB3Sr4c

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3104 on: June 24, 2018, 08:28:49 PM »
>"What did you do to your Concours today?"

Got it and me SOPPING wet.  Rain downpour after 64 tunnel.  Normally not a big deal, as one just raises the windscreen and at highway speed most of the water just goes around.  BUT NOT WHEN TWO IDIOTS BLOCK ALL THE LANES AND GO F'ING 40MPH.  At THAT speed, all the water goes right into the driver from above and in front.

Oh, but one of the idiots (left lane, of course) was ever so helpful as to turn on his "hazard" lights so we would know it was raining.

Sorry, had to rant.  And yes, I was cursing him up a storm [pun intended].

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #3105 on: June 24, 2018, 09:00:50 PM »
Yep worst thing about rain is it makes the dummies even dummer.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #3106 on: July 04, 2018, 07:15:38 PM »
Flushed the brakes. Bought a harbor freight vacumm pump. Made the job easy. Has a trigger lock so just let it pump and stand at the reservoir and add fluid. Should have got one years ago.
Cheated on the clutch. Just sucked the fluid out of the reservoir and added new. Will get next time I have the plastics off.
Wayne
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #3107 on: July 06, 2018, 05:24:17 PM »
Well, it wasn’t today, but on the fourth, I pulled the front fender and removed the black plastic shock guard. (black plastic piece in front of the reflector in the picture below) it had cracked when I hit the rabbit. It also had broke a small piece off where the top screw threads in. I ordered a replacement, but wanted to see if I could do a temporary fix so I can ride it this weekend. I was able to glue it all back together. It doesn’t look the best, but it is functual and is holding so far. Took it out after gluing it for about a 70-80 mile ride. Should hold for the weekend, then I’ll change it out when the new part comes in.

2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3108 on: July 06, 2018, 07:09:06 PM »
How was the rabbit fricassee ?

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #3109 on: July 07, 2018, 05:56:16 AM »
How was the rabbit fricassee ?

Unfortunately the head pipes don’t cook evenly. His foot that was wedged between the pipes was well done, but the rest of him was rare!
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3110 on: July 07, 2018, 10:33:39 AM »
Unfortunately the head pipes don’t cook evenly. His foot that was wedged between the pipes was well done, but the rest of him was rare!
ahhh, Welsh rarebit.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #3111 on: July 07, 2018, 07:25:26 PM »
FIFY  (traditionally there is no rabbit in Welsh rarebit rare or well done.)

ahhh, Welsh rarebit. Hasenpfeffer

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #3112 on: July 07, 2018, 10:05:38 PM »
How about some rare hare then?
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #3113 on: July 08, 2018, 11:13:16 AM »
How about some rare hare then?

No thanks, too much Tularemia risk, maybe even some trichinosis risk.
I think I'll stick to well cooked Hasenpfeffer.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV

Offline Impster

« Reply #3115 on: July 08, 2018, 01:21:35 PM »
While backing the bike into the corner, my bad foot decided to act up and I lost control.

She fell towards the wall, which was about a foot and a half away, breaking the cast aluminum arm inside the right mirror assembly. Thankfully, no scratches or dings anywhere else. The saddlebags were not mounted.

A $150 "oops" moment. /sigh  :doh:

----
2016 Concourse 14 (Black), Corbin seat, Murph's risers, T-Rex lowering links and kickstand

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3116 on: July 08, 2018, 02:30:51 PM »
She fell towards the wall, which was about a foot and a half away, breaking the cast aluminum arm inside the right mirror assembly. Thankfully, no scratches or dings anywhere else. The saddlebags were not mounted.

A $150 "oops" moment. /sigh  :doh:

Well, we all have our "oops" moments.  It is great news that there is no fairing/paint damage!

Offline okrider

• Dora: '11 Black
« Reply #3117 on: July 09, 2018, 07:19:40 AM »
Big thanks to jwh20 for programming my keys to my bike. After having a very hard time trying to explain how KDS works to the local Kawasaki dealership's mechanic, jwh20 was nice enough to bring KDS along with him when he went to Asheville for a couple days. What a legend. Thanks again sir, much appreciated.
'11 Black: Russel Day-Long, Mountain Runner, cage w/ highway pegs, 2Bros Slip-on, Helibars Horizon

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #3118 on: July 09, 2018, 08:03:59 AM »
Rode just over 400 miles yesterday with a group of friends. About 2 miles from home I get a low PSI warning on the rear tire. Started at 30psi. By the time I pull into the garage, it is flashing 23psi. I shut it off, put it in neutral and put it up on the Center stand. Rotated the tire a little and there was a big screw in the tire. Looked like it ripped its way in sideways because with in just a few mins, the tire was completely flat. I’m not messing with plugging it. Ordered a new Angel GT last night. Sucks because this one only has a little over 1000 miles on it.
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3119 on: July 09, 2018, 03:35:20 PM »
there was a big screw in the tire. Looked like it ripped its way in sideways because with in just a few mins, the tire was completely flat. I’m not messing with plugging it. Ordered a new Angel GT last night. Sucks because this one only has a little over 1000 miles on it.

When it is removed, have it patched (on the INSIDE).  As long as it is not in the sidewall, it should be as good as it was before the screw.  Then you have a spare tire that will work great and cost very little!