Author Topic: Coocase-more problems  (Read 4747 times)

not2old

Coocase-more problems
« on: May 18, 2011, 08:48:57 PM »
I just received an S48 case with the "universal adapter plate" from Twisted Throttle.  I really don't see how this is going to fit on a '99.
I think I may have seen something negative about Coocase BTC (before the crash - but you knew that).  Any ideas?
Turns out you need a GIVI E128 adapter to adapt to the universal adapter.  LOL
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 01:23:15 PM by not2old »

Offline TheSilverBullet

Re: Coocase-Got the answer
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 11:07:13 AM »
It was me the posted the review on the S48, bottom line I sent it back twice! did you order the moon clips with the case? Anyway the are completley useless send them back and get your 12 bucks back. I am sure as you have figured out the instructions are useless To get the thing to work you will need basically install the E128 first and then attach the coocase to that using a drill so you can get at least 4 bolts in the thing.
I ended up just sending it back but keep the E128 I ordered the Givi e55 NT and snaps right into the E128 done! Also after I finally got all the wiring and brackets on the coocase wouldn't even snap in to it's own adaptor not once but twice, you can see the problem on youtube if you search for it anyway I hope you have better luck than I did. Twisted Throttle really took care of me OUTSTANDING customer service.

Offline TheSilverBullet

Re: Coocase-Got the answer
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 11:08:22 AM »
You need to order the E128 first then attach the universal coocase mounting plate to that, dont both with the moon clips they are useless

not2old

Re: Coocase-more problems
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 06:45:54 PM »
I'm waiting for the E128. I guess we'll see what happens.  The case itself seems fairly well made.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 01:23:45 PM by not2old »

not2old

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 01:29:01 PM »
OK, I got the GIVI E128 and spent about 2 hours trying to make it work. It could probably be made to work with some drilling, cutting, shortening, etc. but I
don't have the patience.  So theSilverBullet is right - don't order a Coocase for your Connie.  I'm going to keep the E128 plate and get my hands on a GIVI
E55.  I'll find out tomorrow if Twisted Throttle will take the Coocase back.

Offline TheSilverBullet

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 01:44:11 PM »
I am trying to squeeze in time for the E55 review. it's a great case. It is a huge case and it does effect the handling of the bike.
I have the air in the rear at 25lbs and the other setting on 2. I may stiffin it up and see if that settels down the feel of it.
other then that its a nice trunk.

Offline TheSilverBullet

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 01:45:02 PM »
Twisted Throttle will take it back. I returned mine twice then gave up.

not2old

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 07:34:14 PM »
You're right - they took it back.  The only downside for me is how much the shipping cost.  I'm going to get the E55 tomorrow and we can compare notes on
it later.