Author Topic: My Connie of 10 years totaled.(new bike update last post)  (Read 27960 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: My Connie of 10 years totaled.: Knee surgery update 30 August
« Reply #160 on: September 04, 2018, 03:35:26 PM »
I usually got a pretty bad headache about two or 3 times a month before the wreck. Not one headache since the crash. Not one.

The wreck fixed your neck!  It is built-in, free chiropracty!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #161 on: September 04, 2018, 03:57:27 PM »
Definitely some weird stuff.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #162 on: September 04, 2018, 06:22:50 PM »
Not one headache since the crash. Not one.

Walking around your hose is the answer, apparently before the accident you were stepping on it.  ::)

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #163 on: February 05, 2019, 02:20:13 PM »
Made a serious inquiry with Niehaus Honda in Illinois on a new Goldwing Airbag model today. Looks like that's gonna happen.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #164 on: February 05, 2019, 03:42:21 PM »
Made a serious inquiry with Niehaus Honda in Illinois on a new Goldwing Airbag model today. Looks like that's gonna happen.
I’m very happy for you, JMac.  Glad to see you getting back in the saddle, but even happier you are able to. 
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline jamiemac

Re: My Connie of 10 years totaled.(new bike update last post)
« Reply #165 on: February 05, 2019, 03:49:34 PM »
Thanks, Snake. Been too long. My two wheeled therapist is important stuff. LOL

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #166 on: February 08, 2019, 03:45:51 PM »
Does that mean you'll need the inflatable suit too?

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #167 on: February 08, 2019, 04:59:52 PM »
Haha! Physics, Guys.  LOL The statistics of the airbag Wing are pretty impressive. Last time I found the info, there had been 300 accidents since 08 with the right angles, and inertia to deploy the bag, with zero fatalities.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV

Offline jamiemac

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #170 on: December 20, 2019, 07:11:50 AM »
Haha! Physics, Guys.  LOL The statistics of the airbag Wing are pretty impressive. Last time I found the info, there had been 300 accidents since 08 with the right angles, and inertia to deploy the bag, with zero fatalities.

Justa fyi;
One of our own. "Walter" {2015 OtP Traveler} is still with us because of one of these bags..
Don't know exact details, but as I understand.
After participating in the OtP ride that Cliff made last year Walter was on the road to another destination.
A car crossed into his lane and he apparently hit the rock wall to avoid.
Luckily he hit at an angle and the bag did its thing.
Was pretty bunged up but is still with us.

Photo's of the bike are somewhere in the COG Forum and you can see the deployed bag on a "badly" damaged Wing..

Ride safe, Ted