Concours 1400 (C14) FAQ > C-14, aka Concours-14 GTR 1400

Question; 2010 or 2008? C14

(1/5) > >>

Gabriel:
If you had the option to buy a 2008 with 33K or a 2010 with 90K all else being the same with the exception that the 2010 has the as usual valve cover leak and the fork seals are weeping, which would you buy?
They are both the same price...

okrider:
To be honest, I'd buy neither and wait. Winter's just starting. There will be more deals coming up shortly. If I had to pick one, I'd go for the 2008. Not sure if '08 has linked braking but it's weird and I'd prefer not to have it if I had a choice. Then again if you live somewhere warm, the later models send less heat to the rider.

Gabriel:

--- Quote from: okrider on October 16, 2018, 09:13:58 AM ---To be honest, I'd buy neither and wait. Winter's just starting. There will be more deals coming up shortly. If I had to pick one, I'd go for the 2008. Not sure if '08 has linked braking but it's weird and I'd prefer not to have it if I had a choice. Then again if you live somewhere warm, the later models send less heat to the rider.

--- End quote ---

The 2008 does not have linked brakes and as far as the heat goes all I need to do is install the foam pieces that block the opening near your shins.
I have owned a 2008 and a 2009 and installed the heat shields on the 08, the 09 came with them from the factory. Thanks

MAN OF BLUES:

--- Quote from: Gabriel on October 16, 2018, 09:08:53 AM ---If you had the option to buy a 2008 with 33K or a 2010 with 90K all else being the same with the exception that the 2010 has the as usual valve cover leak and the fork seals are weeping, which would you buy?
They are both the same price...

--- End quote ---

well, seeing as you didn't bother to tell US the price... unless it was $4500 I'd say there is a reason the '10 is being dumped off, and the price on the '08 is about right...

and depending on if the '08 was well maintained, and the '10 was owned by one of the "I'm not gonna touch the valves, they are fine... my mechanic said they don't need to be touched" clan, I'd still buy the '08.

pretty vague question, with no actual information other than miles... come on, make it worth reading...

Gabriel:

--- Quote from: MAN OF BLUES on October 16, 2018, 07:15:47 PM ---well, seeing as you didn't bother to tell US the price... unless it was $4500 I'd say there is a reason the '10 is being dumped off, and the price on the '08 is about right...

and depending on if the '08 was well maintained, and the '10 was owned by one of the "I'm not gonna touch the valves, they are fine... my mechanic said they don't need to be touched" clan, I'd still buy the '08.

pretty vague question, with no actual information other than miles... come on, make it worth reading...

--- End quote ---

Hardly vague!
Don't try to read into this more than there is. I intentionally left it pointed because I did not need an opinion about price, so I included the only criteria I was concerned about including the problems with the 2010, there are no know problems with the 08 so i did not mention it.
Thanks for your answer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version