Is rediculous on tires on the c14
I’m mostly just going in a straight line
...when I ride in the mountains I’ll
Mount the pilot road fives but for the
Highway I’d really appreciate car tire
Size recommendations and brands you like
Thanks in advance

gPink:

Might want to change your signature line.     ::)

No offense....good luck with your search.

Ghost Rider 2:
  I guess I am one of the very few people that have tried a car tire on a 1400 Connie.   I have run thousands of miles on car tires on a 1800 Goldwing and I think on a Goldwing they are fantastic!!!   BUT on a Concours I would recomend to NOT do it.  They are not good.  They dont handle well.  They drop like a rock into a corner sometimes you think you are going to loose control of the bike.  If you think you have to do it I have the tire I took of and can get the size if you like. But I would not recomend it.

Silverbullet65:

--- Quote from: Ghost Rider 2 on March 22, 2019, 04:29:33 PM ---  I guess I am one of the very few people that have tried a car tire on a 1400 Connie.   I have run thousands of miles on car tires on a 1800 Goldwing and I think on a Goldwing they are fantastic!!!   BUT on a Concours I would recomend to NOT do it.  They are not good.  They dont handle well.  They drop like a rock into a corner sometimes you think you are going to loose control of the bike.  If you think you have to do it I have the tire I took of and can get the size if you like. But I would not recomend it.

--- End quote ---
Gotcha...I was looking to hear from someone just like you who had done it before...I would be curious
To know what size the tire was if you don’t mind checking and thanks again for sharing your experience...I’m also thinking about the new Michelin commander II 200/55/17 tire I forget exactly but it’s supposed to be double the mileage...thanks again

VirginiaJim:
I think someone here has done it before.  Here it is...

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=6116.0

Be forewarned, you may be made fun of but take it in stride and all will be well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version