Author Topic: Special for sale  (Read 4906 times)

Offline O.C.

Special for sale
« on: November 02, 2013, 02:03:41 AM »
One of the club members over here has this bike for sale, it may not be of interest many of you but it is a bit 'special' ...just follow the link   ;)

http://www.kawasakitriplesclub.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10158
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline Charlie747

Re: Special for sale
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 02:37:51 AM »
Now that OC is pure Sex

Is it still available ?

Offline O.C.

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 09:29:48 AM »
Yep methinks it is   8)
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline PH14

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 11:56:46 AM »
Me want, me want bad.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 12:07:55 PM »
I think the shipping would kill you.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 02:16:43 PM »
I think the shipping would kill you.

Yea But what a way to go  8)

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 02:21:28 PM »
Me want, me want bad.

It looks the real deal........................could you sell your children or children's children to satisfy your need ?  :hail:

Offline datsaxman@hotmail.com

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 03:25:45 PM »
Four thousand quid?  Legal theft.  Thank you for being across the pond, sir.

About $6400 US saved this day. 

saxman

2008 ZG14X...ZX14 throttle bodies, full AreaP exhaust, heated grips, Corbin, and more...
161.5RWHP on the dyno
Formerly Silverdammit!

Offline datsaxman@hotmail.com

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2013, 03:55:17 PM »
Backstory:

Once upon a time I was working at my first shop.  Owner had an H2R.  Yes, it was THAT long ago that the H2R was nearly current.

One day, I was actually allowed to ride it.  I was doing so well, too.  Bumped easily enough, nice easy warm up, just the right amount of slip to not stall on the way out the driveway.  Burbled along to the freeway, and got up to a decent but respectful speed.  No sense drawing attention.  NOTHING legal about this, officer.  Plates?   Well, they are from the Kawasaki shop, and the ARE dealer plates.  Doesn't that sort of make the whole operation legit?

A conversation I did not intend to have.  On the boss's race bike. 

Made it up to the interchange, intent on getting the hell back to the shop in one piece.  Rolled on the throttle, just a wee bit.  Wonderful ,fabulous music from the pipes now, just a little more here, leaning, leaning.  Thinking about old race tyres.  When all hell broke loose.  And when I say broke loose, I mean everything, all at once.  Suddenly a LOT more power, suddenly leaning over the tank trying to steer, suddenly steering with the throttle, trying to hold the front somewhere close to the road.  I couldn't decide.  Should I be terrified of the thing just slipping out from under me, since we were sliding pretty good already?  Or should I be more terrified of the thing suddenly hooking up when the front touches down, pitching me into the iceplant directly?

Visions of Yvon DuHamel, maybe the best rider in the world, pitching HIS H2R off the race course half the time.  He wins or he crashes, hard, most weeks.  So...if I am stoopid enough to be on this bike, how do I survive?  What is the secret recipe??   Ohhhh...terrible, stoopid me. 

I settled for a pinch more throttle, still more weight over the front tire, just a touch of rear brake, and a dash of additional counter steering.  Mercifully, the H2R was magic.  Miraculously, the front touched down and held.  Smooth and straight.  Ludicrous to be hacking my way around the overpass this way.  I.  Am.  Not.  This.  Good.  But the H2R was so perfect.  Way over any legal speed limit, afraid to back off and induce the famous speed wobble.  I made it around the cars in front of me, still at full gas, shifting, barely clearing at least one mirror, to the first exit.  The smell of Castrol, race rubber, and brakes overtook me as I waited for the light to change.  Feeling awfully conspicuous, hoping the Kawasaki would stay running long enough for me to escape. 

Somehow, no red lights and sirens.  No crash.  No phone call to the shop.  I have no recollection of the ride back.  Just the best two or three minutes ever.

If that hybrid bike were here in the states, I would own it today.  Cash.  Again, thank you for making that at least terribly impractical, maybe impossible.   

saxman
2008 ZG14X...ZX14 throttle bodies, full AreaP exhaust, heated grips, Corbin, and more...
161.5RWHP on the dyno
Formerly Silverdammit!

Offline O.C.

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 01:14:04 AM »
Great story Saxman,

I've never owned or ridden an H2R, a pal of mine does own one and has ridden it in the Isle of Man classics

There's no sound quite like a Triple, I've owned a few over the years, and its an addiction. Sadly I'm not as young as I was and so not as able to ride them as they deserve.

I have only got one left now, which is my "concourse"/N.O.S H2C....Purple of course, its stunning and still exciting to ride.

This is me with the bike....sorry about the self satisfied and smug expression, it comes with riding and owning this bike  ;D

CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2013, 01:00:47 AM »
Now OC that is the best pic you've made public of H2 & U .......................When that day comes and may that day be many decades away you know who to call to caretaker your baby till unable to ride and the next caretaker takes over.

:chugbeer:

Backstory:

Once upon a time I was working at my first shop.  Owner had an H2R.  Yes, it was THAT long ago that the H2R was nearly current.

One day, I was actually allowed to ride it.  I was doing so well, too.  Bumped easily enough, nice easy warm up, just the right amount of slip to not stall on the way out the driveway.  Burbled along to the freeway, and got up to a decent but respectful speed.  No sense drawing attention.  NOTHING legal about this, officer.  Plates?   Well, they are from the Kawasaki shop, and the ARE dealer plates.  Doesn't that sort of make the whole operation legit?

A conversation I did not intend to have.  On the boss's race bike. 

Made it up to the interchange, intent on getting the hell back to the shop in one piece.  Rolled on the throttle, just a wee bit.  Wonderful ,fabulous music from the pipes now, just a little more here, leaning, leaning.  Thinking about old race tyres.  When all hell broke loose.  And when I say broke loose, I mean everything, all at once.  Suddenly a LOT more power, suddenly leaning over the tank trying to steer, suddenly steering with the throttle, trying to hold the front somewhere close to the road.  I couldn't decide.  Should I be terrified of the thing just slipping out from under me, since we were sliding pretty good already?  Or should I be more terrified of the thing suddenly hooking up when the front touches down, pitching me into the iceplant directly?

Visions of Yvon DuHamel, maybe the best rider in the world, pitching HIS H2R off the race course half the time.  He wins or he crashes, hard, most weeks.  So...if I am stoopid enough to be on this bike, how do I survive?  What is the secret recipe??   Ohhhh...terrible, stoopid me. 

I settled for a pinch more throttle, still more weight over the front tire, just a touch of rear brake, and a dash of additional counter steering.  Mercifully, the H2R was magic.  Miraculously, the front touched down and held.  Smooth and straight.  Ludicrous to be hacking my way around the overpass this way.  I.  Am.  Not.  This.  Good.  But the H2R was so perfect.  Way over any legal speed limit, afraid to back off and induce the famous speed wobble.  I made it around the cars in front of me, still at full gas, shifting, barely clearing at least one mirror, to the first exit.  The smell of Castrol, race rubber, and brakes overtook me as I waited for the light to change.  Feeling awfully conspicuous, hoping the Kawasaki would stay running long enough for me to escape. 

Somehow, no red lights and sirens.  No crash.  No phone call to the shop.  I have no recollection of the ride back.  Just the best two or three minutes ever.

If that hybrid bike were here in the states, I would own it today.  Cash.  Again, thank you for making that at least terribly impractical, maybe impossible.   

saxman

:goodpost:

Offline O.C.

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2013, 03:55:09 AM »
I'll bear you in mind Charlie, however it's only fair to tell you that there is already quite a queue forming  ;)

Different pic same day same location.....just to get yer juices flowing

CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2013, 01:32:14 PM »
It just looks so right  :)

Offline O.C.

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2013, 01:29:12 PM »
It just looks so right  :)

That's cos it is Charlie, a total ground up N.O.S resto complete with Wiseco's. and a Chris Ritchie (R.I.P) crank  ;)
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650