Poll

Vote to be part of the KIPASS BYPASS MOD by BDF

Vote to be part of the buy....
100 (87.7%)
Don't press this button.......
14 (12.3%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: KIPASS BYPASS Mod by BDF  (Read 191780 times)

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
Re: KIPASS BYPASS Mod by BDF
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2012, 12:44:34 PM »
Which thread is that?

Yes, which thread?
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2012, 12:46:02 PM »
Almost perfect Conrad. The only thing you missed was the switch- I am using a removable fuse instead of a switch because it is more reliable, and I am looking for the ultimate in reliability here, and it will only be used rarely. Plus a fuse holder is much easier to be absolutely sure it is weatherproof. I can offer the harness with a waterproof switch but I cannot guarantee the switch's reliability and the last thing I wanted to do was to introduce yet another piece of electronics into this chain that is not 100% reliable. After all, it is a switch failure that causes the problem in the first place so I do not believe adding another switch to the circuit is the best way to go (and either switch failing will cause a starting failure as they are in series and of opposite operation).

So here is the deal: the sub harness is exactly like an extension cord, you simply open the factory connector and place the new harness in-line. The sub harness has a pig tail that contains a fuse- should the activation switch fail or stick 'ON' as does occasionally happen, simply remove and reinsert the fuse and KiPass will activate (exactly as it does when you press down on the ignition key).

NOTE: you will still need a functioning fob to start the bike! This harness DOES NOT by pass KiPass, only the KiPass activation switch. This harness cannot be used to replace a lost / broken fob or steal a C-14. This by pass does address the only problem that KiPass has ever had, to the best of my knowledge, 100% of the time though and cannot fail to work around a stuck switch.

This product is made in the USA from the best components available. The connectors themselves are Japanese. Price is not yet determined but I will post it shortly. Price was not the object of this endeavor though, ultimate reliability and quality were.

A few photos:

The sub- harness itself:

The stock connector on a C-14:

The sub- harness installed into the bike's harness:

And, of course, this product is fully endorsed by Kirby. In fact, it is the second generation of Kirby's KiPass Korrection Kit.

Brian

Whatcha makin Brian? A harness that plugs in between the two connectors under the left side that incorporates a switch?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2012, 12:46:50 PM »
This same thread, just a bit further down than your post.

Brian

Which thread is that?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2012, 01:03:45 PM »
Nicely done Brian.    :thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline marku8a

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2012, 01:36:44 PM »
Please count me in.

Mark
2009 C14 Red
Fly_ectomy, K&N Filter, Oxford Heated Grips, PC V, Full Area P Exhaust
How far can a person run into a forest?

Offline seajay

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2012, 01:46:32 PM »
Please add me to the list.
09 C14 ABS, Black

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2012, 02:01:10 PM »
Seems the demand is quite strong so far...  :thumbs:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline CigarSki®

• Arena
  • Newb again?
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2012, 02:52:34 PM »
I'm still wiating for the plug&play fully electronic cruise control... ::)
Wayne Sikorski aka CigarSki
2010 ZG1400 - South Jersey
COG 9250

Offline JhVenezuela

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2012, 03:14:46 PM »
count me in.

Offline Bosco

• Arena
  • USA
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2012, 03:17:09 PM »
Awesome job.
1999 Concours Sold
2009 Concours ABS

Offline Conrad

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2012, 03:19:13 PM »
Endorsed by Kirby? How can one go wrong, add my name to the list, dependant on pricing.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2012, 03:21:20 PM »
Endorsed by Kirby? How can one go wrong, add my name to the list, dependant on pricing.

Dependent on pricing?  It can't be that much......can it?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2012, 03:25:54 PM »
Dependent on pricing?  It can't be that much......can it?

I wouldn't think so but Kirby does need a new pair of shoes, so who knows?    :P

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2012, 03:29:00 PM »
Is it possible to use the poll feature as a counter we can click so Brian has an accurate count on how many of these he might need ?

Offline Axxman

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2012, 03:30:40 PM »
I would like one as well ;D

Jay
Jay
09 Concours 14 ABS
Candy Diamond Red

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2012, 03:33:34 PM »
Is it possible to use the poll feature as a counter we can click so Brian has an accurate count on how many of these he might need ?

It's possible and it's a good idea.  Unfortunately, it wants two buttons instead of just one.  So go to voting but don't press the second button.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2012, 03:37:12 PM »
I wonder what happens if I press the button that says don't press this button?    ;D

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2012, 03:38:07 PM »
You get thumped.

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2012, 03:38:18 PM »
That, my friends, is a thing of beauty!

I still have a question for everyone that's ever had a KiPass issue. What model year do you have that failed? I wish everyone that posted that theirs stuck would start their post with that tidbit of info.

When did Kawasaki change to a stronger spring? Wondering if my '11 has the beefier one.
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2012, 03:40:24 PM »
You get thumped.
And billed for all the kits.