Author Topic: Bamboo pajamas are the best!  (Read 1321 times)

Offline katata1100

Bamboo pajamas are the best!
« on: June 27, 2019, 10:35:31 PM »
I have been  trying to find the best way to drive through high heat. One year, I did shorts and t shirts and was miserable .
So, I whipped out my old Joe Rocket cordura touring suit. Has pads everywhere, heavy duty fabric, water proof, etc.
Sounds awful but under the pants I wore bamboo pajama bottoms. They are light, feel like silk and whisks away perspiration .
For the shirt, I wore a shirt that is 80% spandex, 20% cotton. Again, this is a fabric intended to excel in high heat situations .
It never got above 95 on my trip to Vegas, but I’m sure they’ll be up to the challenge when I ride through OK later next week.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Bamboo pajamas are the best!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2019, 05:28:49 AM »
Over the years and riding in heat, the enemy is cotton.  Worse thing you can wear in those conditions.  Nylon underwear works the best for me.  I use the Duluth products and they have other wearables that wick the sweat away.  Jeans are also not good but Duluth has them with spandex which help a little. 
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 06:21:54 AM »
Over the years and riding in heat, the enemy is cotton.  Worse thing you can wear in those conditions.  Nylon underwear works the best for me.  I use the Duluth products and they have other wearables that wick the sweat away.  Jeans are also not good but Duluth has them with spandex which help a little.

So Robin, it's nylon underwear and spandex for you?     :_shudder_Emoticon
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 12:33:28 PM »
Absolutely C, when riding.  It's that or nothing.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline katata1100

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 11:36:26 PM »
Fwiw, Costco has some nice men’s spandex based shirts for cheap. They look good.
The bamboo pants can be sourced off amazon for around $20 I think.
I have put about 1300 miles of riding in the last five days and those pants haven’t started to
stink yet- impressive !

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 04:54:07 AM »
  It's that or nothing.
eeeeewwwww!
Fwiw, I have put about 1300 miles of riding in the last five days and those pants haven’t started to
stink yet- impressive !
double eeeeewwwww!!
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Conrad

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 08:30:12 AM »
Absolutely C, when riding.  It's that or nothing.

I would have been just fine all day without that image in my head.    :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 02:55:01 PM »
I would have been just fine all day without that image in my head.    :o

Me too.  Gross + dangerous + uncomfortable.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc