Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 672609 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #640 on: March 24, 2012, 12:45:02 PM »
The beer Zg, the beer. We don't have our minds in the gutter aroung here. (where's the smiley with the halo?) ;D

Offline yoman

« Reply #641 on: March 24, 2012, 12:58:49 PM »
Nice jugs, err I mean mugs ::)
2002 Semi-naked Connie

Offline Conrad

« Reply #642 on: March 25, 2012, 06:01:46 AM »
The beer Zg, the beer. We don't have our minds in the gutter aroung here. (where's the smiley with the halo?) ;D

We don't?   :P
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #643 on: March 25, 2012, 06:02:46 AM »
I'm thinking this is going to be a martini night.  After I pick up my 'new to me' exhaust system this evening, I'll be heading back to the barn to relax.

How'd it go Jim? Did ya get your new can installed?

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #644 on: March 25, 2012, 09:38:38 AM »
Not yet, I may get it done this afternoon, though.  No go on the martinis..   My granddaughter had her first sleepover and I was thinking if I got called over to pick her up early it wouldn't be anybodies best interests for me to drive or show up intoxicated.  I got to the point of getting ready to mix them up and stopped cold.   Possibly tonight.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #645 on: April 16, 2012, 10:57:04 AM »
Note that the posts on account deletion has been moved to the software board.

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=8175.0
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #646 on: April 17, 2012, 04:47:01 AM »
In the construction of a bacon cheeseburger the error most people make is in the order of assembly.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #647 on: April 17, 2012, 04:54:26 AM »
In the construction of a bacon cheeseburger the error most people make is in the order of assembly.

What is the correct order?

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #648 on: April 17, 2012, 05:13:31 AM »
Remember: B B C
beef, bacon, cheese

If you erroneously install the cheese before the bacon, said bacon will tend to slide unceremoniously off the top due to the lower viscosity of the heated cheese. But, and this is the key, if the cheese is melted on top of the bacon and burger not only will the construction be stabilized it will be more ascetically pleasing.   

Offline Conrad

« Reply #649 on: April 17, 2012, 05:18:51 AM »
Ah, food science. I'm hungry now.

Mmmmmmm, bacon.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #650 on: April 17, 2012, 07:11:06 AM »
The stadium roof will be closed for tonights game.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #651 on: April 18, 2012, 01:26:54 PM »
You would think the first man- made object to reach the stratosphere would have been a plane. And if not one of those, maybe a helicopter, lighter- than- air airship or something that flies in some manner but that is not the case; the very first thing that man managed to get into the stratosphere (~35,000 feet to ~150,000 feet) was an artillery shell. The German 'Paris guns', which were used to shell Paris from a distance of 75 miles away, fired projectiles that reached more than 125,000 feet at their highest point in the ballistic trajectory. At first the Parisians thought they were being bombed by some new type of Zeppelin as they could not hear any artillery being fired.

Tomorrow, the first object to exceed the altitude of the projectiles from the Paris gun....

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #652 on: April 18, 2012, 01:52:28 PM »
Can't wait!

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #653 on: April 19, 2012, 03:56:55 PM »
And the thing that finally exceeded the altitude reached by the projectiles from the Paris gun was another German invention: the V2 or Vergeltungswaffe 2 (~ vengeance weapon 2 in English) ballistic rocket. These rockets reached altitudes of over 50 miles (< 250,000 ft.) at the highest points of their trajectories.

Finally there was operation HARP (High Altitude Research Project) which had the lofty goal (pun intended) of putting small objects in Earth orbit using artillery. Using a pair of 16" US naval gun barrels in tandem, they did manage to reach an altitude of 112 miles! While never attaining sufficient velocity to actually achieve orbit, the altitude reached by projectiles from this project remain a record to this day.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #654 on: April 20, 2012, 10:54:30 AM »
Why is it that when the time comes that you decide you need to tighten the frames on your reading glasses, that the person that must do the tightening, is the one person that needs to be wearing those glasses to do the tightening.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #655 on: April 20, 2012, 01:41:34 PM »
Why is it that when the time comes that you decide you need to tighten the frames on your reading glasses, that the person that must do the tightening, is the one person that needs to be wearing those glasses to do the tightening.

:rotflmao:

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #656 on: April 20, 2012, 02:06:09 PM »
Yeah, it is right up there with needing a car to go to the auto parts store (but the car is down getting brakes, for example) or needing some light to see in the darkest corner of the cellar to get to the breaker box... which is why it is dark in the first place.

Brian

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #657 on: April 20, 2012, 02:51:10 PM »
So how high can people go.... without aircraft? Surprisingly man has been to over 100,000 feet and parachuted back to the surface. The US Gov't put on Project Excelsior to test the ability of humans to escape from high altitudes. Helium balloons were used to bring a man named Joseph Kittinger to extreme altitudes at which point Mr. Kittinger would step out of the balloon's gondola for the free- fall and parachute landing back on Earth (!!!). Perhaps the most amazing part is that he did this more than once, and all for a US Air Force Captain's pay. Amazing. I saw an interview with Col. Kittinger and he mentioned stepping out of the gondola only to experience 'not falling'- no air sounds, no flapping of clothing, absolutely no sensation of traveling through the atmosphere at all. He said his first thought was.... fantastic, they have me so high I am in orbit and cannot get back. Then he turned around and watched the balloon moving away from him at very high speed; it seems Kittinger was falling after all but the atmosphere was so rarefied that there were no associated physical effects from what turned out to be impressively high speeds that he reached before opening his parachute.

Kittinger set several records that still stand:
The highest altitude attained by a human without an aircraft: 102,800 feet.
The longest free- fall: 4 1/2 minutes and 84,800 feet.
The highest velocity reached by man without a craft: 714 MPH.

Col. Kittinger survived all of his high altitude ballooning and went on to finish a career in the Air Force that included three combat tours in Viet Nam flying F4s, and a stretch as a POW in North Viet Nam.

Currently the Red Bull Stratos project is underway to try and break Col. Kittinger's records, as well as produce the first event of a man traveling faster than the speed of sound without a vehicle. Felix Baumgartner will be the person making the jumps on the project. Col. Kittinger is an advisor on the Stratos project.

http://www.redbullstratos.com/#!lightbox/media1563888061001/

Brian

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #658 on: April 20, 2012, 03:17:14 PM »
Very interesting.

Offline yoman

« Reply #659 on: April 20, 2012, 05:23:21 PM »
Very interesting.

A quote from Schultz????
2002 Semi-naked Connie