Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 456434 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #1360 on: August 09, 2016, 04:10:37 AM »
Seems that way with a lot of things these days.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1361 on: August 09, 2016, 07:55:54 AM »
Levis are making me crazy and annoyed. I have lived in Levis for most of my 60 years. First original shrink to fit, button down 501's and now for at least 30 years, 505 zipper jeans. But about 3 years ago some marketing genus decided that one of the oldest brands which most people would link with "simple quality" would be much better by removing 2 of the belt loops, using thinner cloth and the very best part, make the pockets 1 1/2 inches shallower. Are you fricking kidding me? That puts my cell phone right at the bend when I sit down. How much do you save in manufacturing by having 2 less belt loops and a shallow pocket when considering they still charge at least $20 more than the competition for the brand? I have now sent them 2 letters and their response is "if you think they are defective, take them back to the store".
 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1362 on: August 09, 2016, 08:08:44 AM »
Levis are making me crazy and annoyed. I have lived in Levis for most of my 60 years. First original shrink to fit, button down 501's and now for at least 30 years, 505 zipper jeans. But about 3 years ago some marketing genus decided that one of the oldest brands which most people would link with "simple quality" would be much better by removing 2 of the belt loops, using thinner cloth and the very best part, make the pockets 1 1/2 inches shallower. Are you fricking kidding me? That puts my cell phone right at the bend when I sit down. How much do you save in manufacturing by having 2 less belt loops and a shallow pocket when considering they still charge at least $20 more than the competition for the brand? I have now sent them 2 letters and their response is "if you think they are defective, take them back to the store".

AND Levi Strauss supports gun control! I have been boycotting them for 20 years.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #1363 on: August 09, 2016, 08:16:11 AM »

You should have switched to Wranglers years ago, they've always* been the better jean.  :thumbs:   (* Jeans have a long history, always in this instance means since the early 70s when I first started comparison shopping for my own clothes . ::) I have no idea what Wrangler's stance is on gun control, nor do I care.)  I have to agree with you about customer service response, it pretty much sucks these days. I'm sure they have maybe 6 form letters to pick from to send out to the mail/email they get. I'm always surprised when I get a response that seems like someone actually read and responded to what I said rather than one that simply categorized it and sent the appropriate closest to the subject canned response. Same thing on the phone when I get someone without a foreign accent.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1364 on: August 09, 2016, 10:00:56 AM »
True enough. I think I can stick an 'Easy Boys' into anything (Easy Boys!)..... oh, hey, look at that.

Brian

Had Brian posted that, an "easy boys" would have been included.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1365 on: August 09, 2016, 12:06:55 PM »
You should have switched to Wranglers years ago, they've always* been the better jean.  :thumbs:   (* Jeans have a long history, always in this instance means since the early 70s when I first started comparison shopping for my own clothes . ::) I have no idea what Wrangler's stance is on gun control, nor do I care.)  I have to agree with you about customer service response, it pretty much sucks these days. I'm sure they have maybe 6 form letters to pick from to send out to the mail/email they get. I'm always surprised when I get a response that seems like someone actually read and responded to what I said rather than one that simply categorized it and sent the appropriate closest to the subject canned response. Same thing on the phone when I get someone without a foreign accent.

So do Wranglers still have full size pockets?

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #1366 on: August 09, 2016, 01:16:50 PM »
Can't find my Wranglers, but my Lee's aralmost the same as the Levi 505's
Lee pockets are 6-1/2" deep fronts, 6" dp rear, 3" dp watch pocket, 7 belt loops...
Levi 505's are 6-1/2" deep front and rear pockets, 3-1/2" dp watch pocket, 7 loops....

I kinda like the fit on the Lee's better...

Ride safe,

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1367 on: August 09, 2016, 05:19:11 PM »
At the very front, my Wranglers measure 9" to the top of the watch pocket.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1369 on: August 09, 2016, 05:48:14 PM »
You should have switched to Wranglers years ago, they've always* been the better jean. 

I have to agree... it is all I wear; Wrangler 5 Star Premium relaxed fit.  A fraction of the price of Levi's and they actually fit well, are comfortable, and last a long time.  I can also even easily find them in 29"... extremely rare for other jeans.  They even go on sale sometimes- even though regular price at $17 is great.

My only big complaint is that they are only available in blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, and black.  I also want greens, greys, and browns.  They added one color called "TM Wash" but I can't tell what it is supposed to be (I think it is supposed to be a grey) but doesn't matter because it is ONLY available in a few sizes (of course, not mine).  I still have a single pair of green from probably 20 years ago, but they are just tatters now.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #1371 on: August 09, 2016, 07:04:12 PM »
The jean features you hate appeal to younger folks. They don't wear belts and they want their phones to stick out so people can see what they are carrying. Thinner material is also appealing to the younger set.

I wouldn't wear jeans anymore and haven't for over a decade. Cotton pants, commonly referred to as khakis, preferably of the cargo persuasion, is what I wear exclusively. Jeans never dry out if they get wet; pants do.

Levis probably considers themselves a manufacturer instead of a consumer based corporation. Therefore, they leave customer service up to the retail outlets.

Speaking of which, I get tired of my wife complaining that "outlet malls" don't have good prices anymore. Outlet used to mean an off the beaten path warehouse-grade establishment where manufacturers could dump B grade merchandise at cost or less. Now it means a collection of retail stores arranged in an outdoor strip mall fashion replete with convenient food and beverage stops, all at retail prices. They trained folks to associate outlet with cheap and then decades later, pulled a bait and switch.
2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #1373 on: August 10, 2016, 08:54:06 AM »

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1374 on: August 10, 2016, 09:14:38 AM »
$54.50? Wow.. there's your deep pockets right there!

Well...they do advertise ball room.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1375 on: August 10, 2016, 11:58:13 AM »
I have to agree... it is all I wear; Wrangler 5 Star Premium relaxed fit.  A fraction of the price of Levi's and they actually fit well, are comfortable, and last a long time.  I can also even easily find them in 29"... extremely rare for other jeans.  They even go on sale sometimes- even though regular price at $17 is great.

My only big complaint is that they are only available in blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, and black.  I also want greens, greys, and browns.  They added one color called "TM Wash" but I can't tell what it is supposed to be (I think it is supposed to be a grey) but doesn't matter because it is ONLY available in a few sizes (of course, not mine).  I still have a single pair of green from probably 20 years ago, but they are just tatters now.

Just ordered a pair of Wrangle Premium regular fit. If I like them, I'll order more. All my old Levis 505's are decrepit and perfect for working on the bike but need new jeans for work. Someone at the Salvation Army is going to get one almost new and one never been worn pair of 505's.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1376 on: August 10, 2016, 12:00:31 PM »
Can't find my Wranglers, but my Lee's aralmost the same as the Levi 505's
Lee pockets are 6-1/2" deep fronts, 6" dp rear, 3" dp watch pocket, 7 belt loops...
Levi 505's are 6-1/2" deep front and rear pockets, 3-1/2" dp watch pocket, 7 loops....

I kinda like the fit on the Lee's better...

Ride safe,

My old pairs of 505's measure 8.25 inches from the lowest point on entry to the bottom of the pocket. 6-1/2" sounds right for the newer 505's. Puts my cell phone right at the bend when sit down.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1377 on: August 10, 2016, 03:27:29 PM »

LOL!!!   :finger_fing11:
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1378 on: August 10, 2016, 03:30:36 PM »
My old pairs of 505's measure 8.25 inches from the lowest point on entry to the bottom of the pocket. 6-1/2" sounds right for the newer 505's. Puts my cell phone right at the bend when sit down.

Wrangler 5 star relaxed fit 29 waist; pocket depth is 9" on the fly side and 6.5" on the outer side

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1379 on: August 10, 2016, 04:53:15 PM »

Well worth it.