Author Topic: Show us your Canyon Cage  (Read 143459 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Show us your Canyon Cage
« on: June 18, 2012, 04:16:52 PM »
Got my canyon cage today and installed 1 hour later. Very high quality and looks and feels very strong. Would definitely protect the bike in a drop. Great job Ryan!

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
Canyon Cage picture thread
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 07:06:52 PM »
Arrived and installed. Although the install was not hard, it was not a trivial task. I don't look forward to removing the fairing. All in all a great product. Thanks Ryan.

I really like the looks of these from the front.

The nut that is shinning in the picture below is going to cause some foul language for those with bigger hands.

Offline Dalroo

• 2B1 - ASK1
Re: Show us your Canyon Cage
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 07:47:13 PM »
I can't wait for mine.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 08:04:05 PM »
Nice.  But shouldn't this be in the "Accessories and Modifications - C14" section?
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline RBX QB

Re: Canyon Cage picture thread
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 08:56:52 PM »
Bastard... I'm not even on the round 2 list.  :( Then again, I did wait a bit before ordering.

Question... Do you think that the plastics would come off easier if you trimmed the web between the top 2 fins? I think others did that with the bathroom bars.
2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 08:58:32 PM »
Very nice Gumbi!  8) :chugbeer:

Now lay her over and take some pics...  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Gsun

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 09:23:47 PM »
Yeah...like ZG!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 09:27:52 PM »
Is he already shipping????  I have heard nothing and was one of the first in the preorder!  I want mine!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Texas Concours14

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 09:43:16 PM »
Got mine today!
2010 C14 ABS

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 09:53:22 PM »
Bastard... I'm not even on the round 2 list.  :( Then again, I did wait a bit before ordering.

Question... Do you think that the plastics would come off easier if you trimmed the web between the top 2 fins? I think others did that with the bathroom bars.
MGvalerio could probably find a way to remove the fairing with out taking the cages off, but I'm thinking they have to come off.

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 10:08:05 PM »
MGvalerio could probably find a way to remove the fairing with out taking the cages off, ...

With a pocketknife and a gum wrapper, I'd guess.
2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Offline Kinetic1

• I really do have the best wife EVER! 2013 Tuono
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 05:24:01 AM »
Is he already shipping????  I have heard nothing and was one of the first in the preorder!  I want mine!

I got a receipt in the mail with a ups tracking number right on it. Says mine will be here today.
No, really, she is the best and I can prove it...

Connie has been sold. Replaced with 2013 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2012, 05:38:59 AM »
Nice.  But shouldn't this be in the "Accessories and Modifications - C14" section?

Or at least the thread that was already created for it?  http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=9362
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012, 06:09:01 AM »
It's ok here.  I've merged the other thread here.

Or at least the thread that was already created for it?  http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=9362

That link no longer works as that thread was merged into this one.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012, 06:23:20 AM »
There is a tiny plastic tab between the fins.  It has no structural importance.  You can cut that tab and remove the plastic without removing the bar. 

Dalroo and I were orders 6 and 14 and we won't be shipped until the 3rd batch if we read it correctly in the thread. 
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline danl

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 06:50:50 AM »
I can't wait for mine to arrive. I have a helmet lock that I took off my wife's highway bars I'm going to install on them so I don't have to keep a bag empty to secure my helmet. Maybe some extra foot pegs to change up riding position on those long days, we'll see.

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2012, 07:07:45 AM »
Danl, can you show us this helmet lock?  That sounds brilliant, a helmet lock on the bars.....I'd love to see it.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline Dalroo

• 2B1 - ASK1
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2012, 07:49:29 AM »
Question - I have a toy hauler, but have not used for my Concours as I have been hesitant about tie down options. For those of you who have installed the canyon cages, do you think they might serve as points for strapping the bike? Or are they too low to hold bike vertical?

I've considered adding a detachable wheel chock to help, but even then I end up with the mounting rail in my living area, so I haven't even done that yet. And don't think canyon dancers are a good option with the aluminum bars.

Thoughts?

Offline Elfmaze

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2012, 08:02:01 AM »
I still like the utility of my "Dumbo ears"  But Its great that you guys got what you were looking for.  Ryan is a good guy in my book.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2012, 08:30:30 AM »
Question - I have a toy hauler, but have not used for my Concours as I have been hesitant about tie down options. For those of you who have installed the canyon cages, do you think they might serve as points for strapping the bike? Or are they too low to hold bike vertical?

I've considered adding a detachable wheel chock to help, but even then I end up with the mounting rail in my living area, so I haven't even done that yet. And don't think canyon dancers are a good option with the aluminum bars.

Thoughts?

I think they would be usable for tie down points. Put the soft tie right above the top cross bar.