Author Topic: A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...  (Read 38985 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2017, 06:52:45 AM »
Yup, I'm thinking your wife will be a wee bit more comfy on the back of that! Nice!

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2017, 07:08:04 AM »
Nice bike!  And...yes...a totally different riding experience...
'02 C-10

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2017, 07:25:13 AM »
Yup, I'm thinking your wife will be a wee bit more comfy on the back of that! Nice!

My wife's knees have been bothering her on the longer trips.   It's much better on this bike.  She likes the wider board for her feet and she remarked that she isn't getting knocked in the back by the top case anymore.  All in all, it's a big upgrade from 2 up on the C14.  The cruise control holds the speed very well, unlike the Voyager I had years ago.  The only downside I can see at the moment is less storage than I'm used to on the C14.  The side cases are much narrower, but the top case is larger than the Shad46 I have now.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2017, 10:27:42 AM »
Conger rats Jim!
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2017, 10:28:46 AM »
Another thing.....the fob unlocks and locks all the cases..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2017, 11:15:44 AM »
Just to be absolutely clear.....I'm not going pirate.   Wearing the same stuff I always do.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2017, 01:11:15 PM »
Says the guy riding the 'thump- thump', V twin. That is kinda' like saying "Why I remember the second time I lost my virginity..... and the third time, now that is a great story!".

:rotflmao: three times.   C'mon now Jim, one begins sky- diving when one's feet leave the airplane deck, not when one's feet hit the ground.

Brian

Just to be absolutely clear.....I'm not going pirate.   Wearing the same stuff I always do.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2017, 03:42:19 PM »

I would guess its difficult carrying a sword in your assless chaps, painful even.
2010 C14, 2007 ZX14,  2004 KTM 300SXC

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2017, 07:02:03 PM »
Hey don't knock it til you try it...

Also, I am somewhat disappointed that this thread is so mellow.  It's starting to pick up but no one is making fun of me.  Not sure what to think of that.  I may have to ban someone...  Blue14 and Brian are exempt for their feeble attempt at mocking me.. :rotflmao:   Possibly they are French?

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2017, 07:22:25 PM »
I do believe you need a new helmet....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2017, 08:34:54 PM »
Close, but no cigar.  However, you may have stumbled upon something quite by accident.  I do love all things Deco.  Always have.  Possibly I lived in those times from a previous life.

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2017, 11:02:54 PM »
Hey ... shouldn't PC people be mad and try to forcing Indian to change its name?

If they did get mad and 'won'   ::) I think the name should be changed to Injun ... with corporate claiming it's just a funny way to spell engine.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2017, 11:20:07 PM »
Also, I am somewhat disappointed that this thread is so mellow.

If only you had purchased the ugly two tone mint green and cream one, then I would have been pushed too far and said something requiring sword action or banishment.  However since you purchased a more attractive blue monotone one, I wasn't pushed to the point of uncontrollable rudeness.  Maybe if you get some "Get Back whips" I could be inspired to do better? (pink ones would do it I should think.)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2017, 06:20:15 AM »
Better...  He dealer did talk about a bell and how it is supposed to protect the rider/passenger/bike but the protectee can't buy it for themselves.  Said he sells a lot of them.  Didn't mention whips.  Swords cut whips if one is fast enough.  I don't want anything dragging off the bike.

Hey ... shouldn't PC people be mad and try to forcing Indian to change its name?

If they did get mad and 'won'   ::) I think the name should be changed to Injun ... with corporate claiming it's just a funny way to spell engine.

right...

Offline Jim M.

• 2008 C-14
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2017, 07:17:24 AM »
Congrats! Last year the Fredericksburg dealer had the demo truck there and I rode all the different models since I'm probably not far from getting some kind of old man touring bike next. I'm still going to keep the C-14 for 1 up riding though. I came in thinking the Roadmaster would be the one, but after riding them, I settled on the Chieftain. I think that's going to be the one when it's time.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2017, 10:15:53 AM »
 :thumbs:   I like the old man comment.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2017, 12:07:09 PM »
:thumbs:   I like the old man comment.
older...not old, Jim.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2017, 12:10:57 PM »
Got a haircut hair cut today.  Asked me if I wanted the senior discount.  Absolutely, I said.  Saved 2 bucks.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 02:38:53 PM by VirginiaJim »

Offline O.C.

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2017, 12:21:58 PM »
"Hair"........................you've got HAIR  ::)   
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2017, 02:38:23 PM »
Let me re-phrase that....see my earlier post.