Author Topic: problems buying from forum members.  (Read 8038 times)

Offline Leo

Re: problems buying from forum members.
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2011, 06:32:03 AM »
I am not the seller that was involved in the original post, but I do ship boxes of parts almost every day.   I use the USPS, and in at least 160 boxes this year, I have not lost one order.  I always ask the buyer to give me the address they want where the Post Office delivers.  I don't care if it is their mothers, that is their choice.  By discussing this ahead of time, it prevents a lot of frustration. 
Yep, still riding the old one

In Indiana, missing Texas

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2011, 07:04:22 AM »
I am not the seller that was involved in the original post, but I do ship boxes of parts almost every day.   I use the USPS, and in at least 160 boxes this year, I have not lost one order.  I always ask the buyer to give me the address they want where the Post Office delivers.  I don't care if it is their mothers, that is their choice.  By discussing this ahead of time, it prevents a lot of frustration.

One thing I know about myself is that I'm anal enough to assume that everyone is capable of being dumber than I am and that if I wanted something shipped to a POB I would be the type of person to be sure to remind the shipper (several times over) that he must use the USPS....
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2011, 07:56:50 AM »
Just curious to know why someone would use POB instead of their physical address? Just asking since I don't understand, not a jab.

Flame suit on.......

Some live out in the sticks, on property... no USPS delivery for that.  You have to come into town for your mail.
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline Kazairl

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2011, 09:13:35 AM »
So The OP doesn't supply a physical address KNOWING that UPS and FEDEX don't ship to POBs(Because he is smart!) and then whines and complains that he didn't get his part on time? Sounds like a stupid move on the Part of the OP. He is just as much to blame as the person he is trying to lay all the blame on.  Maybe next time you should request the seller ship it USPS if your only going to supply a POB.  Is it really that hard? You get no sympathy from me and deserve an marshmallow award for your thread.

And what people are saying about Fedex is kind of true and Kind of not. I live out in the country and the dirt road to my house is in bad shape. The last 1/4 mile is in REALLY bad shape. But where I work is on the highway. The UPS guys drops it off at work which works out well for me because he usually shows up around 2-230 when I am at work anyways. The Fedex guy however, won't drop my stuff off at work. He insists on driving out to my house and leaving a note on my door that he was there.  The second time he comes around he usually just leaves it inside the door.

Some live out in the sticks, on property... no USPS delivery for that.  You have to come into town for your mail.

USPS doesn't have rural routes where your from? Or will they only deliver a certain radius around the town?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 04:31:13 PM by T Cro ® »

Son of Pappy

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2011, 12:22:20 PM »
Jim, Tony?  About that time, eh?

Offline Kazairl

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2011, 12:46:58 PM »
Soooo, It's acceptable for someone to call someone a marshmallow for not taking precautions but it is not acceptable to point out that said person is also guilty of the same thing?

I'm sorry. Next time I'll remember to use my nice words.   ::)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 03:47:16 PM by VirginiaJim »

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2011, 12:48:41 PM »
FED-EX is the best. UPS is horrid.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Son of Pappy

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2011, 01:04:47 PM »
Soooo, It's acceptable for someone to call someone else an idiot for not taking precautions but it is not acceptable to point out that said person is also guilty of the same thing?

I'm sorry. Next time I'll remember to use my nice words.   ::)
Nope!  This thread has deteriated to Arena fodder and I have too much respect for the fine folks who have made this such a great forum, that BTW, is all of us ;D

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2011, 01:07:54 PM »
Locked until I can find out what's going on.  Gotta go to a client crisis at the moment.....  You guys......sigh.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2011, 01:44:36 PM »
Arena fodder? Close but not quite. But it has served a useful purpose. What purpose is that? That being when you take a poop in public don't be surprised if people walk up to the pile of poop and point at the poop and proclaim that the poop stinks while they add their own pile of poop.

Moral? Don't poop in public!
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2011, 03:43:40 PM »
Ok, I've read this thread twice and nowhere did I see anyone calling anyone an idiot marshmallow.  I see no reason to lock or move it to the Arena.  We all have thoughts on package delivery as most of us buy through the 'net.  So let's keep the discussion civil...

If one looks at the description of this board it says 'The place to chat around a virtual camp fire'.  So lets just assume we're doing that and be nice.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2011, 03:57:41 PM »
Dude, you rock da house!

Offline Kazairl

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2011, 05:17:34 PM »
Arena fodder? Close but not quite. But it has served a useful purpose. What purpose is that? That being when you take a poop in public don't be surprised if people walk up to the pile of poop and point at the poop and proclaim that the poop stinks while they add their own pile of poop.

That made me laugh.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2011, 06:16:11 PM »
It's good to laugh....

Offline Tim

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2011, 06:17:35 PM »
Also living where the post office won't deliver to my door, I have a Post Office Box. When I order something the brown truck or Fed-X delivers I always make sure they have my house address on the shipping information. The Fed-X driver will take my package to my office if I'm not home, which is nice.
I don't always ride a street bike. But when I do, it's a Concours. Ride safely my friend.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2011, 04:29:36 AM »

You have such a way with words....

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2011, 01:14:04 PM »
I gotta poop.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline lt1

• 2008 C14
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2011, 05:00:33 PM »
Glad some sense was displayed and this was unlocked.  Both "sides" have basically had their say:  Shipping companies can mess up, and did in this case.  Shippers should have enough sense to ship properly, which did not happen in this case.  Buyers should continue to beware.  Just because someone is a fellow forum member, there isn't any guarantee they have enough sense to ship properly, so it is always best to confirm all the details - price, payment, timing, shipping, warranty, etc. Didn't happen in this case.  What is the old saying?  "No one has ever gone broke underestimating the average person's intelligence."
Eyes, Brain, Hands.  Repeat.

Offline CB Schmaltz

• FLY RIDE SKI SAIL
    • www.BuyNWProperty.com
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2011, 11:25:46 AM »
last week I had a shop try to ship UPS to my  uspo po box
I mean a big MC shop in portland
even after I asked how they shipped and they said USPO for this part
and I gave them a uspo po box address
they sent it UPS anyway
UPS picked it up put it in the system
when it got to the closest city where they have local deliverly trucks
( hood river is a tiny little town)
they (ups) caught it and sent me a post card at the USPO PO Box
I got the post card called and we got it taken care of
ups was nice and worked it out
guess all I am saying is most people dont understand this issue
heck most people dont know the difference from a mailing address and a physical addrress
WOT
been missing ridng the last two weeks
its been sunny and warm in maui
good paragliding, great windsurfing on the north shore
and cold beer on the beach
aloha
CB Schmaltz, Hood River, Or
503 806 1525
Connie 14, &  KLR best 2 bikes in the world.
Others in the stalls, VROD, WR250r,  Shadow Spirt, Versys 650, CRF250l, Vsrtom , 75 Z1B

Offline lddave

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2011, 05:24:38 PM »
I guess my resply to kazairl was considered out of bounds ?
Dave
IBA 178