Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 456109 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: What makes me crazy....
« Reply #420 on: June 25, 2014, 04:45:04 AM »
Ordered a new GPS from Amazon, it was delivered yesterday. After opening the shipping box I noticed that the GPS box looked a little rough, like it's been opened before. After opening the box I can tell that the GPS has been out of the box and perhaps used previously (no protective cling over the GPS's screen, no twist ties on the cables, etc.....) I turned the GPS on and it looked fine, till I opened the recent trip info. The GPS had been in use for more than 6 hours and had traveled more than 200 miles with a max speed of 87mph.

I've spent a lot of money at Amazon in the past and paying for a new device and having a returned device sent to me instead make me crazy!

Needless to say, I let Amazon know how I feel about this and I received a refund and will be sending the GPS back, with a new top speed I might add.    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #421 on: June 25, 2014, 05:08:02 AM »
Don't blame you.  It would **** me off as well.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #422 on: June 25, 2014, 06:24:40 AM »
Obviously used by someone on a Harley ;)

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #423 on: June 25, 2014, 08:42:23 AM »
People who hit their brake before signalling and changing lanes.  I know, at least they signaled, but why the brake?  I see it a lot and it makes me crazy.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #424 on: June 25, 2014, 09:43:10 PM »
Buying foreclosed/REO properties from banks drives me ^%$&ing crazy.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #425 on: June 25, 2014, 11:32:37 PM »
People who think it's ok to sit on my bike.  >:( :censored: :thumbdown

Offline Conrad

« Reply #426 on: June 26, 2014, 04:27:32 AM »
Obviously used by someone on a Harley ;)

:rotflmao:

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #427 on: June 26, 2014, 06:19:46 AM »
Getting a useless meeting scheduled in late afternoon on the evening I was going to start on a 5 day ride. I blocked the time out in the calendar to leave "early" at 5:00 but the meeting got scheduled by someone 2 timezones earlier. 3:00 for them, 5:00 for me. It would be one thing if it was important but this is just a reschedule of a recurring meeting.  >:(

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #428 on: June 26, 2014, 08:17:40 AM »
Getting a useless meeting scheduled in late afternoon on the evening I was going to start on a 5 day ride. I blocked the time out in the calendar to leave "early" at 5:00 but the meeting got scheduled by someone 2 timezones earlier. 3:00 for them, 5:00 for me. It would be one thing if it was important but this is just a reschedule of a recurring meeting.  >:(

Bluetooth headset in the helmet, FTW. ;D
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #429 on: June 26, 2014, 10:37:34 AM »
Bluetooth headset in the helmet, FTW. ;D

I have a Sena and yes I am so tempted to go that route. If they don't add webX to the meeting I just might.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #430 on: July 25, 2014, 05:37:48 AM »
No coffee makes me crazy!

I went to grind my coffee beans this morning only to find that my freakin coffee grinder bit the dust!  :o    >:(

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #432 on: July 25, 2014, 07:25:23 AM »

I went to grind my coffee beans this morning only to find that my freakin coffee grinder bit the dust!  :o    >:(

:yikes: That would be DefCon 1 emergency in my book.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #433 on: July 25, 2014, 07:55:55 AM »

This damn grinder has so many safety switches and interlocks to keep the user from grinding their fingers to the bone that I figured it had to be one of the switches. After some minor surgery I managed to grind enough beans for two cups so the DefCon status was downgraded somewhat. I'll be breaking out my soldering iron and doing some unsanctioned and unsafe mods on this thing. I hope that I don't lose a finger.    ;)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #434 on: July 25, 2014, 08:17:04 AM »
Or poke your eye out..

Offline Classvino

• Longtime Kawi Rider
« Reply #435 on: July 25, 2014, 08:17:55 AM »

We keep a small bag of "pre-ground" coffee in the freezer for just such emergencies.   We use it up and replace periodically just to ensure it doesn't degrade too badly in the freezer - keeps if fairly well though...

Jamie
2013 C14 - First "new" bike
1983 CB1100F, 1977 GS850, 1974 KH750 H2, 1974 KH500 H1, 1975 KH400 S3, 1979 RD 400 Daytona......

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #436 on: July 25, 2014, 03:38:15 PM »
what makes me crazy is having not one but two antique cars to fool with....cuttin' into my post-ho time    don't ask  ;D

sunday driver:

frame off restoration project

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Conrad

« Reply #437 on: July 26, 2014, 07:15:06 AM »
After completely disassembling my coffee grinder here's what I found inside the top section of the grinder (where the controls live).

[smg id=639]

That is nearly 2 ounces (yes, I weighed it) of old coffee that somehow got inside of the unit's case and fouled up the open 'rheostat' that is used to set the grind time.

Talk about a poor design! I received this Cuisinart grinder as a gift about 3 years ago from my son. Maybe I should contact Cuisinart and tell them of this poor design?

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #438 on: July 26, 2014, 08:05:10 AM »
Sounds french. Do you speak french?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #439 on: July 26, 2014, 08:23:14 AM »
Sounds french. Do you speak french?

Nope, do you think that might be the problem?