Author Topic: Cafe Build of a C10  (Read 8280 times)

Offline connie_rider

Re: Cafe Build of a C10
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2019, 10:14:29 AM »
I bought it at an auction, and later sold it.
Steve Sefsick now owns it, and {by working with Dynojet} has greatly improved it.

Ride safe, Ted

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2019, 12:57:07 PM »
WOOOOOHOOOOOOO...
That's soooo cool....
I think I know where that gold paint came from.... you gonna have him sign his number on that tail section???

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline sport rider

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2019, 01:35:07 PM »
I hadn't thought of that.  maybe after paint I'll have him autograph the back and clear it.  This one went from a project build to a sentimental keepsake. :)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2019, 03:33:16 PM »
SERIOUSLY SO..... :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :hail: :banana :banana

Offline sport rider

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2019, 11:47:41 AM »
what do you think of the color?  :)

gpineau

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2019, 12:17:58 PM »
I really like it. Good choice, Nice and bright. 

Looks ready to ride.

Mine is still hiding in the garage and has not seen sunshine in a long time.

OOPs! I take that back. I just noticed the carbs are missing. But you got the airbox installed. I think it looks much better with an airbox.

Offline sport rider

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2019, 03:35:22 PM »
I happened to have a can of duplicolor to match the 05 color of the tank, so I sprayed the front and back to match.  this isn't the final color, but will be fine to get it running and rolling.  paint can come later. 

yeah, carbs are off.  waiting to hear from Steve to get them sent to him for cleaning.  I got the turn signals for the back.  still have the brake light to install. just license plate bracket, mirrors, and decent tires to get it on the road.

gpineau

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2019, 04:25:11 PM »
My brake light, license plate bracket was all in one. If you haven't already bought one have a look.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XW5P3HB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Your getting close....

I am postponing adding any length to the frame until I know what the seat is going to be. I am waiting for that cafe- seat to arrive from china to see if I am going to use it or not. 

Got it started again today. It's been really rough starting in the cold weather.  I've got a new problem with backfiring on the right side. Wasn't doing that last time I started it.
I think you are going to be on the road long before me.

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2019, 09:23:39 PM »
It’s looking great.  That seam at the bottom of the gas tank bugs me, though.  It reminds me that there used to be bodywork on the bike.  I wonder if it were painted black, if that would hide it better?  You could test fit with electrical tape to get a visual before painting.  Just a thought.  Keep up the good work!
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline sport rider

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2019, 11:53:51 AM »
My brake light, license plate bracket was all in one. If you haven't already bought one have a look.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XW5P3HB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Your getting close....

I am postponing adding any length to the frame until I know what the seat is going to be. I am waiting for that cafe- seat to arrive from china to see if I am going to use it or not. 

Got it started again today. It's been really rough starting in the cold weather.  I've got a new problem with backfiring on the right side. Wasn't doing that last time I started it.
I think you are going to be on the road long before me.

I ordered this for the brake light.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Cafe-Racer-Flush-Mount-LED-Stop-Brake-Tail-Light-Smoked-Lens-SAE-DOT/183720182349?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

plan to put it along the line of the rear frame on the back.  I also got some license plate bolts that are LED lighted for the plate light.  That and a very little bit of bracket fabrication should get me finished with the rear end.

Offline sport rider

« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2019, 11:55:53 AM »
It’s looking great.  That seam at the bottom of the gas tank bugs me, though.  It reminds me that there used to be bodywork on the bike.  I wonder if it were painted black, if that would hide it better?  You could test fit with electrical tape to get a visual before painting.  Just a thought.  Keep up the good work!

I've seen some old tanks like this which they have heated up the metal and worked it under.  I do like that look.  When I decide to get finish work done, I'll consider that too.  :)

gpineau

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2019, 12:25:16 PM »
On my other C10 I used a rubberized door trim to define the lines around the tank and the cowlings.  Have a look. It might smooth out the transition line around the tank.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BWKCUAO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Offline sport rider

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2020, 01:41:42 PM »
that might be a cheap way to hide it.  maybe I'll try it out with some of the fairing edge cover that runs down along the side.  I have some laying around from the disassembly.  thx!

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2020, 07:04:39 AM »
Be wary of using that edge strip stuff as it holds water and will quick-rot your tank for you.
I like the idea of "hiding" the edge by painting it black though.  ;D
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline sport rider

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2020, 08:33:39 AM »
got a few more parts and made some progress over the weekend.  Tail light, brake light and turn signals all working as expected.

now if that slacker Steve Sefsick would get my carbs back to me, I can make an actual test run.   :rotflmao:

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2020, 03:54:13 PM »
got a few more parts and made some progress over the weekend.  Tail light, brake light and turn signals all working as expected.

now if that slacker Steve Sefsick would get my carbs back to me, I can make an actual test run.   :rotflmao:

cut Steve some slack, seriously... he just got out of the hospital after having some serious heart problems...

now, if that was said in a humorous form, after recently talking to him, and him saying check your mail tomorrow.. it's ok...

Offline sport rider

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2020, 11:26:58 AM »
cut Steve some slack, seriously... he just got out of the hospital after having some serious heart problems...

now, if that was said in a humorous form, after recently talking to him, and him saying check your mail tomorrow.. it's ok...

yeah.  I talked with him.  knew he was seriously sick and told him this is NOT a priority before getting himself better.  Just giving him a hard time should he happen upon my post.

He did tell me he'd probably get to it in a couple weeks.

Offline sport rider

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2020, 12:56:02 PM »
Still waiting for my carbs to get back from Steve, but in the mean time, I made some more progress.....

Two of these things ard not like the others.  :)

Offline sport rider

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2020, 12:58:06 PM »
closer up....

Offline sport rider

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2020, 12:59:09 PM »
...and another closeup.