Author Topic: Bought a Jetta TDI W/Nav package  (Read 128109 times)

Offline Scaffolder

Re: Bought a Jetta TDI W/Nav package
« Reply #280 on: February 20, 2013, 07:27:56 PM »
Hopefully the prices are solid and not false advertising. I was looking at the Jetta and the Golf until I saw these prices. I'll know by the weekend.
Joel from Maine.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #281 on: February 20, 2013, 07:33:25 PM »
I sure wish diesel prices would come down...  Takes 2 credit cards to fill the truck >:(

Offline Conrad

« Reply #282 on: February 21, 2013, 04:34:47 AM »
TONS of info on the TDIs here.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php

Be warned about the doom and gloom crowd though. To read what some of them have to say you'd think we were driving a time bomb.

We have just under 11k on our Sportwagen and it's been flawless. Still lovin the car.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #283 on: February 21, 2013, 04:37:03 AM »
I sure wish diesel prices would come down...  Takes 2 credit cards to fill the truck >:(

I don't drive my truck much but I did fill the tank (35 gal tank   :o ) right after the local station winterized the diesel. I feel your pain. I'm taking the truck today just to get it out and about.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Son of Pappy

Offline Conrad

« Reply #285 on: February 21, 2013, 09:00:06 AM »

Son of Pappy

« Reply #286 on: February 21, 2013, 09:19:00 AM »
And it has a DSG. Holy smokes is that car fugly!
I'd own it, if I won the lottery.  It would sit next to the Cobra MKIII :)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #287 on: February 21, 2013, 10:39:31 AM »
I'd own it, if I won the lottery.  It would sit next to the Cobra MKIII :)

There you go Chet! The fuel milage should average out pretty well between the two.

Offline Big Mike

• Binghamton, NY
« Reply #288 on: February 21, 2013, 03:15:24 PM »
How are those diesels doing in the winter ?? Any issues with the diesel gelling up ??

On the Peterbilt I drive (Cat C-15) if the temp starts getting down into the low 20's I treat the fuel because froze up big rigs are no fun at all..  :-\
2014 Concours 14 Candy Cardinal Red..
HeliBar Risers/Knight Design Lowered Pegs/Super Shark Skins/Cee Bailey Ultra Tour/TechSpec Snake Skin

Son of Pappy

« Reply #289 on: February 21, 2013, 03:24:47 PM »
How are those diesels doing in the winter ?? Any issues with the diesel gelling up ??

On the Peterbilt I drive (Cat C-15) if the temp starts getting down into the low 20's I treat the fuel because froze up big rigs are no fun at all..  :-\
No issues for me, but I live in the Pacific Northwet, where it's green, and wet.  I'll know more when I finish my retirement place and move to the dry side of the state.

Offline booger

« Reply #290 on: February 21, 2013, 06:13:02 PM »
And it has a DSG. Holy smokes is that car fugly!

Something about the eyes of the beholder, etc.......  I think it is a great looking car ;D

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #291 on: February 21, 2013, 06:24:17 PM »
Pricing on the Passat was funny business. The lowest prices I am seeing are just a hair under $25,100. I'll keep picking at them.
Joel from Maine.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #292 on: February 22, 2013, 04:23:40 AM »

I've never had any issues with my Jetta and gelling fuel. I don't use any additives either. The coldest we've had around here since we got the car was around minus 5F. The station where I fill up 99.9% of the time has D2, I try to avoid using any biodiesel if I can help it.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #293 on: February 22, 2013, 04:26:57 AM »
Something about the eyes of the beholder, etc.......  I think it is a great looking car ;D

Some parts of the car look great but I can't get past the looks of the rear wheel covers. I just showed it to my wife and she said, "yuck, but if it gets 261 mpg she could live with it."

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #294 on: February 22, 2013, 04:31:41 AM »
A look only a Prius owner could love.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #295 on: February 23, 2013, 02:22:31 PM »
Put a deposit on a black Ivory Passat to match the black Ivory C-14 I just bought. I found out the Passat feels more powerful because it uses urea fluid in the exhaust system instead of chokink the power in the catalytic converter systems the Jetta, Beetle, and Golf use. I was wondering why those didn't use the fluid.
Joel from Maine.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #296 on: February 23, 2013, 02:39:02 PM »
Put a deposit on a black Ivory Passat to match the black Ivory C-14 I just bought. I found out the Passat feels more powerful because it uses urea fluid in the exhaust system instead of chokink the power in the catalytic converter systems the Jetta, Beetle, and Golf use. I was wondering why those didn't use the fluid.

Most people don't want to add any fluid to vehicle much less fuel, so when urea injection gets tossed into the equation...........
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #297 on: February 23, 2013, 02:52:31 PM »
$15-$20 every 10,000 miles or so seems pretty simple. And VW does it for the first 36,000 miles.
Joel from Maine.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #298 on: February 23, 2013, 04:03:10 PM »
So let me get this straight, cause I'm easily confused.   Urea is the main ingredient in pi**.   So are you guys pi**ing in your cars now?  Please tell me I'm wrong before I call 911 to come get me as I've fallen into hysterical laughter and can't get up.... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Too late, methinks.

$15-$20 every 10,000 miles or so seems pretty simple. And VW does it for the first 36,000 miles.

And you're paying someone to **** in your car?  This is getting good.  Why do I have this mental picture of a VW Tech standing on the hood pissing in a Passat?  And this makes it more powerful?  My God, humor doesn't get any better than this.

And all ya'll have been keeping this to yourselves!  And I haven't even started drinking yet...

I'm going to have to strip this stuff out and send it to the 'Funny' board...  I'm laughing so hard now I'm getting a headache.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #299 on: February 23, 2013, 04:05:20 PM »
 :) Cow **** I think, Diesel Exhaust Fluid. Way to be green. ::)