Author Topic: anyone have a Baffle-ectomy how to  (Read 8796 times)

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
Re: anyone have a Baffle-ectomy how to
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2012, 07:04:08 AM »
These may be of interest on this thread.  Not my pictures, I just saved them for later.  A baffle-ectomy has already been performed on these (note the hole in the center of the inlet side).
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2012, 07:52:49 AM »
 :goodpost: :thumbs: :hail: I have been meaning to do a search to find those photo's. Thanks...
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline buzz

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2012, 01:31:35 PM »
Baffle-ectomy surgery was a success. The C-10 came out of the OR yesterday afternoon and sounds just a little bolder now.
Found a 1-1/8" hole saw and extension on the tool box so gave it a go. Complete job took less than 8 minutes, super easy.
Now if the rain will let up we'll get her out on the road for a little test ride.
Buzz

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 04:46:54 AM »
Baffle-ectomy surgery was a success. The C-10 came out of the OR yesterday afternoon and sounds just a little bolder now.
Found a 1-1/8" hole saw and extension on the tool box so gave it a go. Complete job took less than 8 minutes, super easy.Now if the rain will let up we'll get her out on the road for a little test ride.
Buzz

We generally rate these jobs on the beer scale.... With one beer being super easy!
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline mjrfd99

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 06:32:04 AM »
I have the bafflectomy hole saw and extention if anyone wants to do it in NJ shore area when I'm up north.
No I'm not sending/lending just stop by.    PM me

Offline Tele130

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2012, 09:27:50 AM »
Just did mine.  Took all of 30 sec a side.  I can tell the differance in the garage, crappy weather right now so a true ride report will have to wait.
Does this mean we get a "Re-Do" on life too?

Doug Colton
2006 Concours............nice ride!!!!!

Offline Tele130

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2012, 01:11:03 PM »
I attempted to do a before and after video.

This is before:
IMG_0547.MOV

And this if after.
IMG_0548.MOV

Please forgive me for butchering the name of the mod.  My bad. ;D

Doug Colton

Offline AZBiker

• My photos
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2012, 11:57:16 PM »
Nice!
rubber side down,

Derek
93 Cali black & red

Offline Gitbox

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2012, 07:25:31 PM »
Mine had a partial baffle-ectomy. The PO must have used a 3/4" hole saw (i guess). I performed a full baffle-ectomy and do notice a very slight improvement - in sound anyway. More rumbly I think.
2008 Yamaha FJR1300A
2004 Yamaha FJR1300 (sold)
2000 Kawasaki Concours ZG-1000 (sold)

Offline ddback

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2012, 03:45:46 PM »
Anyone have definitive info on advantage to performing Le Bafflectomy? Or is it just better sound and <i>seems</i> to have more power at higher RPM? (Nuthin wrong with that...just askin)

Thanks!

Offline Tele130

« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2012, 07:00:38 PM »
Anyone have definitive info on advantage to performing Le Bafflectomy? Or is it just better sound and <i>seems</i> to have more power at higher RPM? (Nuthin wrong with that...just askin)

Thanks!

I wouldn't go so far as to say it has "More Power", but the throttle response is much snapper. That slight sluggish lag is gone.

Oh.
And the sound is well worth it!!  I still ride with a bunch of ZRX buddies and they have mentioned that my "Stock Exhaust" is the best sounding system they've heard.

For what it's worth.  :thumbs:

Doug Colton

Offline Two Skies

• Arena
  • Road? What road?!?
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2012, 01:17:18 AM »
I wouldn't go so far as to say it has "More Power", but the throttle response is much snapper. That slight sluggish lag is gone.

Oh.
And the sound is well worth it!!  I still ride with a bunch of ZRX buddies and they have mentioned that my "Stock Exhaust" is the best sounding system they've heard.

For what it's worth.  :thumbs:

Based on recommendations on this site, shortly after purchasing my Connie, one of the first things I did was the Bafflectomy.  It helped reduce the buzz slightly, and perhaps increased the the throttle response.  It may or may not have helped my fuel economy as well.

Mainly, however, ever since drilling the 1"+ holes in the baffles, my bike sounds meaner now...
2006 w/50,000+ miles and a few bruises.

MCL Fork Brace & Handlebar Risers.  Bergmen Quick Release Tank Kit, Pilot GT Front/Avon Venom Rear tire.  Trunk w/spoiler.  NGK DR8EIX plugs.  Piece of foam in airbox.  Beads on seat.  Bafflectomized.  Murphs Kneesavers & Fuse Block.  Cee Bailey Winscreen w/vent.  Heated grips.  'Custom' mirrors.