Author Topic: evo flash  (Read 10498 times)

Offline dude412

evo flash
« on: February 19, 2017, 03:12:19 PM »
I just got the evo flash and had the original. My brother has the decel flash. I was explaining my experience with the original and then the evo. I can't explain to him about difference evo to decel. Can somebody help me out? I definitely like the evo! 

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
Re: evo flash
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 10:23:09 PM »
$75.00

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 10:27:05 PM »
Sorry..the devil made me do it.

Here's a cut 'n' paste answer to last you until you get one you like.

Quote from: Shoodaben Engineering website
THE ENHANCED DECEL BRAKING FLASH  this flash is for bikes with stock or slip on exhausts. This flash is the response to riders who have the original flash, and wanted more decel braking. This flash allows the rider to use the throttle more to control the vehicle speed while decelerating rather than brakes. This flash is very smooth on and off throttle, has all the power and economy of the original flash, but gives what I consider to me "more appropriate" throttle control to the rider. If you are a sporty / aggressive rider, or if ride in mountains, twisties, track days or even commuting where you need the throttle / gears to slow you rather than using brakes, this flash is for you. 325.00, including shipping and insurance in the US

THE EVOLUTION FLASH  - all new for 2017  for stock or slipon exhausts, the flash is simply the smoothest, most refined tuning for the c-14 available anywhere. I almost named this "the gentleman" because of it's level of refinement, but In retrospect it occurred to me that this was the evolution  of working on this c-14 tuning project for over 1.5 years, and developing over 100 different flashes along the way. Yes, each of those has been loaded into my own bike and tested. The Evolution Flash has incredibly finite throttle control, particularly from off throttle to applying precise throttle in the twisties, traffic, low speed maneuvering, etc. The Decel feature is present, though somewhat muted from the Decel flash. Power and fuel economy are maximized in the Evolution Flash, in fact the Evolution has the highest power output of the stock exhaust (slipons included) flashes, having gained over 4# TQ at low rpms over the previous flashes and a couple HP up high.  But manners and predictability to throttle input is where the Evolution Flash really shines. This IS the pinnacle of c-14 tuning, and likely is the final word on what can be done to improve rideability of the concours c-14. Special introductory / limited time price of  375.00, including shipping and insurance in the US. For comparison, there is a dyno comparison of the decel flash Vs the evolution flash below, as DECELVEVO . The run with the decel flash was done with a stock muffler, the evolution run was done with an area p slipon. After other dyno runs, I can relate that the slipon won't change the low rpm power, but will add appx 3 hp on top with a proper tune. the added low rm power is from changes in the evolution tune.

Offline dude412

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 05:51:13 AM »
Sorry..the devil made me do it.

Here's a cut 'n' paste answer to last you until you get one you like.
Not a problem. Thanks.

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 06:44:45 AM »
Since I built it, I think I'm the only resource to really answer the question... But I prefer to know exactly what it is you want to know about. In other words define your question more. there are big differences in the way the original, the decel, and the evolution flash respond while riding. Give me a riding scenario that I can compare the 2 flashes to. Steve

Offline dude412

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 05:39:05 PM »
Since I built it, I think I'm the only resource to really answer the question... But I prefer to know exactly what it is you want to know about. In other words define your question more. there are big differences in the way the original, the decel, and the evolution flash respond while riding. Give me a riding scenario that I can compare the 2 flashes to. Steve
Steve your exactly right. All I can say is I wanted the smoothness, economy and power and easier to ride and got it with the evo flash.  He likes to go fast and hard. He's thinking the decel flash, which he has, suits him better. I just try to stay between the lines so I'm just going to leave it at that. We're both happy!       

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 06:10:37 PM »
well this isn't saying much as I learned to ride in Fl, the land of 11 curves in 318 miles, but I'm faster with the evo because it's smoother, and I can select exactly the right amount of throttle while in curves. It really is dependent on riding style; the EVO flash has already been widely accepted by those upgrading, but I did have one fellow say if he was really getting after it in the mountains, he'd prefer the decel flash. I can see that. Steve

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 06:30:50 PM »
All other things equal , 2 bikes with the 2 flashes. Leaving a light side by side and both put the hammer down in second which one buys? :-)
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 05:48:22 AM »
All other things equal , 2 bikes with the 2 flashes. Leaving a light side by side and both put the hammer down in second which one buys? :-)

The Evolution is the stronger flash. Steve

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 10:08:09 AM »
Thanks. I think North Dakota has 2 less corners than Florida.
Wayne

The Evolution is the stronger flash. Steve
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 01:10:43 PM »

Everyone likes dyno charts. Here you go, decel (red) vs evolution flash (blue) .  Steve

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 01:29:52 PM »
Everyone likes dyno charts. Here you go, decel (red) vs evolution flash (blue) .  Steve

That would be nice with a stock line on it as well ;)
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2017, 06:05:22 PM »

That is a HUGE difference at 2.8K, like 30ft-lbs/32 hp, can that be correct or is that some type of test anomaly at low RPM?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2017, 08:49:26 PM »
That is a HUGE difference at 2.8K, like 30ft-lbs/32 hp, can that be correct or is that some type of test anomaly at low RPM?

you have to ignore the steep climb in the beginning because starting at lower rpm lets the power build sooner. Basically, just look at the area where they lines are parralleing each other, and compare the differences there. It's about 4# TQ which at that rpm is a LOT. Steve

Offline deltonian

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2017, 04:27:11 PM »
It feels like Christmas as I wait for the EVO to come back to me from vacation! Steve may have it today or tomorrow. Can't wait to start the riding season! Two of my sons have been riding this week with a warm break in the weather..

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2017, 04:35:58 AM »
I think mine has the decel version on it....   Got 51 mpg today indicated and still had fun on it.  I haven't seen that kind of mpg in a long time.   Those flashes are the best thing since sliced bread.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Flip

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2017, 05:19:43 PM »
Is it possible to put one flash in the normal slot, then another flash in the "ECO" slot?  Or is that "Not how any of this works..."?

Flip in SC
Flip
2011 Concours
2007 Goldwing Airbagger
Greenville, SC

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2017, 09:23:51 PM »
Is it possible to put one flash in the normal slot, then another flash in the "ECO" slot?  Or is that "Not how any of this works..."?

That is exactly how it works on the 2nd Gen Concours since it can hold two maps and switch between them.  The FEAM map is left in-tact as a fall-back or comparison.  I have not heard of replacing the FEAM map with something else (I suppose it is possible, however).

The 1st Gen (2008-2009) can only hold one map since it doesn't have a FEAM.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Flip

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2017, 08:01:29 AM »
Seems the best of both worlds might be Decel in the "Eco" slot and EVO in the standard slot.  This way if you want the decel features when hammering it in the mountains, it's as simple as holding a button for a moment.
Flip
2011 Concours
2007 Goldwing Airbagger
Greenville, SC

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2017, 10:09:25 AM »
Seems the best of both worlds might be Decel in the "Eco" slot and EVO in the standard slot.  This way if you want the decel features when hammering it in the mountains, it's as simple as holding a button for a moment.

That does sound interesting.  Let's wait to see what Steve says.  I am curious if anyone has overwritten the FEAM slot before.  Another idea would be to write the stock/normal mode into the FEAM slot so there is a true before/after option.... although I like your idea better.