Author Topic: Summer Gloves (Tourmaster Intake Air) 9.5  (Read 13806 times)

Offline Conrad

Summer Gloves (Tourmaster Intake Air) 9.5
« on: June 26, 2012, 10:15:20 AM »
My son sent me a gift card for Father's day and I needed me some new gloves, so...

After doing a lil research I decided on a pair of Tourmaster Intake Air gloves in Silver (my riding jacket is a Tourmaster Intake Series 2).

The main thing that I was looking for, after protection, was a breathable warm weather glove that would allow plenty of air to flow.

I ordered them from Powersport Superstore via Amazon. When they arrived I tried them on and I wasn't so sure that I had made the right choice. The gloves fit great and seemed to be very well made out of quality materials but they seemed a bit thick to really flow air well.

Once I got out on the bike it was clear that I had made the right choice. These gloves flow a ton of air! On the backs of these gloves there is a 'reverse hood scoop' that creates a low pressure area that helps draw more air through the glove. The palms and fingers are perforated while the backs are mesh. I can really feel the air flow through the entire glove. 

Tourmaster has hit a home run with these gloves! So now, not only am I dashing, debonair, and extremely handsome while riding my bike, I'm also color co-ordinated. These gloves match the colors of my jacket perfectly and keep my hands cool.

These gloves have earned the prestigious, and highly sought after, Conrad Seal of Approval. 

« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 05:38:50 AM by Conrad »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Stasch

Re: Summer Gloves
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 12:20:29 PM »
So now, not only am I dashing, debonair, and extremely handsome while riding my bike, I'm also color co-ordinated.

You forgot to add un-assuming and humble.   ::)    Poke:   8)

Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 12:27:57 PM »

You forgot to add un-assuming and humble.   ::)    Poke:   8)

I didn't want it to seem like I was bragging, you know?

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 12:46:13 PM »
My girlfriend bought me a pair of those earlier this summer.  Best thing she's done for me, almost.   :P  They are very nice when it's hot out, that's for sure.

Offline Stasch

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 02:02:02 PM »
I didn't want it to seem like I was bragging, you know?

Snort.  Good one.
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 02:30:07 PM »
I just might have to get a pair of these in BLACK of course  ;D

Offline Conrad

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 02:44:24 PM »
I just might have to get a pair of these in BLACK of course  ;D

You can't go wrong with these gloves Gum.

Yeah, you better get black. You wouldn't want your hands to be faster than the rest of your bike, that would be embarrassin.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 05:51:28 PM »
Amazing because I used to have the original Air Intake gloves and absolutely loved them. I lost one on my trip to the west coast last year and ended up buying a set of Air Intakes again but they are the second generation as you have and they don't fit me nearly as well- the fingers are longer and thinner then the originals. Also the originals were a wider mesh and quite a bit cooler.

By the way, what is the seal doing that is giving him such a contented look in that photo Conrad?

Brian

My son sent me a gift card for Father's day and I needed me some new gloves, so...

After doing a lil research I decided on a pair of Tourmaster Intake Air gloves in Silver (my riding jacket is a Tourmaster Intake Series 2).

The main thing that I was looking for, after protection, was a breathable warm weather glove that would allow plenty of air to flow.

I ordered them from Powersport Superstore via Amazon. When they arrived I tried them on and I wasn't so sure that I had made the right choice. The gloves fit great and seemed to be very well made out of quality materials but they seemed a bit thick to really flow air well.

Once I got out on the bike it was clear that I had made the right choice. These gloves flow a ton of air! On the backs of these gloves there is a 'reverse hood scoop' that creates a low pressure area that helps draw more air through the glove. The palms and fingers are perforated while the backs are mesh. I can really feel the air flow through the entire glove. 

Tourmaster has hit a home run with these gloves! So now, not only am I dashing, debonair, and extremely handsome while riding my bike, I'm also color co-ordinated. These gloves match the colors of my jacket perfectly and keep my hands cool.

These gloves have earned the prestigious, and highly sought after, Conrad Seal of Approval. 

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 06:17:46 PM »
She must be hanging out by the skimmer return.

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 06:25:40 PM »
You can't go wrong with these gloves Gum.

Yeah, you better get black. You wouldn't want your hands to be faster than the rest of your bike, that would be embarrassin.
I broke down and bought silver gloves. I saw the pants and I had to have a pair, but black is just to hot. So I bought silver pants and then I had to buy the silver gloves to go with.  :P

Offline Conrad

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2012, 06:05:36 AM »
Amazing because I used to have the original Air Intake gloves and absolutely loved them. I lost one on my trip to the west coast last year and ended up buying a set of Air Intakes again but they are the second generation as you have and they don't fit me nearly as well- the fingers are longer and thinner then the originals. Also the originals were a wider mesh and quite a bit cooler.

By the way, what is the seal doing that is giving him such a contented look in that photo Conrad?

Brian

I'm not sure what that seal is up to Brian but it looks pretty satisfied doesn't it?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2012, 06:06:29 AM »
I broke down and bought silver gloves. I saw the pants and I had to have a pair, but black is just to hot. So I bought silver pants and then I had to buy the silver gloves to go with.  :P

That's the spririt Gumbi! What's your opinion of the gloves and pants?

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2012, 06:31:11 AM »
That's the spririt Gumbi! What's your opinion of the gloves and pants?
I went to the Honda shop and tried them on, then went back to work and ordered them off of Amazon for almost half the price. They should be delivered by Wednesday. The forecast calls for sun all week so I will let ya know late next week.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2012, 06:36:43 AM »
Did you ask the shop if they could compete with the net price?

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2012, 06:49:18 AM »
Did you ask the shop if they could compete with the net price?
I was not planning on buying a pair of pants, so unfortunately I did not do my research. I always forget that I am carrying a Smartphone and it could help me in these situations. Doh....  ::)

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 07:12:33 AM »
How much are these going for? They look great.
Joel from Maine.

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2012, 07:16:15 AM »

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2012, 07:25:19 AM »
$26 plus shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000M9FDJ2/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01
I just noticed these are Airflow and Conrad has Intake Air. The Intake Air are $35.99 http://www.amazon.com/Tourmaster-INTAKE-GLOVE-SILVER-SIZE/dp/B001GE1RA6/ref=sr_1_2?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1341062377&sr=1-2&keywords=Tourmaster+Intake+Air

Sometimes I wonder about myself  :-[

Well if I don't like these at least Amazon has an awesome return policy.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2012, 07:29:56 AM »
You didn't buy the gloves that I recommended?    :o

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2012, 10:16:04 AM »
For warm weather riding I have the Alplinestars SMX-2 Air gloves.

http://www.alpinestars.com/shop/categories/moto/gloves/textile/smx-2-air-carbon-glove/

And the Alpinestars Airflo pants.

http://www.alpinestars.com/shop/categories/moto/pants/textile/air-flo-riding-pants/

And the Alpinestars T-GP-Plus jacket.

http://www.alpinestars.com/shop/categories/moto/jackets/textile/t-gp-plus-textile-jacket/

They breathe really nice IMO but still have the protection I want...  :)