Author Topic: Camera  (Read 1293 times)

Offline chap

Camera
« on: April 03, 2018, 10:55:59 AM »
Looking for some advice.

I want to put a camera system on my bike. The purpose is to capture video for facebook posts etc. So reasonable quality. Things I am looking for are:

Waterproof
Powered by Bike power
Auto start Recording with bike power on.
Ability to put in large cards (64GB+)

I looked at the Gopro Hero, They are good, you can even get an ext. power case, but no Auto record.

Has anyone found a good camera with these features.

Thanks
2010 Concours ABS = Blue
2003 Concours - Red (sold)

Offline p07r0457

Re: Camera
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 11:28:09 AM »
There is an add-on controller that you can attach to a GoPro to get the automatic recording w/vehicle power.

https://cam-do.com/products/dash-gopro-dashcam-controller
2009 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Candy Diamond Red
1986 Honda CB700SC Nighthawk S - Candy Aleutian Blue and Shasta White
2017 Acura MDX SH-AWD Advance - White Diamond Pearl
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium AWD - Majestic White

Offline deepseamdv

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 01:16:30 AM »
https://www.innovv.com/the-k?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0cuPjcqi2gIV4ZXtCh3Kjg_HEAAYASAAEgJAW_D_BwE

This system is what I use. It accepts 128 gb card, turns on with the bike ignition, each segment is 10 minutes by file number, can be tagged manually for later review ( with installed button), 1080 HD, front and rear cameras, GPS tagged.
  I've had it a couple of years, works great. They also have a 1 camera system.
BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1, Honda CB-650, 09C-14
El Mirage Record Holder A-BG 3000cc 11/83 184.049 mph

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 09:04:21 AM »
What ever you decide to buy make sure that it has
image stabilization
minimum 30 fps - 60 fps is better.   

A 4K (sports) camera is no good if it records at 15fps and has no image stabilization

I have over the years  had several types like GoPro Hero and others but I found the Sony Action HDR pro's are neat. I can and do record at 120fps so I can do Slow motion plus it has (optional) the wristband controller with GPS tracking.I can see what the camera sees on my wrist (or remotely)   and control the camera without touching the camera (or use your cell phone).

If you can afford it these are way ahead of anything else on the market.  The GPS tracking is cool (puts a little corner map of your route into the video) .They are already waterproof. You dont need a case unless you scuba dive.You can even change out the lens.(not easily)
https://www.sony.com/electronics/actioncam/fdr-x3000-body-kit
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle