Author Topic: More Tire Talk.....  (Read 1993 times)

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
More Tire Talk.....
« on: August 20, 2017, 12:47:16 PM »
More Tire Talk.....
Has anyone run the Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 's ?I can get a set for $190 delivered to my door. I know I won't get as much milage as most tires but I'm wondering how much less. I also know they will stick like glue in the twisties. Just wondering if price was going to be worth it. Mounting cost isnt a factor for me I can get mounted for next to nothing .

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: More Tire Talk.....
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 05:17:36 PM »
I absolutely loved the first miles on Pirelli Angel ST's, they were so neutral it was a real treat to ride on them. If they were 1/2 the price Michelin and lasted 1/2 as long, maintaining most of their good manners, I would have bought more.

So if those Diablo's treat you really well but for fewer miles, and they are 2/3 or less of the price of Michelin Pilot Road (3 or 4's) then it may be a great alternative.

Having the Michelins available for the occasional long ride is still nice but for most riding, I think getting 5K miles out of a set of tires is fine is changing them costs nothing or very little.

Brian

More Tire Talk.....
Has anyone run the Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 's ?I can get a set for $190 delivered to my door. I know I won't get as much milage as most tires but I'm wondering how much less. I also know they will stick like glue in the twisties. Just wondering if price was going to be worth it. Mounting cost isnt a factor for me I can get mounted for next to nothing .
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 06:54:11 PM »
Tire thread!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 07:41:46 PM »
I absolutely loved the first miles on Pirelli Angel ST's, they were so neutral it was a real treat to ride on them. If they were 1/2 the price Michelin and lasted 1/2 as long, maintaining most of their good manners, I would have bought more.

So if those Diablo's treat you really well but for fewer miles, and they are 2/3 or less of the price of Michelin Pilot Road (3 or 4's) then it may be a great alternative.

Having the Michelins available for the occasional long ride is still nice but for most riding, I think getting 5K miles out of a set of tires is fine is changing them costs nothing or very little.

Brian

Ive never gotten more than 5k miles out of any tire and ive tried all the usual suspects. PR3, PR4, T30, Angle St, Angle GT, 023 my average is 3500 to 4000 miles.

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 07:42:25 PM »
Tire thread!
Yup that's what the title said  LoL

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 08:33:36 PM »
Yeah, all different people, all over the country, get amazingly differing mileage out of the same tires. I have never gotten less than 9K out of a set, and that was kinda' unusual. The original Battleaxes went just over 9K miles and they were pretty painful toward the end. Did not realize it until the new tires hit the bike as to how bad they had gotten.

Given such short life, it might be even better to use soft, sticky rubber on the bike. Let us know how those Pirellis work for you, not just the mileage but how the act new and later, when well- worn.

Brian

Ive never gotten more than 5k miles out of any tire and ive tried all the usual suspects. PR3, PR4, T30, Angle St, Angle GT, 023 my average is 3500 to 4000 miles.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com