Author Topic: New from Ohio  (Read 6827 times)

Offline Rock Woody

Re: New from Ohio
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2014, 08:16:08 PM »
New here as well from Lake County Ohio!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2014, 03:55:33 AM »
Welcome!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2014, 10:31:59 AM »
New here as well from Lake County Ohio!

Where in Lake Co.? and what'cha riding...?

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Rock Woody

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2014, 08:52:42 PM »
Where in Lake Co.? and what'cha riding...?

In Perry Township. Work near downtown City of Painesville. Traded my 2009 Versys for a 2014 C14 this past spring. Only 800 miles so far but I am really enjoying it. Too many farkles that I want to add!

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2014, 07:39:36 PM »
In Perry Township. Work near downtown City of Painesville. Traded my 2009 Versys for a 2014 C14 this past spring. Only 800 miles so far but I am really enjoying it. Too many farkles that I want to add!
Take my word, seeing as I bought mine 7/7/07..in Va., before moving back home,
Ride it a while before changing the ergo's... put on 5k miles at least, I'm trying to save you money... I've seen lots of folks farkling a bike out and selling it without ever really seeing how it was delivered...
I'm over on rt 84 by St. Gabe's, lived in p'ville most of my life, momma used to work for Klien's nursery, right in your backdoor... when you want assistance on service, drop me a line
I kinda been around this bike a while, and pretty much all kaw's since the 70's....and being the former COG tech editor doesn't hurt...

Hey neighbor!, 8)

Oh, who did you buy from, Loudermilk?

Wondering who can give good warranty service now since the Oakwood dealership closed down... don't want t haul down to rt. 8. Too far.
Check out my stickey link on extended warrenties, and grap one up, they won't last forever, and I got my old dealer to give the best GTPP Price in the whole USA...

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Rock Woody

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2014, 08:17:50 PM »
Take my word, seeing as I bought mine 7/7/07..in Va., before moving back home,
Ride it a while before changing the ergo's... put on 5k miles at least, I'm trying to save you money... I've seen lots of folks farkling a bike out and selling it without ever really seeing how it was delivered...
I'm over on rt 84 by St. Gabe's, lived in p'ville most of my life, momma used to work for Klien's nursery, right in your backdoor... when you want assistance on service, drop me a line
I kinda been around this bike a while, and pretty much all kaw's since the 70's....and being the former COG tech editor doesn't hurt...

Hey neighbor!, 8)

Oh, who did you buy from, Loudermilk?

Wondering who can give good warranty service now since the Oakwood dealership closed down... don't want t haul down to rt. 8. Too far.
Check out my stickey link on extended warrenties, and grap one up, they won't last forever, and I got my old dealer to give the best GTPP Price in the whole USA...

Great! I will definitely hit you up for your knowledge. What a small world.

I purchased the bike from State 8 on my way home from Akron one day. They had some left over 2012's but I ended up on the 2014. Buying experience was really good. Doubt I will go there for service. Did the first service myself this past weekend. I didn't realize there was a time limit on the reduced warranties everyone talks about. I'll have to take care of that.

I've done a few things to the bike so far. Rear rack and backrest from PST in Mentor, grip puppies, Spencer seat mod, and V-Stream for the shield. Only regret so far is the seat mod. I was thinking of sending it to Laam now. I'm ok, but the Ms. needs the forward rake taken out of the seat and some new foot pegs for size and vibration. I'm also getting numb hands after 20 minutes or so from too much pressure on the palms. Tried buying handlebar riser/extenders from AST, but Ryan is MIA.