Author Topic: Two thumbs up for Stahlman Powersports in Rolla, MO  (Read 3944 times)

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
Two thumbs up for Stahlman Powersports in Rolla, MO
« on: May 13, 2011, 08:11:17 PM »
I dropped my C14 off to have the fuel tank, front rotors and tire pressure monitors replaced since all the parts have come in.  Trent, the service manager is a great guy and said he would put on my new front PR2, EBC pads and the right angle valve stems since everything was coming off for the TPS sensors anyway. He also said that they should have my bike ready by COB tomorrow, which really surprised me.  Here is the icing on the cake, he said that after 90 days if Kawi doesn't request the rotors and fuel tank to be returned that he would tag the parts to call me and give me the originals.  There is nothing more than a touch of surface rust on the welds for the tank and the rotors just need to be cleaned thoroughly due to a build up of pad material.  If you are in the area stop in and give them some business, they have been great to deal with. 
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Pynikal

• From power cruiser to power tourer.
Re: Two thumbs up for Stahlman Powersports in Rolla, MO
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 08:16:25 PM »
good to know JD.

what were your issues with the bike?

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 08:23:10 PM »
Very slight pulsation from my front rotors, low battery warning for my tire pressure sensors, and a little rust on the brackets that secure the fuel tank to the frame.   

Offline Pynikal

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 08:25:56 PM »
all warranty?

my brakes are squeaking like mad, i took it to the local kawi store and they said that was the nature of the beast.......

ang

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 08:28:30 PM »
Sounds like a dealer that actually wants to keep your business. I am sure you will tell everybody you know about them.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 08:31:34 PM »
all warranty?

my brakes are squeaking like mad, i took it to the local kawi store and they said that was the nature of the beast.......

ALL of it was warranty work.  I wouldn't pay a dealer to do anything unless I was stuck somewhere without tools.  Trent the service manager said I won't pay a penny.  There was a guy that posted about getting his rotors replaced and his dealer charged him for installing new pads even though the calipers had to come off to R&R the rotors.  I am fortunate that I have a trustworthy dealer only 20 minutes from my house.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 08:22:57 AM »
I picked my bike up yesterday, but they haven't completely finished yet.  I got to the dealer and they told me the tire pressure monitors weren't being recognized.  They said something about the ecu not talking to the sensors.  So I have to bring my bike back in once they get it figured out.  I am not upset though, they put new pads on with the rotors, a new front tire, and also installed my right angle valve stems.  They even balanced my wheels for me since I forgot to tell them I use dynabeads.  These guys are great, they even blacked out my wheel weights so they are harder to spot on my black wheels.  I figured that I would at least end up paying for the tires to be balanced, but Trent the service manager said he was sorry for the problems and that I didn't owe a dime.  Stahlman is a great dealer, and even though there was a small problem and I don't have TPMS right now, I will take that when the dealer goes out of their way to make sure I am a satisfied customer.

Offline Pynikal

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 09:37:48 AM »
its good to hear that they are taking care of you JD!

Offline Skins

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 02:28:34 PM »
Just to clarify... they replaced your TPS under warranty due to the false LOW BATTERY indication?

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 06:06:31 PM »
Just to clarify... they replaced your TPS under warranty due to the false LOW BATTERY indication?

False?  I had a low battery indicated especially when cool or cold out.  They didn't even check my display to see the message.  They took my word for it and Kawi approved the R&R of the original sensors.

It doesn't really bother me that they aren't working, I will just be checking pressure a couple more times a week.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 12:07:25 PM »
I went in to Stahlman's today and they got my TPS working.  They had their computer hooked to the wrong ecu last time I had it in there, so everything is well again with my C14.  Satisfied customer!