Author Topic: Howdy Y'all  (Read 14183 times)

Offline 1 wheel peel

Howdy Y'all
« on: December 10, 2012, 05:44:24 PM »
Greetings from East Texas!  New to the Big K family, always owned Yamaha, Suzuki and Honda.  Traded my FJR plus cash for this `09.  It was bought new from the dealer in June 2011 by a 62 y/o who did not get to enjoy it much.  I got it last Wed and have only managed about a hundred miles so far.

Been lurking about for a couple of months gathering info here and on other Kawi forums.  Saved my "official newbi post" till I picked one up.  I've gained a lot of info here, hope to be able to add some back in the future.

My wife and sons all ride as well so that makes for some good family time.

On a short outing last Sunday.

Offline scooter

Re: Howdy Y'all
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 06:03:17 PM »
congrats looks like you found a clean one owner,you will love it

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 06:03:31 PM »
Purdy bike ya got 'dere 1 wheel. Welcome......

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 06:12:45 PM »
Nice scooter. Man, I love mine! I grin like an idiot when I just look at it.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 07:56:14 PM »
Congrats and welcome 1WP!  :chugbeer:

Now please lose that massive potato launcher...  :)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 08:05:32 PM »
Welcome!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline shreveportSS

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 08:12:31 PM »
Welcome.
2011 Concours 14
2011 ZX1000GBF Ninja. Died Dec. 1st, 2012
2012 ZX1000HBF Ninja.

Offline eng943

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 08:45:26 PM »
Congrats, love that color.
2017 C14 - AST Risers / Peg Lowering kit / mccruise /Garmin 595/Shoodaben MR / Area P / Kawi Touring Seat.
Second Bike 2017 BMW R12R

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 08:59:04 PM »
Congrats and welcome 1WP!  :chugbeer:

Now please lose that massive potato launcher...  :)

Don't listen to ZG... the stock muffler is just fine.  And don't start painting the bike black, either!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 09:38:07 PM »
Don't listen to ZG... the stock muffler is just fine.  And don't start painting the bike black, either!

:battle:

Offline kwakrider

• Black- 2009
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 10:17:28 PM »
Welcome!  :)

Offline mvjr1904

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 01:30:02 AM »
Welcome!!  Don't let your riding partners test out your Connie.  1 - you might not get it back, or 2 - you'll be looking at getting 2 more Connie's
2011 Silver C14 - Fastest
2002 Silver C10 - Fast
1994 Black FXDWG (because it didn't come in Silver)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 04:40:55 AM »

Welcome One!

Max like's 'em big you know...
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 06:58:42 AM »
Keeping the stock muffler is like 'Taking One For The Team'.  :stirpot:

And black is faster.... nuff said  ;D

Offline ljcorby

• COG#: 9359
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2012, 07:01:39 AM »
Welcome out.  Nice bike.  Enjoy.
10 Kawi Concours 14 ABS

Offline 1 wheel peel

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 09:35:27 AM »
Thanks for the kind words folks, and you to Gumby...... that's not a team I want to be a member of !!! :o

I was actually able to pick up an `06 ZX14 header that was pulled at 500 miles the same day I picked up the bike.  So I'm workin on it guys. ;D  I have enough in my garage that are loud this one will remain quiet at least for now.  I also picked up a pretty rough pair of stock ZX cans for free (I know heavy , cats and restricted, thats ok, that's what I want) that will alow me to get things fitted.  I'm in the market for some undented/unscratched ones.

Also if anyone knows of a thread that is still functional regarding the installation of the stock ZX cans please post a link.  Some say the left mid pipe must be bent to use the center stand, some say it dosn't.  I have read a lot of opinions about what it takes but have yet to find a thread on the stockers being installed, seems like they were all lost at the other site or have been erased.  Lots of info on after market slipons.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2012, 09:51:28 AM »

:yikes:

Is there a guy under her??

Offline Conrad

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2012, 10:08:14 AM »
Keeping the stock muffler is like 'Taking One For The Team'.  :stirpot:

And black is faster.... nuff said  ;D

:yikes:

Is there a guy under her??

Not for long, I think that she's eating him, starting with his face.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline kawacop1642

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2012, 12:58:52 PM »
Welcome!
  Great bike. Loads of fun. You'll love every minute on it.

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2012, 01:50:30 PM »
Thanks for the kind words folks, and you to Gumby...... that's not a team I want to be a member of !!! :o

I was actually able to pick up an `06 ZX14 header that was pulled at 500 miles the same day I picked up the bike.  So I'm workin on it guys. ;D  I have enough in my garage that are loud this one will remain quiet at least for now.  I also picked up a pretty rough pair of stock ZX cans for free (I know heavy , cats and restricted, thats ok, that's what I want) that will alow me to get things fitted.  I'm in the market for some undented/unscratched ones.

Also if anyone knows of a thread that is still functional regarding the installation of the stock ZX cans please post a link.  Some say the left mid pipe must be bent to use the center stand, some say it dosn't.  I have read a lot of opinions about what it takes but have yet to find a thread on the stockers being installed, seems like they were all lost at the other site or have been erased.  Lots of info on after market slipons.

Welcome!

The pad on the center stand doesn't clear the left side mid pipe, so you need to make changes for things to fit.  You can just extend the arm of the center stand around the pipe (what I did), remove the center stand (I would not), or buy a custom (like Muzzy's) modified center stand.

There's also no left side muffler mount location, so that requires a fix.  Many go with the Muzzy's left bracket, so it looks (mostly) factory.   I didn't...

And as for the pic Gumby posted, there just isn't enough alcohol to even consider joining that team.   :yikes:
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250