Author Topic: does anyone have led accent lighting on their connie.  (Read 7989 times)

Offline Zfood

• I like cheese.
Re: does anyone have led accent lighting on their connie.
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2014, 09:32:42 AM »
Typically red and blue are a no go. AR, like many states, have a blue light law restricting blue lights for LEO only. Red is allowed for Fire and EMS and oranges reserved for utility. However each state varies. OK allows all the above on every vehicle (blue lights on a tow truck, orange on OK highway patrol)

As a LEO I enforce it when it becomes a distraction. Strobes are a no go. Underbody lights that can be viewed directly are also no bueno. If you see only the glow, youre okay.
Red to the front and white to the rear violates DOT and present a safety hazard to other drivers.
Every state, county/parish and city varies. Know the laws and know the aggressiveness of your area law enforcement.

As for visibilty I have a simple motto. It doesnt matter what you wear when a driver's head is in a certain place all they see is brown.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2014, 09:51:47 AM »
 :rotflmao:   Yeah, I expect that everyone is out to kill me when I'm on the bike.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

elp_jc

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2015, 04:30:52 PM »
As for visibilty I have a simple motto. It doesnt matter what you wear when a driver's head is in a certain place all they see is brown.
A very nice way to put it ;D. And more and more drivers have their heads in that 'certain place' than we think, even with texting illegal in most states. That's why I just don't use the bike in the city, and even less in rush-hour traffic. Happy new year folks.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2015, 11:58:46 PM »
This must be the spot !!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: