Author Topic: center stand mod  (Read 2160 times)

Offline Ron Moss

center stand mod
« on: June 11, 2012, 11:31:57 AM »
I had a thought. ( scary I know) Often in my travels with my wife on my Concours we will stop/stay in places where it is hard to get the bike up on the center stand. I have thought about adapting (welding) a center stand with a lever on the right side so that the passenger could assist with putting the bike up on the center stand. What do you think, Ideas, commits ??

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
Re: center stand mod
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 01:38:57 PM »
That way you can share equal blame when it falls over while attempting to get it on the stand.  Just have the other person pull rearward by both of the grab bars when you are putting it up on the stand with no side to side motion - that helps greatly.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline Uded2me

This forum is dead dead dead
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 03:00:30 PM »
d e a d
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 09:21:34 PM by knight_mare »

Offline works4me

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 05:53:32 PM »
I think it would be easier to just shorten the
center stand about 3/4".

Offline Ron Moss

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 06:36:26 PM »
Is your wife about the same age as you, as posted in your profile?  Please don't do this.  About the only way for another person to help get the bike on the center stand is to pull the grab bars rearward, and I'd be fearful that person would end up on her backside.
The Connie doesn't mind spending an occasional night on the side stand.
The wife is 6 years younger than I am. We're both as healthy and strong as people much younger. Wife still works full time, I'm retired. We've spent the last 3 years clearing 5 acres and rebuilding an old farm house. All work done by our self.
Next project  building a barn.  69 and 60 years young.

Offline JDM

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 08:49:36 PM »
I think it would be easier to just shorten the
center stand about 3/4".

Take a look this is what I did.
If you have seen heaven, I am sure something scared the hell out of you.

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 03:22:03 PM »
Or just get an oversized tire. I had that with my Shinko and I could put it on the centerstand no problem in my bare feet... ok, it took a little effort only because I don't have callouses on my feet.