Author Topic: Motorcycle Touring Bible??  (Read 5584 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Motorcycle Touring Bible??
« on: June 04, 2011, 09:23:52 PM »
I just picked up this book this afternoon at Barnes & Nobble, it's written by Fred Rau, anyone on here read it??

We fly out tomorrow morning for Maui for the week (our 20 year anniversary), this will be my plane read and also for just relaxing throughout the week, there's a couple shots of the C14 in it...

Offline So Cal Joe

Re: Motorcycle Touring Bible??
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 08:01:54 AM »
Fred usually writes some real good stuff. Let us know how you like it and if it's worth picking up a copy.

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 03:56:01 PM »
Aloha from Maui!

Yes, this is a great book and I recomend it, lot's of different aspects he covers and tons of pics too. A good read IMO.  :thumbs:

I haven't seen any sport bikes or sport touring bikes here yet, about a dozen Harleys but that's it...

Oh and by the way, here's the view from our room here, this place will keep anyone from logging too much time on the forum during the week, even me...  8)

Have fun working guys!!  ;)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 04:20:40 PM »
Thanks for the pic. I definitely recognize a sunset from Kaanapali beach going down between Lanai and Molokai.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 06:32:46 PM »
Thanks for the pic. I definitely recognize a sunset from Kaanapali beach going down between Lanai and Molokai.

Wow, that's a good eye Rhino!  :thumbs:

Yep, we're staying at the Westin Kaanapali in the beach tower, I love this place man, we wake up and go snorkel every morning at Black Rock before breakfast, good times...  8)

Added a couple more pics for you guys, just to rub it in while you're all working...  ;)

« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 07:33:40 PM by ZG »

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 08:19:17 AM »
Consider it rubbed in! I love Kaanapali and have spent many hours snorkeling around black rock. If you go around the point and dive down a bit you will always see turtles. I have also stayed at the Westin tower as well as the Sheraton at Black Rock. Have a burger and a lava flow at Cheeseburger in Paradise in Lahina, you wont regret it.

Offline okxd45

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 12:01:37 PM »
Yep......don't know you very well yet, but I now officially hate you.  ;)
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline Mettler1

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 01:06:51 PM »
Yep......don't know you very well yet, but I now officially hate you.  ;)

ME TOO!!! >:(
'94 Concours 112,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,Torque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators,etc

Offline alexx45

• 2009 Black C14
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 03:26:26 PM »
ME TOO!!! >:(

Yep you can add me to that list. ;)
Life is good.... At least from my perspective.
2009 Concours 14
2005 Suzuki Bandit

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 05:54:23 PM »
Tough crowd, nobody is feeling sorry for me being without my Connie for a week though huh...

It's all good brothers, it really is paradise here, I can't blame ya...  :grouphug:   ;)   

Aloha and Mahalo!  8)

Excavator

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 06:10:20 PM »
Congrats on the trip, you two look young to be having a 20th. have fun and thanks for the tip on the book.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 06:24:36 PM »
Congrats on the trip, you two look young to be having a 20th. have fun and thanks for the tip on the book.

Thanks E!

I just told my wife your comment and she said you're her new favorite from this forum...  ;D

We married at 21, and just clean living ever since then brother, having bikes keeps ya young too.  8)

Oh, and the book, yes you guys should pick up a copy, I'm glad I did.  :thumbs:

Offline okxd45

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 11:18:02 AM »
No seriously congrats on the anniversary and I second you guys looking great for your age!  I was TDY (Air National Gurad) to Guam with about a 4 day layover in Hawaii so I can't complain.  Both islands were amazing.......just looking foward to going back to Hawaii with the wife!
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline CrashKLRtoConnie

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 12:21:15 PM »
I recall scuba(ing) with the GF (now wife) around black rock. Also drove around the island in a rental caddy.

The party people use to jump off black rock into the water near their boat (for pick up).

Aloha
2008 C14 GTR1400 AKA "Connie"

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 12:25:57 PM »
I recall scuba(ing) with the GF (now wife) around black rock. Also drove around the island in a rental caddy.

The party people use to jump off black rock into the water near their boat (for pick up).

Aloha

Yep, folks still do jump off black rock, you can now add me to that list now too, I did it yesterday!  ;D

The biggest pain is getting up to the jumping point without shoes though, ouch!  :'(  But well worth it, it seems much higher when you're up there than it looks from down below...  :o

Well, I'm off to go hit the breakfast buffet and get ready for another lazy day on the beach and around the pool, good times...  :P

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 02:37:27 PM »
Well, I'm off to go hit the breakfast buffet and get ready for another lazy day on the beach and around the pool, good times...  :P

Oh man! Now that's REALLY rubbing it in!

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2011, 08:36:11 PM »
Our freebie Westin pic for ya...  8)   ;D   ;)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2011, 12:16:05 AM »
A couple last shots for you guys from our balcony, we fly back to the real world tomorrow...  :'(

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2011, 08:34:43 AM »
Once again thanks for the pics. I'm living vicariously through you this week ;D