Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 860457 times)

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #2820 on: September 11, 2017, 06:09:22 PM »
Pinned the rear bags with 3/16" S/S pins.  I was getting worried that If I hit a good bump with a 30 pack in the bag, it might fall off and I would loose all that beer ... oh ya ... and damage the bag.
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline Tree

• 21 Year Submarine Veteran - GO NAVY!
« Reply #2821 on: September 12, 2017, 03:42:57 AM »
Pinned the rear bags with 3/16" S/S pins.  I was getting worried that If I hit a good bump with a 30 pack in the bag, it might fall off and I would loose all that beer ... oh ya ... and damage the bag.

The horror!

Offline mikeeitup

« Reply #2822 on: September 14, 2017, 08:36:47 PM »
Finally got around to changing the clutch plates. The owner before me tracked this bike heavily so it was due. I added +10% springs and a magnetic oil drain plug. The new clutch feels so good!
Mike

« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 01:13:49 PM by mikeeitup »
~Mike~
~2012 Black Connie~

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2823 on: September 14, 2017, 11:30:04 PM »
Finally got around to changing the clutch plates. The owner before me tracked this bike heavily so it was due. I added +10% springs and a magnetic oil drain plug. The new clutch feels so good!

Cool!

(All your links are broken, however.  You can upload photos directly to zggtr.org )
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline AZ-ZG

« Reply #2824 on: September 16, 2017, 06:09:37 PM »

I'd prefer to watch a church burn vs. think of all that spilled beer!!!    ;D 
I live. I ride. I am. ZG14 
IBA#53928

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2825 on: September 16, 2017, 06:48:09 PM »
What denomination?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2826 on: September 17, 2017, 09:49:01 AM »
>"What did you do to your Concours today?"

Flipped 30K miles!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #2827 on: September 18, 2017, 07:41:35 AM »
I took a day off from Honey-doo's and went for a ride!!
Great day!!

Ride safe, Ted

Offline banditrider

• Two wheels are all you need!
    • Off for a ride
« Reply #2828 on: September 18, 2017, 01:04:50 PM »
Oil at both ends, oil and air filter and finally plugs.  Hate doing the plugs...
'08 Concours 14: Rad guard, Stebel, Oxford Hot grips, Projekt D Screen, Hugger, GPS mount, helmet locks & fender extender, Zumo 550, Stebel, Phil's rack & Givi V46, Sheepskin seat cover, Phillips Extreme vision +100 bulbs.

Offline mikeeitup

« Reply #2829 on: September 18, 2017, 01:15:28 PM »
Cool!

(All your links are broken, however.  You can upload photos directly to zggtr.org )

Fixed it! Somehow the first time I tried it didn't wanna work so I used photobucket but now it works so all good!
Mike
~Mike~
~2012 Black Connie~

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2830 on: September 18, 2017, 03:47:34 PM »
Fixed it! Somehow the first time I tried it didn't wanna work so I used photobucket but now it works so all good!
Mike

Even more kewl, because now they are "permanent".  So you can actually find different weight springs that will fit our transmission?  That seems surprising.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2831 on: September 18, 2017, 05:57:52 PM »
Is the zx trans different than the c14?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2832 on: September 18, 2017, 06:49:08 PM »
Is the zx trans different than the c14?

As a unit, absolutely.  The C14 is geared differently if nothing else- tuned for more comfort, convenience, economic operation, and reliability (just like the engine).  But as a collection of parts, I am sure they share many.  I have no idea which ones, however.

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #2833 on: September 19, 2017, 12:43:54 AM »
Added switchback DRLs, and JDM Astar LED 8th gen. H4 headlights. 
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline jonathan

« Reply #2834 on: September 19, 2017, 10:10:27 AM »
Replaced the 2025 battery [cell] in the active transponder fob.  Considering how big/thick the active fob is, it is strange/annoying they didn't use a more standard 2032- that would probably last 3 years and yet add almost nothing to the weight or size.  Oh well

The 2032 will fit.

Offline mikeeitup

« Reply #2835 on: September 19, 2017, 01:43:23 PM »
Even more kewl, because now they are "permanent".  So you can actually find different weight springs that will fit our transmission?  That seems surprising.

Yessir

http://www.motosport.com/product/?style=EBC0003-X001-Y029&code=EM-M-TR-ORDER-CONFIRMATION&utm_campaign=Email&utm_source=MCCM&utm_medium=Email&cmp_id=EM_motosport_DDM54-2_M1
~Mike~
~2012 Black Connie~

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2836 on: September 19, 2017, 03:06:35 PM »
The 2032 will fit.

Interesting.  Maybe I should have tried to cram one in.  Oh well, too late now.  Even bought a two-pack.  Perhaps I will remember to revisit the issue in 4 years :)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2837 on: September 19, 2017, 03:14:04 PM »
Yessir

http://www.motosport.com/product/?style=EBC0003-X001-Y029&code=EM-M-TR-ORDER-CONFIRMATION&utm_campaign=Email&utm_source=MCCM&utm_medium=Email&cmp_id=EM_motosport_DDM54-2_M1

The direct link didn't work, perhaps this one will:

http://www.motosport.com/product?cmp_id=EM_motosport_DDM54-2_M1&code=EM-M-TR-ORDER-CONFIRMATION&mmy=kawasaki%3Bconcours-a%3B2011&mmy_source=pdp&style=EBC0003-X001-Y029&utm_campaign=Email&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=MCCM

Item #EBC0003    Manufacturer part number: CSK23

I see, they don't have different weights, they just have one part (for any one bike) and all their springs are "10% stiffer".  I played around with bikes and it always says EBC0003, even for the EX250 :)  But the manufacturer part number changes on each, even between the ZX14 and the C14, so I can't tell if they are the same or not.  Oh well.

Offline mikeeitup

« Reply #2838 on: September 20, 2017, 03:04:12 PM »
Today, I added the Denali compact Sound Bomb and I'm happy with the results. I modified the horn bracket and mounted it there so the horn is still facing forward and out (didn't like the bracket you could buy to mount it facing the wrong way). We'll see if there are any issues at all and how long this thing lasts.
Mike
~Mike~
~2012 Black Connie~

Offline mikeeitup

« Reply #2839 on: September 23, 2017, 10:14:32 AM »
Today, I finally finished the install of a Innovv C5 Motorcycle dashcam system. Very nice, small camera with a long cord and power cable that goes to a small, simple DVR that you can hide away. They make another, more expensive K1 system as well but I wanted the C5. Pictures to follow on this post once I get motived to take 'em.
Mike
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 07:12:04 PM by mikeeitup »
~Mike~
~2012 Black Connie~