Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853528 times)

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #2880 on: October 13, 2017, 07:35:41 AM »
I really like that Classic look too. May look at a gently used Wing, anxious to see what the new one will look like.  The new Venture is also interesting.  Nothing inexpensive though.

Offline mikeeitup

« Reply #2881 on: October 13, 2017, 10:20:41 AM »
This is my young BUT kinda sorta responsible bike. My retirement bike is gonna be a 'Wing F6B unless they make something better. Love that bike too. Just love the power and rawness but the comfort of the C14 for now.
Mike
~Mike~
~2012 Black Connie~

Offline mikeeitup

« Reply #2882 on: October 13, 2017, 04:28:46 PM »
Today, I slowly followed my mom around on her Honda Shadow Aero 750 on the back roads so she could learn and get comfier on her bike. My poor C14 wanted to go fast so bad. It kicked on the cooling fans so many times it was shameful but mom is learning! Also, I installed MC cages on her bike too!
Mike
~Mike~
~2012 Black Connie~

Offline Impster

« Reply #2883 on: October 13, 2017, 09:35:16 PM »
I installed an electronic flasher relay and LEDs in each indicator and city lights. Bought them all from superbrightleds.com for $45

I'm very pleased with the output from them. Hurts my eyes looking right at them from several paces away.

They better last a good while, getting the front ones out was a pain in the rear!
----
2016 Concourse 14 (Black), Corbin seat, Murph's risers, T-Rex lowering links and kickstand

Offline mikeeitup

« Reply #2884 on: October 17, 2017, 05:18:52 PM »
Today, yet another mod. HVMP heavy bar ends. Off come the Throttlemiesters. It just didn't cut it for me. Those will be up for sale soon. The HVMP are only "slightly" larger and heavier. HAH! I like them though!
Mike
~Mike~
~2012 Black Connie~

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2885 on: October 17, 2017, 06:02:36 PM »
Today, yet another mod. HVMP heavy bar ends. Off come the Throttlemiesters. It just didn't cut it for me. Those will be up for sale soon. The HVMP are only "slightly" larger and heavier. HAH! I like them though!
Mike

LOL, "slightly"
I don't find the bars to be very vibration prone on the C14, but let us know if you detect anything different...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Gigantor

• I often regretted my speech, but never my silence.
« Reply #2886 on: October 31, 2017, 12:12:34 AM »
I changed my oil today with Mobil 1 4T 10W40. the cold startup engine noise has disappeared. Mobil 1 from now on

2014 Concours 14 ABS Metallic Spark Black
 Xpel Custom Bra kit, SOCALMOTOGEAR HID system, Philip Luggage Rack, Projekt D Radiator Guard, Carbon Fiber Rear Hugger, Mini Euro Sport Shield, Kaw Tour Seat, HF80/2 Horn, RG Frame Sliders, PR4

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2887 on: November 09, 2017, 04:41:10 AM »
Took her for a LONG ride yesterday. Sunny and 37, a beautiful day!

Came home cleaned her up and changed the oils. Sadly it's time to put Connie away for her long winters nap, she's covered up in the garage waiting for the warm weather to return. Tonight's forecast calls for a low of 9 degrees!    :_shudder_Emoticon

For the first time I'm using Castrol 10W-40 Synthetic 4T instead of Mobil 1 10W-40 4T. I won't find out how well she does with the new oil for a few months.    :(
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2888 on: November 09, 2017, 09:16:01 AM »
Why the change?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
« Reply #2889 on: November 09, 2017, 09:47:19 PM »
T

For the first time I'm using Castrol 10W-40 Synthetic 4T instead of Mobil 1 10W-40 4T. I won't find out how well she does with the new oil for a few months.    :(

I've been running Castrol "Activo" 10W40 in my last 4 bikes, and haven't looked back.
It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2890 on: November 10, 2017, 04:07:43 AM »
Why the change?

Well, I know that Castrol is good stuff and I read some comments about this oil from a couple of folks here. Plus Amazon had a great price on the 4t, so...

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2891 on: November 10, 2017, 05:41:02 AM »
 :thumbs:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2892 on: November 10, 2017, 07:31:56 AM »
Well, I know that Castrol is good stuff and I read some comments about this oil from a couple of folks here. Plus Amazon had a great price on the 4t, so...

+1 Last time I saw that deal on Amazon I bought enough for 4 oil changes. Using Castrol 4T 10W-50 in my Multistrada.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2893 on: November 10, 2017, 07:41:29 AM »
Oil thread!!! :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #2894 on: November 13, 2017, 07:35:13 AM »
I recently installed a C-14 shock and Norm Soucy Lowering rocker on my C-10.
Yesterday, I removed the Progressive springs, reinstalled the original fork spring's, and set spring sag on both ends of the bike.

Ride safe, Ted

« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 11:40:15 AM by connie_rider »

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2895 on: November 13, 2017, 10:38:18 AM »
Commuted 20+ miles to work. Somewhat brisk at 43 F., but doable.  :D

The grip warmers worked very well.
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2896 on: November 13, 2017, 03:57:44 PM »
Commuted 20+ miles to work. Somewhat brisk at 43 F., but doable.  :D

I have to use large windscreen with topper, chaps, jacket liner, and heated vest for those temps.  Low 40's is about as low as I can go and get any kind of comfort with the gear I have.  30's sucks :)  My legs start to freeze.

The grip warmers worked very well.

Indeed they do

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2897 on: November 14, 2017, 03:50:02 AM »
I already had my bike 'put up' for the winter when I decided to remove the battery so that I could bring it inside the house.

I'm really glad that I did because that was a HUGE mouse nest behind the battery. The lil bugger had a very good supply of what looked like bird seed and a nice nest made from my garage insulation. No longer. Instead it will find a block of poison where it's nest used to be. Bon Appétit!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 07:56:17 AM by Conrad »

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2898 on: November 14, 2017, 05:52:21 AM »
Poor mousey :(

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2899 on: November 14, 2017, 07:58:12 AM »
I know Max. I really hate using poison, as opposed to traps, but I can't have mice chewing up my vehicles.