Author Topic: NW Arkansas  (Read 7209 times)

Offline Cold Streak

NW Arkansas
« on: January 16, 2017, 10:16:09 AM »
I am looking for a campground in NW Arkansas that has great amenities and a place to park a toy hauler.  It would be nice if they had a whirlpool and allowed campfires.  Anyone have experience in this area?

We are taking the toy hauler to the MotoGP in TX from MN in April.  On the way back we plan to ride in NW Arkansas. 

Any help finding a camp is greatly appreciated.

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
Re: NW Arkansas
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 11:09:49 AM »
We stopped at the KOA (west?) in Little Rock when passing through to the Cortez rally a couple of years ago. NOT a place for a big rig. Lots of trees close to the (short) sites. Good luck.
2014 C-14 Red

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 07:41:07 AM »
Thanks Ron.  I was actually looking at that one because it had everything else we needed/wanted.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 01:57:49 PM »
I'll definitely be at MotoGP again this year! Maybe we should organize a zggtr.org meet up and have a beer!

Offline feelergaugephil

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 12:37:32 AM »
Ok, I stay at a town called "Fifty Six"  which is in the middle of nowhere so to speak.
Cabins are awesome, I believe $90 a night, yes fires are allowed,  and AMAZING roads around there too.
I take the Connie and my SXS, we ride the beautiful clear creeks on the SXS and go ride the Connie all over,  Its just south of Harrison (35 miles or so)  also catch Hwy 7,   
Its a dry county, but theres a store about 6 miles from the cabins that sell beer.
And a MUST, which is about 8 miles from the cabin..... Push Mountain Road, oh yes, I believe its Hwy 321,  hope you got Pilot 4s,  you'll see why, let me know if you need anymore info.
Blanchard Caverns is also a great place to see in this town.
Phil.

6322 Highway 14
Fiftysix, Arkansas
Highlights info row image
(870) 757-2471
Dont take my LOW post count as being a new Connie owner, I have been with the "other site" before it imploded........

13 Connie dressed in blue

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 07:59:09 AM »
I'll definitely be at MotoGP again this year! Maybe we should organize a zggtr.org meet up and have a beer!

Sounds good to me.  We'll be in the campground at the track Th to M.

Thanks for the info feelergaugephil.  I'll check it out.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 08:00:22 AM »
I just love it down there. As long as you obey the speed in towns, the other stuff is pretty much open. Be careful if you're not used to twisties like these.  8)
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 08:45:09 AM »
Be careful if you're not used to twisties like these.

Appreciate the caution.  I've ridden plenty of twisties in my time, including the "Dragon" and many roads in CO, WY and MT.  Bear Tooth Pass and Chief Joseph highway were a blast.  On the other hand, I'm 62 and don't feel like playing boy racer any longer.  I don't think I'll hold anyone up, very much, but hopefully I don't get caught behind a cruiser parade or an RV when I hit the fun stuff.    >:( 

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 10:58:51 AM »
Appreciate the caution.  I've ridden plenty of twisties in my time, including the "Dragon" and many roads in CO, WY and MT.  Bear Tooth Pass and Chief Joseph highway were a blast.  On the other hand, I'm 62 and don't feel like playing boy racer any longer.  I don't think I'll hold anyone up, very much, but hopefully I don't get caught behind a cruiser parade or an RV when I hit the fun stuff.    >:(
Right on! 8)
Arkansas is usually pretty dead during the week. And race fans don't ride pirate ships. 8)

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 12:58:11 PM »
Ok, I stay at a town called "Fifty Six"  which is in the middle of nowhere so to speak.
Cabins are awesome, I believe $90 a night, yes fires are allowed,  and AMAZING roads around there too.
I take the Connie and my SXS, we ride the beautiful clear creeks on the SXS and go ride the Connie all over,  Its just south of Harrison (35 miles or so)  also catch Hwy 7,   
Its a dry county, but theres a store about 6 miles from the cabins that sell beer.
And a MUST, which is about 8 miles from the cabin..... Push Mountain Road, oh yes, I believe its Hwy 321,  hope you got Pilot 4s,  you'll see why, let me know if you need anymore info.
Phil.

6322 Highway 14
Fiftysix, Arkansas
(870) 757-2471

+1! Agree with all this! Very nice area. Great roads, great scenery. Push mountain's a MUST RIDE!
2011 C14 ABS black w/red/yellow, B.D.F lofuel W.E.,SSD h/g's,
2" setback risers, Phil's wedges/rear rack,K Gel-seat, Rostra CC, AST tourpegs, techspec, 2"droppegs, 4"droppass pegs, Fuzeblock,  7"Garmin, fenda ext, LED tag plate, Ip5S Ram mt, TMeister, Mirror LED t/s, Bestem TBox, CB HDUT w/s, TRex front/CC bag, Wolo Badboy, Tailbrights, Scala G9X, Scorpion EXO1200 Jag, PR4GT's55's, 55W Qz Dr

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 05:01:24 PM »
[/URL][/img]

This is on the lower fairing of my ZX14R. 8)

Offline feelergaugephil

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2017, 01:06:52 AM »
LOL, where you get that! I need one......
Dont take my LOW post count as being a new Connie owner, I have been with the "other site" before it imploded........

13 Connie dressed in blue

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2017, 08:03:56 AM »
LOL, where you get that! I need one......
Well, since you asked, I found it stuck to the back of the 341 sign, at the end of the road. I searched and found it's a sticker made by the ZXROA guys... Finders Keepers, bitches!

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2017, 07:58:09 AM »
Just for a quick wrap up.  We stayed at the Wanderlust RV Resort in Eureka Springs.  Very nice people and a nice campground.  The roads are as advertised.  We are definitely going back.  Very fun and very curvy, or is that redundant?  We only got to ride two days because of the weather, but were exhausted after each of those days, spending 8 hours in the saddle battling curves is much more tiring than droning along for 8 hours on straight freeways.  If you have a chance, go.

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2017, 11:40:28 AM »
Phil.

6322 Highway 14
Fiftysix, Arkansas
(870) 757-2471

A HUGE +1 to this. Especially to Hwy 341, both directions.
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline Ghost Rider 2

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2017, 07:32:53 PM »
Push mountain is fun road for sure.  But 123 Jasper to Mount Judea is challenging to say the least, I think the best ride in Arkansas `16 and 21 in the center of state also great rides.  Oark General store for lunch is fantastic.  Just ride to it from the west of from the south.  Other routes turn into gravel. 7 and 23 are good to and from but I call the  tourist roads. There are a lot of locals there that ride Goldwings and can tell you or show you some great routes.