Author Topic: Thank You  (Read 1442 times)

Offline Tree

• 21 Year Submarine Veteran - GO NAVY!
Thank You
« on: December 03, 2017, 11:41:17 AM »
I have learned a lot from this forum about my Concours - from you guys (You know who you are).  The newbie questions can be annoying as hell but I have found that you guys are more patient than I could have hoped.  Thank you for all of the help.  8)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Thank You
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 12:57:17 PM »
:)

This forum is worth so very much more than we pay for!   Seriously- it's the best.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 04:24:28 PM »
You should have been around here back in '07 when a whole bunch of us (read: all of us) were stumbling around trying to figure out how this thing worked, what made it [not work] and so forth. Honestly, it was a great experience for me 'cause there were quite a few like- minded folks who liked to tinker and were willing to take some risk in trying different things; in the olden' days, there was a lot o' cuttin' into wiring harnesses on these bikes with questionable outcomes. Sometimes, questionable intentions too. :-)  Almost like a crash- course in a large number of people all learning small parts and the overall group trying to tie everything together. I think it was something like 3+ years before 'we' had a pretty good handle on the whole KiPass thing but far longer for the nuances to eek their way out.

As far as 'tolerate the newbie', well my own opinion is the opposite: I would become indignant with any who would be INTOLERANT of newbies simply because we were all newbies at everything at one time, and we remain newbies at the great majority of things all the way through life. Seriously. Think about it: no matter how much a person has learned, there are always far more things out there that one is just not experienced with. For example, I have been inside my fair share of engines but I have never done any internal, external work and especially have never done a rebuild on a radial engine. So while having a lot of knowledge in some, extremely limited areas, my global knowledge remains pretty poor.

Glad to hear you had a positive experience here- sharing knowledge is the goal after all, except for those few who insist on trying to jam humor into every place possible (Easy Boys!) and they are just annoying but what can one do?

I hope you are not bailing out or anything though.... I would like to hear how your unfortunate experience turns out (hopefully it will not be so negative after you get to the end).

Brian

I have learned a lot from this forum about my Concours - from you guys (You know who you are).  The newbie questions can be annoying as hell but I have found that you guys are more patient than I could have hoped.  Thank you for all of the help.  8)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Tree

• 21 Year Submarine Veteran - GO NAVY!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 10:26:47 AM »
I'm not bailing.  I just wanted to say thanks.  Maybe I'm just getting prepared for the next round of silliness when I decide to do something dumb again.  Ya know?  Kind of like saying "Sorry I'm such an idiot" prior to doing something idiotic.   ;D

My Modus Operandi, so to speak.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 08:05:10 PM »
You aren't alone.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 09:59:23 PM »
I'm not bailing.  I just wanted to say thanks.  Maybe I'm just getting prepared for the next round of silliness when I decide to do something dumb again.  Ya know?  Kind of like saying "Sorry I'm such an idiot" prior to doing something idiotic.   ;D

My Modus Operandi, so to speak.

I second that motion...... thanks everyone....
It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14