Author Topic: Father makes bullying son run to school  (Read 2266 times)

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
Father makes bullying son run to school
« on: March 06, 2018, 01:29:17 AM »
This kid only lives a mile from school and catches the bus? Geez, he should be walking every day ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbm6URH5bQo
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline Conrad

Re: Father makes bullying son run to school
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 04:19:12 AM »
I don't get it. It seems that kids can't be expected to walk anywhere anymore.

I live in a small town of under 600 people. The town has a kindergarten through 8th grade school. When my sons attended school there they walked or rode their bikes as we live about 4 blocks from the school. A few years ago the town insisted that we all needed sidewalks so that the kids can walk to school safely. Ok, I'll buy that, I guess. Not like there's that much traffic but whatever. So they received a partial grant from the state for the sidewalks. BUT, nearly all the kids in town ride the school bus!!! Even kids that live two blocks from the school ride the damn bus. WTF?   :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 07:46:05 AM »
When I was in school, I walked 20 miles, uphill both ways, in the snow, at night, with no shoes, carrying 45 pounds of books, and on the way I had to kill and skin a squirrel or opossum for my lunch each day, then do 16 hours of chores every evening before finishing my homework, milking the cows and herding the cattle.

But we didn't seem to have quite so many child molesters and serial killers back then as now.  Except for Ted Bundy, he lived around here and killed one of my high school classmates.

But you're right, kids expect to be driven everywhere, nobody walks anymore, and I never even see kids on bicycles.  We rode our bikes all over the place.  But we didn't have to surf the phone and text every two minutes back then, either.

Times change.
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 08:02:32 AM »
When I was in school, I walked 20 miles, uphill both ways, in the snow, at night, with no shoes, carrying 45 pounds of books, and on the way I had to kill and skin a squirrel or opossum for my lunch each day, then do 16 hours of chores every evening before finishing my homework, milking the cows and herding the cattle.

But we didn't seem to have quite so many child molesters and serial killers back then as now.  Except for Ted Bundy, he lived around here and killed one of my high school classmates.

But you're right, kids expect to be driven everywhere, nobody walks anymore, and I never even see kids on bicycles.  We rode our bikes all over the place.  But we didn't have to surf the phone and text every two minutes back then, either.

Times change.

Dang! You mean to tell me that you couldn't fashion some shoes out of all those animals skins while on the way to school?    ;)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline O.C.

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 08:05:49 AM »
School.....what's school  ;D 
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline FTB530

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 11:35:22 AM »

Times change.

I don’t know what you consider as “ back then” but 45 years ago two of my class mate/friends were kidnapped and murdered, I think it has been bad forever ,you just didn’t hear about it as much because of social media, I read a book called California Snatch Racket , that book is based on cases only in California , theses crimes are nothing new!

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 12:13:38 PM »
I don’t know what you consider as “ back then” but 45 years ago two of my class mate/friends were kidnapped and murdered, I think it has been bad forever ,you just didn’t hear about it as much because of social media, I read a book called California Snatch Racket , that book is based on cases only in California , theses crimes are nothing new!

That is certainly a factor, especially in the last few decades.  The media is so starved for sensationalistic, emotive, and polarizing content to capture the views of people with increasingly smaller attention spans, they scour everything.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 01:35:02 PM »
Yeah, kids used to be tougher, smarter, etc., etc. when we were kids.

But I bet most of us on this forum, myself at the head of the pack, would be reduced to a snively, whinny mess if we broke the remote (any one of them!) to our TV's. Just like Mary Jane Tinklepants.....  So do not fool yourself(s), it is not just the kids getting softer IMO.

Of course I am still tough and could easily walk a mile..... as long as someone gave me a ride most of the way.... to the doorstep. But I could easily get out of the car all by myself with very, very little help.   ;)

Brian

This kid only lives a mile from school and catches the bus? Geez, he should be walking every day ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbm6URH5bQo
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2018, 07:14:01 AM »
Yeah, kids used to be tougher, smarter, etc., etc. when we were kids.

But I bet most of us on this forum, myself at the head of the pack, would be reduced to a snively, whinny mess if we broke the remote (any one of them!) to our TV's. Just like Mary Jane Tinklepants.....  So do not fool yourself(s), it is not just the kids getting softer IMO.

Of course I am still tough and could easily walk a mile..... as long as someone gave me a ride most of the way.... to the doorstep. But I could easily get out of the car all by myself with very, very little help.   ;)

Brian

I'll be that if you had enough of an incentive that you'd easily be able to walk a mile. Like say for TV remote batteries or the like. 

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2018, 08:04:27 AM »
I'll be that if you had enough of an incentive that you'd easily be able to walk a mile. Like say for TV remote batteries or the like.

I normally walk about 1 -1.5 miles twice a day pretty much 7 days a week
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline FTB530

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2018, 10:53:17 AM »

Times change.

When I read your first paragraph I thought you might be my dad lol, but I know better, heard that story for years until I was old enough to figure it out!

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2018, 12:24:43 PM »
I would never do that. I would walk to the phone, call my wife and see if she could 'swing by' and pick up some batteries. Should that fail, I would dial 911 and simply report the emergency that I truly had and expect some first responders to bring me some immediately. If that failed, I could report a fire, then ask the firemen / rescue personnel if they had any batteries with them and hey, I think the odds are pretty good that they would.

Another option would be to call the local Chinese restaurant that delivers: I would order Wonton soup, a PuPu platter for two, some Lo Mein and finally, some AAA batteries. So I could eat while watching TV from the comfort of my couch, then sit back and feel my butt grow. Life is good in America.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com