Author Topic: How does this even come close to happening?  (Read 2146 times)

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: How does this even come close to happening?
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 05:33:02 PM »
"helicopter violence"
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 06:44:55 PM »
A waiting period would have prevented that.

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 10:15:45 PM »
How anyone wasn’t killed in that is remarkable.
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 12:01:37 AM »
Preflight checklist:

1) Prior to starting helicopter, remove head from anus.

Back when I was an A&P mechanic, one place I worked at was at King County Airport near Seattle.  The local medi-vac helicopter company shared a hangar and ramp space with one of the TV station news choppers.  I witnesses several scenarios that came within a few feet of the same thing.  One day a news chopped came in in a hurry and almost landed on top of a medical chopper that was taxiing out with a patient onboard.  Missed by about ten feet.  One of the med chopper mechanics was taxiing one of their aircraft to their maintenance hangar, turned a corner too close and chewed the corner off a neighboring hangar with the main rotor.

The expression "$4it" happens was invented for helicopters.

A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 03:25:27 AM »
Preflight checklist:

1) Prior to starting helicopter, remove head from anus.

Back when I was an A&P mechanic, one place I worked at was at King County Airport near Seattle.  The local medi-vac helicopter company shared a hangar and ramp space with one of the TV station news choppers.  I witnesses several scenarios that came within a few feet of the same thing.  One day a news chopped came in in a hurry and almost landed on top of a medical chopper that was taxiing out with a patient onboard.  Missed by about ten feet.  One of the med chopper mechanics was taxiing one of their aircraft to their maintenance hangar, turned a corner too close and chewed the corner off a neighboring hangar with the main rotor.

The expression "$4it" happens was invented for helicopters.

I think that should be "pre landing" checklist rather than " pre takeoff"

1) Check Area Clear
2) Leave enough room
3) Land
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline Conrad

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 07:39:30 AM »
Wow! The second pilot should lose his license for being so damned stupid. Obviously, the crew prepping the chopper on the ground placed it in the wrong position and there was no room to land as normal, the pilot should have been aware of this and either waited or landed with one skid on the grass.

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2018, 11:33:58 AM »
The video would have been more complete with a NASCAR style slugfest between the pilots.  :(
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2018, 12:12:06 PM »
I think most of that will buff out.....

Look at the bright side, if it does NOT buff out, two more sales for some helicopter manufacturer. My mother always used to say "It is an ill wind that does not blow someone some good.". There should also be some added work for the people who paint the numbers on the tarmac, for the paint mgf. and supplier ('cause those numbers have to be bigger, obviously), training time for helicopter pilot instructors, helicopter maintenance people instructors, etc., etc. ad nauseum. And it all goes into the US GDP bottom line.... so I, for one, say 'Well done, Pasadena Police, for providing this unexpected and gratuitous boost to the American economy!'.

Brian

http://youtu.be/qHMhsD8OFCs
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com