Author Topic: Mouse problems  (Read 1503 times)

Offline mdurco19

Mouse problems
« on: March 17, 2018, 06:31:20 PM »
Had a mouse make its home in my bike and chewed my wires. The damage is in the three connectors
near the coolant reservoir. I had enough wires left in the connectors to re wire to the harness. My problem is the black and white stripped wires. Where do these go. I have a 2016 1400 with abs. HELP!

The connectors are blue, black and grey. The blue connector has white and black wires going to white and brown wires. The black connector has blue/white and black/ yellow connnecting to light blue  and black wires. The grey connector has green/white and black/yellow wires.

The harness has two black/ yellow wires, a yellow/ red and a blue/white wire. Then theirs another two wires from the harness that are further toward the front that seem to be white wires. Can’t tell if there’s a strip or not.

Appreciate any help.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 10:47:19 PM by mdurco19 »

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
Re: Mouse problems
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 03:45:08 PM »

Sorry to hear, dam rodents suck.    Attached is a wiring diagram (.pdf), hope it helps.

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 05:54:05 AM »
Not going to help you now but this is exactly why i put poison trays all over my garage year round. I live around farm land and they are looking for a cozy place to nest every winter. 

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 03:25:40 PM »
Not going to help you now but this is exactly why i put poison trays all over my garage year round. I live around farm land and they are looking for a cozy place to nest every winter.

It is amazing how many times we have seen postings about rodents getting into bikes and cars and destroying the wiring :(
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline mdurco19

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 05:47:08 PM »
Thanks guys. Got the harness spliced and the bike stared right up. I let it heat up while I put the left fairing back on. Turned it off. Then restarted about half hour later. Got an error code F1 and 26. Bummer. Going to take it to the pros. BIG BUCKS I fear.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 05:51:45 PM »
 Clean all the battery grounds if you haven't. Clear the codes and try again.

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 03:43:48 AM »
Thanks guys. Got the harness spliced and the bike stared right up. I let it heat up while I put the left fairing back on. Turned it off. Then restarted about half hour later. Got an error code F1 and 26. Bummer. Going to take it to the pros. BIG BUCKS I fear.

Error code F1 may be nothing to worry about, we see it pop up often.

Error code 26 is, 'Inlet camshaft position sensor malfunction, wiring open or short'.