Author Topic: Is this new forum now going to employ censorship?  (Read 6937 times)

Bob

Is this new forum now going to employ censorship?
« on: May 14, 2011, 05:03:41 PM »
 I'm wondering if this new forum comes complete with censorship? Or is it something else?  The topic of "Why so much anger?" was active this morning, before I went riding. Now it has been locked and moved to an area where at least some of us are not allowed to view it. Even though we were participants in the thread. I clicked on the link and I got this message:

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

Is this how these things are to be dealt with now? Hopefully it's just a misunderstanding. I've always applauded the fact that this type of actions never happened around here before. (Even at times when it probably should have been). Hopefully nothing has changed, and it's just a mix up. I never hung out in the old Arena before. But I'm curious what is in the thread now, that would cause it's banishment, and I'm not allowed to read it anymore?

Offline Squishman

• Arena
Re: Is this new forum now going to employ censorship?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 05:06:00 PM »
I was in the middle of reading it when they shuterdown.
Todd
Eagan, MN
Photos of my 1999 Conk: http://s751.photobucket.com/home/Squishman/index
Fav farkles: custom-cut Corbin Seat, Sonic 1.2's, Sisf's righteous carb work, Yamaha ATV bars, Spoofak, Rifle Shield, Stick Coils.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 05:22:12 PM »
The topic was not locked it was moved the Arena as the Owner of this forum has grown tired of the constant exchange of HEATED BULL CRAP from both sides; exact words were that we are better than that. If you want to continue please activate your Arena button in your profile set. There will be no more or no less censorship than previous just please keep in mind that this is a privately owned and funded forum and as posted on the previous site any topic may be nuked for no apparent reason.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 05:24:11 PM »
.... and I'm not allowed to read it anymore?

Please don't  :stirpot:  if you want to read it go to it's new home the Arena.
Tony P. Crochet

Offline Squishman

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 05:27:33 PM »
Tony, I cannot find where to add the Arena.
Todd
Eagan, MN
Fav farkles: custom-cut Corbin Seat, Sonic 1.2's, Sisf's righteous carb work, Yamaha ATV bars, Spoofak, Rifle Shield, Stick Coils.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 05:35:08 PM »
Tony, I cannot find where to add the Arena.

Click on Profile

Click on Modify Profile

Click on Ignore Board Options

Should be somewhere in that area that you click on a link or unclick a setting.

My control panel is new to me so I'm a little foggy here.
Tony P. Crochet

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 05:38:53 PM »
Click on Profile

Click on Modify Profile

Group Membership
2010 C14, 2007 ZX14,  2004 KTM 300SXC

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 05:41:39 PM »
Group Membership

Thanks..... Thought it read "Grope Membership" ....  :doublepuke:
Tony P. Crochet

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 05:45:28 PM »
Been out to sea too long? :stirpot:
2010 C14, 2007 ZX14,  2004 KTM 300SXC

Bob

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 05:49:17 PM »
With all do respect Tony, I did that. There is no Arena option in my ignore list section! I didn't want to start anything. The fact that I do not have the option in my ignore options section and the note that says that it's missing or off limits to me, kind of makes me wonder whats going on?
 Like I said in my first post. I always applauded the fact that there was never censorship before. So whats the deal then?
 Hey I was willing to actually go into the arena to see what happened today! That in itself is a new thing for me. But in the last forum, I at least had the option. I will go in and play around again after this after this post. If I'm wrong, I come back and say it!

Click on Profile

Click on Modify Profile

Offline Squishman

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 05:55:54 PM »
It's in Group Membership. Not going to be much going on there like before though. Hardly anyone will know that it even exists.
Todd
Eagan, MN

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2011, 05:56:40 PM »
Bob sorry if I'm curt with you; I know that you mean well and have tried you work both sides of the fence to keep tempers in check. We all just want this crap to stop stinking up the forum so that we can move forward with rebuilding. As far as I know there is no reason that you can't get to the Arena the same for anyone else. As stated this new layout is foreign to me and I'm slowly learning my way around.
Tony P. Crochet

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2011, 05:57:29 PM »
Bob, if you hover (and by hovering you know what I mean) over the profile tab, at least with mine, one of the options is group membership.  I'm assuming that's where you would click to ask for access to the Arena group.  I don't see that because I have access automatically so I'm hoping that will work for you.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Bob

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2011, 06:03:06 PM »
 I finally found the Arena. It's not under ignore board options. It's under group membership! It's by itself under available groups. It says "request membership"? I guess you have to ask permission to be able to be allowed to go in to read the thread that was moved. My apologies, I guess it really this isn't censorship. At least not directly if you request and are granted access to the section!
 Like I said, I didn't mean this to start another debate. But why the special segregation? It may not truly be censorship. But it's definetly allowing only certain people access! But the truth be told. I never go in the arena. So to view this one threads updates that got it moved isn't worth requesting special privileges to see the arena. I just wanted to read the updates in that thread!

Bob

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2011, 06:05:59 PM »
Tony or Jim, do me a favor and nuke this thread. After rereading it, Tony is right. This will not be taken well by people and is going to start more bad blood. So loose it now before more people see it and want to get involved. I don't want to be the cause of more waves!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2011, 06:08:16 PM »
That's not a good idea for me, Bob (internal joke), I'll leave any actions to Tony.  But I did look at that post and you haven't missed anything.  It's the same  :doublepuke: that was going on before.  Time for mellowing...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2011, 06:08:59 PM »
Things don't always work the way we want them to.........

The only reason you have to ask for permission to view the Arena is so that so all who enter it know that they will be walking into a high risk forum and that you may reading things there that do not meet with your taste and you have been thus warned.

All you have to do is ask! So no there is no special segregation at all.....
Tony P. Crochet

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2011, 06:12:17 PM »
Tony or Jim, do me a favor and nuke this thread. After rereading it, Tony is right. This will not be taken well by people and is going to start more bad blood. So loose it now before more people see it and want to get involved. I don't want to be the cause of more waves!

Let's lock this thread then so that others can read and see that even though we have slightly differing opinions we are still brother enough to meet in the middle and agree to AGREE.....
Tony P. Crochet