Author Topic: Improved Shift Linkage Kits (Read Last Post)  (Read 67305 times)

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
Improved Shift Linkage Kits (Read Last Post)
« on: May 11, 2011, 08:26:05 PM »
Here is a replacement shift linkage kit for the ZG1000 all years that ABSOLUTELY will improve how your Concours shifts no matter how new, old or mileage. This kit requires that you do some minor drilling to remove the old joints from the levers. Linkage parts are large beefy units that will remove the slop and make your shifting a night and day difference.

95.00 for the kit as shown with shims. Price includes shipping via USPM-PM if in Canada please or just about anywhere else in the world please add an extra 20.00 to extra to cover increased shipping and hassles...

You can reach me best via email at tonypcro @ gmail . com (remove extra spaces)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 09:06:22 AM by T Cro ® »
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
Re: Improved Shift Linkage Kits for the ZG1000 by T Cro ®
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 07:58:46 AM »
I've got a workbench full of kits that are ready to set sail to a new harbor.....

Don't be shy belly up to the bar and order a shot!

I'd really like to buy a new chrome plated 45 so help me finance a new gun will ya please?
Tony P. Crochet

Offline throb

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 03:25:33 PM »
  Okay, I'll bite.  How much machining is required to get the basic kit functioning?  I have normal power and hand tools.  Drill press, angle grinder, bench grinder, files, etc.  Anything needed over and above that and how much time does it normally take for a reasonably mechanically inclined person to do the job?

The linkage looks rock solid so I'm guessing if there's a missed shift, I would have nothing to blame it on but myself?   ;)
'05 Concours, SISF's 2 min jet mod and exhaust cam sprocket, snarf's block off plates, risers, SS lines, fork brace, T-Cro's stick coils & shift linkage, ZZR1200 rear shock, MS rear wheel.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 07:54:36 PM »
  Okay, I'll bite.  How much machining is required to get the basic kit functioning?  I have normal power and hand tools.  Drill press, angle grinder, bench grinder, files, etc.  Anything needed over and above that and how much time does it normally take for a reasonably mechanically inclined person to do the job?

The linkage looks rock solid so I'm guessing if there's a missed shift, I would have nothing to blame it on but myself?   ;)

With the above listed tools you should be golden in under 1.5 hour start to finish including the remove of the left lower cowling to gain better accessibility to the shifter.

As to the latter question you would be correct.... Thing is with the kit properly installed (nearly fool proof) there will be such an improvement over even a fairly new shifter that's in good shape that there will be NO MISSED SHIFTS.....

Will be money well spent I assure you.....
Tony P. Crochet

Offline Mettler1

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 10:35:26 PM »
With the above listed tools you should be golden in under 1.5 hour start to finish including the remove of the left lower cowling to gain better accessibility to the shifter.

As to the latter question you would be correct.... Thing is with the kit properly installed (nearly fool proof) there will be such an improvement over even a fairly new shifter that's in good shape that there will be NO MISSED SHIFTS.....

Will be money well spent I assure you.....
     With the OEM shift linkage I was missing 2nd often. Thought I had tranny problems. With Tony's shift linkage I haven't missed a single shift in 4000 miles!! :thumbs:
'94 Concours 112,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,Torque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators,etc

Offline Not4Hire

• Arena
  • & Western-The only two types of music there is...
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 12:21:12 PM »
How does this get along with Murph's knee-saver footpeg? (Being lower and maybe a little back from the stock position. )

The distance to the stock shifter is different with Murph's mod and I have to kinda lift my foot to shift-- to up-shift anyway, not so much with down shifting because you use the bottom of yer foot. 

TIA, Steve
'90-clean one owner-Not4Hire (or sale)
-wants a C14 SO bad--"Non Sequitur" will be her name 
1533, from L., lit. "it does not follow."

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 03:33:46 PM »
How does this get along with Murph's knee-saver footpeg? (Being lower and maybe a little back from the stock position. )

The distance to the stock shifter is different with Murph's mod and I have to kinda lift my foot to shift-- to up-shift anyway, not so much with down shifting because you use the bottom of yer foot. 

TIA, Steve

This kit does not change the shifter distance or relationship to the peg in any way other than it allows more adjustment in the linkage length due to design this in turn should allow more up & down height adjustment.
Tony P. Crochet

Offline shcdav269

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 06:42:37 PM »
My husband rides a 1988 Concours daily and a friend of his met you while he was traveling in the western states.  Just this week his Shift Linkage broke (my husband's) we are interested in your part, please send information to us about purchasing your Kit.    Thanks

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 08:50:40 PM »
Email sent.......
Tony P. Crochet

Offline gruff54

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 03:44:45 AM »
Another testimonial. I was missing upshifts(usually 1-2, sometimes 2-3). Saw very little slop in my original linkage and would have bet I had tranny issues. Replaced linkage w/Tony's setup and she works great! Thanks for a great product! Great service, too!
Mike

Offline TOURMASTER

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 09:32:13 PM »
T Cro, the check is in the mail......... ;D

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 04:37:24 AM »
T Cro, the check is in the mail......... ;D

And soon so shall your parts!  :)
Tony P. Crochet

Offline Wild Rose

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2011, 08:14:44 PM »
Tony

Money sent by payPal looking forward to trying out your shift linkage

Leo

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2011, 07:22:06 AM »
Tony

Money sent by payPal looking forward to trying out your shift linkage

Leo

Payment received.... Will ship out Monday the 7th and you should expect it down under in about 10 days..... Thank you!

NOTE: To all interested buyers I am currently out of the Full/Complete Shift Linkage Kits till sometime after Turkey Day; but I do have Basic Linkage only kits in stock and ready to ship at your desire....
Tony P. Crochet

Offline Uglydog56

• I'd rather be lucky than good.
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2011, 09:16:55 PM »
Would you sell me a basic kit that the center hex thing is 1/2" longer than stock?  I've converted to race shift and kind of moved things around. 
Rick A. Cone
COG #9186
98 Connie, 76 CB400F

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2011, 05:04:47 AM »
Would you sell me a basic kit that the center hex thing is 1/2" longer than stock?  I've converted to race shift and kind of moved things around.

That will be no issue with the basic kit as the kit is nearly fully compressed to fit in the stock configuration so it can easily extend 2" or perhaps 2.5" without additional mods.

Email me or send funds via PayPal...... teecro @ sbcglobal . net (remove spaces) as I've got basic kits at the ready!
Tony P. Crochet

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2012, 03:28:20 AM »
NOTE: To all interested buyers I am currently out of the Full/Complete Shift Linkage Kits till further notice as buying used shifter parts has become a crap shoot as to quality and condition; but I do have Basic Linkage Kits in stock and ready to ship ASAP....
Tony P. Crochet

Offline timmerz

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2012, 12:17:55 PM »
T Cro, is this still the case? Nothing changed since June, basic kits available only?
Thanks,
Tim

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2012, 07:37:09 PM »
T Cro, is this still the case? Nothing changed since June, basic kits available only?
Thanks,
Tim

Yeah only basic kits at this time it has become a real drag trying to find used parts that are in good enough shape for me to resale to people I consider both friends and brothers. I can and will do the work and return to you your parts ; I've done that for a few folks.
Tony P. Crochet

Offline Squishman

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2013, 11:18:53 AM »
Tony, I would like to inquire about a shift linkage kit. Are you able to ship any out at the moment?

Or.... what is the turn around (and cost) if I sent you my set to modify?

edit: or I could consider a basic kit if that is available. What are the options at this time?
Todd
Eagan, MN
Photos of my 1999 Conk: http://s751.photobucket.com/home/Squishman/index
Fav farkles: custom-cut Corbin Seat, Sonic 1.2's, Sisf's righteous carb work, Yamaha ATV bars, Spoofak, Rifle Shield, Stick Coils.