Author Topic: Worst ride of my life  (Read 6258 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: Worst ride of my life
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2012, 10:13:33 PM »
 :grouphug:

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2012, 09:21:28 AM »
No words will can really be said, I never lost a family member, but a couple buddies have gone into light as a result of bikes. One was very fast, the other took 30 yrs.
Please ride again, get his initials painted on your bike, and he comes with you on every ride. My buddies initials are on my beloved Connie, they ride with me always.
Stay positive, it sounds like he was doing exactly what he wanted to, being with you and riding.
Ride safe all,
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline KawiG

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2012, 03:54:10 PM »
Sometimes it takes a while to feel the NEED to ride again. It took me 8 years. Sorry for the loss of a buddy. :-\
Live Fast and Ride Free, when we're no longer free....Ride Fast.

Offline rush2112

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2012, 11:34:53 AM »
So sorry to hear.
Prayers up for the family.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

Offline texrider

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2012, 08:08:05 PM »
Sorry for your family's loss. What became of the person(s) he ran into?
2014 Valkyrie

Offline Nemo

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2012, 10:50:18 PM »
WOW Jerry, Don 't know what to say. He was doing exactly what he needed to do considering what has happened with him. He will be looking down over you on every ride. Take something from your dad-in-law and put it on your bike. My best thoughts and feeling towards you and your dad-in-law!!!!!
Never ride faster then your guardian angel.........

Offline JerBear

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2012, 07:41:02 PM »
Sorry for your family's loss. What became of the person(s) he ran into?

It is actually worse than that, Dad got t-boned in the middle of the first cross traffic lane, the poor girl hardly had any time to brake before she hit him so she saw the whole thing happen before her eyes.

She came Friday night to the visitation.  She is understandably shook up, she's only 17 years old.  We did our best to assure her that we are not in any way angry with her and we are praying for her emotional healing.   Thank goodness she was not badly injured in the wreck.  She has a good family and our support.  The healing will take time for everyone.  She is the type of kid that will find a way to get rumble strips installed at rural intersections.
2008 C14 Non-ABS