Author Topic: Intercom for the Wife  (Read 6609 times)

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
Re: Intercom for the Wife
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2011, 08:21:54 AM »
The wife have and are happy with the Sena units. We can talk bike to bike in real world situations for about 1/4 mile or so. We each have music, she uses a bluetooth adapter (dongle) and I use the included input wire. We also each sync to our phones as well as each other's units (of course) for intercom. The only nit to pick for us is a slight but noticeable delay in the mic's opening the VOX session, after that it's full duplex, clear conversations at any reasonable speed. By the way, I wear earplugs and have no problems with volume.
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190

Offline Uglydog56

• I'd rather be lucky than good.
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2011, 04:14:21 PM »
I have the Sena installed now.  I found them fairly easy to install and use.  The SO and I went on a ride around the hood canal last night and they worked with no problems.  I have mine paired with my phone and my ipod touch.  Hers is paired with her phone and she uses the cord to run her ipod.  I have answered the phone multiple times and it is easy to hear and I am clear to the caller (once I quit shouting because I was worried they couldn't hear me).  I tested them to 90 and they are easy to hear there as well.  This was rider to pillion.
Rick A. Cone
COG #9186
98 Connie, 76 CB400F

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2011, 09:07:42 PM »
The Starcom's had a PS2 type connector at one point that had failure issues for some.  Weren't beefy enough.
I have the Starcom1 advance for some 5 years now.  Very beefy and better then than Autocom I tested. What I also like is I can get a cable from any computer shop as the ps2 cable is the same as a keyboard extension cable and  very inexpensive.
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

Offline toojeep4u

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2011, 05:20:49 AM »
I use the Sena as well and am very happy with it.  It is quite loud if needed in a full face helmet and with the face down, the person I am talking to doesn't know I am on the bike at speed.
Tori '01