Author Topic: 2015 connie [pre-release speculation]  (Read 104880 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: 2015 connie
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2014, 06:58:43 AM »
I honestly hope they don't add ESA, or that atomic power plant they put on the new ZX14R with those extra 89 cc. I do not see anything stopping me from making the leap. And that would/will be expensive...   :banghead:

But you live in the only place that has speed limits that could make use of it.  ;)

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2014, 07:33:41 AM »
My twice extended GTPP will be up by then.

Good point.  I did the samething.  Not sure if I'll extend it again or not.

Offline SapperLdr

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2014, 04:56:35 PM »
I feel we need more cow bell.   ;D
Living the dream in Arizona.

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2014, 05:00:56 PM »

Speaking of cow bell...lol.

A friend of mine has this on the back of his Kawi race bike;)

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2014, 05:03:41 PM »
Do we know yet if they can be renewed three times for certain?

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2014, 06:00:07 PM »

If you can get that spectacular price  ($335 from Richmond) and it CAN be extended, one absolutely should.  I hate extended warranties because they are almost always WAY overpriced.  But protecting a $14,000 investment for what amounts to $112 a year is an outstanding value.  Throw in that it is FACTORY and TRANSFERABLE which increases the resale value too and to me it is a no brainer.   Just one repair and it has probably paid for one or even two extensions.

I know some people have extended twice, but can it be extended three times  (3 yrs original + 3 + 3 +3)?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2014, 07:12:47 PM »
C'mon Maxi, work with me here- I asked that question in the last post....  ;D

When I bought my second extension, I asked if a third (or more) could be purchased. The answer I got from the dealer in VA (that I think we all use, courtesy of Rich R.) said that if I waited a week or so and tried to buy another one, we could find out if Mama Kaw would process it. Needless to say, I did not choose to spend the money to find out. But I am curious and also would extend again if possible. C'mon Kawasaki, show us all how much you think of this bike; extend the warrant into 12 years.  :rotflmao:

Brian

If you can get that spectacular price  ($335 from Richmond) and it CAN be extended, one absolutely should.  I hate extended warranties because they are almost always WAY overpriced.  But protecting a $14,000 investment for what amounts to $112 a year is an outstanding value.  Throw in that it is FACTORY and TRANSFERABLE which increases the resale value too and to me it is a no brainer.   Just one repair and it has probably paid for one or even two extensions.

I know some people have extended twice, but can it be extended three times  (3 yrs original + 3 + 3 +3)?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2014, 07:39:52 PM »
call Pete and ask... I renewed twice, and will do another, as soon as I am employed again...
he told me flat out, you can buy one, and a week afterwards, buy another, with no restrictions on how many you want to pay for...
Beuhler...
beuhler.......
Beuhler...?

oh make me do it... I'l charge you $50 for the answers..... 8)

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2014, 08:23:30 PM »
I'm not gonna renew mine.  It expires sometime in the future.  Who knows what I'll be doing then.  I'm not sure what renewal I'm on at the moment.  I've drank too much and I can't focus my eyes.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2014, 09:13:07 PM »
.... And that was back in 1981.  :-)

Pete told me he did not know if Kawasaki would renew a third time or not. My current warranty is good for another couple of years so I have no interest in buying now just to find out if I can. But it will be interesting if a warranty is available on a nine- year old bike with lots 'o mileage.

Brian

I'm not gonna renew mine.  It expires sometime in the future.  Who knows what I'll be doing then.  I'm not sure what renewal I'm on at the moment.  I've drank too much and I can't focus my eyes.

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2014, 05:31:19 AM »
While i have only owned my 2013 since May, i would love to see a bit more power, i know it is possible and definetly cruise control! Put that on the plate and bet a lot of people wouldnt bother looking at BMW's k1600gt...unless they had moeny to throw away.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2014, 08:25:17 AM »

:goodpost:

Offline Cuda

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2014, 09:02:59 AM »
McCruise cost lees than the TAX you would pay for a new bike, I've added ZX headers and Guhl flash and I'm set for life , the front wheel comes up more than I like  ;) now .
The good thing about the Flash is the low end GRUNT , I don't rev the motor as much now , short shift because of the  torque increase. I've lost 20 some lb. since Christmas that made the bike faster also :chugbeer:
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2014, 09:09:03 AM »
McCruise cost lees than the TAX you would pay for a new bike, I've added ZX headers and Guhl flash and I'm set for life , the front wheel comes up more than I like  ;) now .
The good thing about the Flash is the low end GRUNT , I don't rev the motor as much now , short shift because of the  torque increase. I've lost 20 some lb. since Christmas that made the bike faster also :chugbeer:

+1 Lately I've been turning the ECO mode on to save gas. I'll forget and roll on at low RPM and wonder "where's the torque?" When I first got the bike I could hardly feel the difference with ECO on or off. But with the the Guhl flash it is night and day.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2014, 05:13:05 PM »
I've lost 20 some lb. since Christmas that made the bike faster also :chugbeer:

:)  That is one of the cheapest and yet most expensive performance mods :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2014, 05:34:47 PM »

:goodpost:
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline katata1100

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2014, 09:31:46 AM »

I feel the same way. When you go from Guhl to Eco mode, it feels like the bike has a blown head gasket. I only use eco when in 6.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2014, 10:41:50 AM »
I feel the same way. When you go from Guhl to Eco mode, it feels like the bike has a blown head gasket. I only use eco when in 6.

I don't think I have ever used ECO mode (actually called "Fuel Economy Assistance Mode" before.  But I think I will try it tonight to try and remember what it was like before the Guhl refash.... if I can figure out how to do it  :)   (Update:  just read the manual, press the handlebar button for 1 to 3 seconds).

I believe I read somewhere on the Forums that Eco will disengage automatically (and perhaps temporarily) if you roll on the throttle or raise up the RPM, but I can't remember if that means it would then be on the Ghul map or not at that moment.  If it does, then it doesn't make the best comparison test.  I also don't remember if it turns itself back on in such cases.

From the manual:   "can be activated[...] when rpm is less than 6 000, throttle position is less than 30 percent and speed is less than 152 mph. "   They say nothing else useful.  :(

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2014, 10:57:18 AM »
Max, I don't think it actually turns itself off. Just that the fuel map at higher RPM's and higher throttle is the same as normal mode. But I'm not sure.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2014, 12:03:08 PM »
Max, I don't think it actually turns itself off. Just that the fuel map at higher RPM's and higher throttle is the same as normal mode. But I'm not sure.

Could be, but who knows?  Inquiring minds want to know, damnit!!!

In the most "main" thread:  http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=5749.15  "Wally_games" says:

"It automatically drops out of the ECO mapping if you apply more than 30% throttle. That's why I try to remember to engage it every time I ride. That way it's in ECO when it might matter, and doesn't do anything when I feel the urge for power. "  And jjcC6 says "I feel the transition from eco to normal mode as I roll into the throttle and it makes for a surge of power at a time when I want the power to come on smoothly. " Neither claim is backed in the manual, although it seems logical for it to be true.  I might have to play with it some myself.  Meanwhile, I will also post it on the correct thread.