Author Topic: NRA press Conference  (Read 31866 times)

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
Re: NRA press Conference
« Reply #120 on: December 30, 2012, 04:40:36 PM »
Back on topic please!
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #121 on: December 30, 2012, 06:14:08 PM »
One hour ago:

(NECN) - President Obama spoke out on Sunday about the need for gun control.

He said the shooting rampage at the Sandy Hook Elementary school in Newtown, Conn., was the worst day of his presidency, and he's pledging to put his "full weight" behind legislation aimed at preventing gun violence.

“The question then becomes whether we are actually shook up enough by what happened here that it does not just become another one of these routine episodes where it gets a lot of attention for a couple of weeks and then it drifts away,” Obama said on “Meet the Press.”

The president said he supports increased background checks and bans on assault weapons and high-capacity bullet magazines.

He also voiced skepticism about the National Rifle Association's proposal to put armed guards in schools. Twenty first graders and six adults died during the shooting rampage.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #122 on: December 30, 2012, 06:14:40 PM »
“I think there are a vast majority of responsible gun owners out there who recognize that we can't have a situation in which somebody with severe psychological problems is able to get the kind of high-capacity weapons that this individual in Newtown obtained and gun down our kids,” Obama said.

Hmmmmmm.......seems to me that the parent and only the parent was 100% negligent in this, however the current system did and does work. He didnt obtain anything, he took "her guns" and killed her with one of them. She was in fact 100% negligent and in denial, however you are never fully prepared for what your offspring is capable of, or anybody for that matter. You never fully know until it is too late and it happens, then people react how they are doing now. Killers are cowards and they prey on the weak, it aint rocket science. Be very scared of this current government, next movies, the internet and music are the target. Yet another gun ban from another Democratic President.....imagine that. But it is for the greater good "of all".......yeah sure it is.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Bart

« Reply #123 on: December 30, 2012, 07:05:38 PM »
DON'T FEED THE TROLL

It seems that Strawboss is not capable of having an intelligent conversation. He would rather anyone who does not share his particular view be silenced. I thought this was a democratic country.

As I said, I'm not sure what the solution is and I don't want to give up my rifles but I'm petty sure more guns will not quell the violence. We ban some weapons like RPGs, machine guns and silencers. Why not assault rifles and armor piercing ammo? As we look around the 1st world, we can see what works and the big difference is controls on the type of guns available to the general public and how they can be used, stored and transported.

In May of 1986 Reagan signed a bill into law that prohibited the registration of new machine guns for civilian use. I guess Reagan was a lib nut job.

When the second amendment was adopted on December 15, 1791, I doubt the carnage of today was envisioned. Maybe we should ban all weapons that were not around in 1791. It would take a long time to reload.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #124 on: December 30, 2012, 07:10:10 PM »
When the 2nd was written the firearms held by the military and citizens were the same. They didn't envision a government with guns and a civilian populace with torches and pitchforks.

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #125 on: December 30, 2012, 08:36:13 PM »
DON'T FEED THE TROLL

It seems that Strawboss is not capable of having an intelligent conversation. He would rather anyone who does not share his particular view be silenced. I thought this was a democratic country.

Bart, it seems as though your just as firm in your views of what you think would be best ... after all you've voiced them a number of times.

I think most of us on this forum believe that less restrictions getting legal guns into the hands of law abiding citizens would be a better idea.

And less restrictions on what kind of guns law abiding citizens could own would be a better idea.

And less restrictions on where us law abiding citizens could carry our legal guns would be a better idea.

I as a Watchdog Dad, or Sheepdog or whatever we would like to be known as, would like to have MORE ability to protect the innocent's of the world in a way that WILL save lives.

And I don't think anyone here said "Americans just like to kill" (except you) what most of us are saying is we would like to be able to protect people.
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline Cuda

« Reply #126 on: December 30, 2012, 09:13:03 PM »
I want a few Drones ;)
screw these little hand guns .
The nut job in Webster NY last week got a young girl to buy his weapons! I hope she gets ten years in Jail.
I can't see taking away a NORMAL persons guns , BUT I do believe they should make it harder for everyone to obtain them. In Fl. to get a CWP you just sit in a room for a hour or two (depending on the instructor) get a back ground check and your good to go.  :o
This past week I read Florida Firearms Law, Use & Ownership,
I believe everyone needs to read a book of this type and then take a written test, based on the Law in your area, When I was in NY last week my brother who is a attorney said the law in NY can change from county to county , that is nuts.
I don't believe in taking anything away,  but in more and better screening and education .
We need to keep firearms away from NUTS . Lasts weeks killing of the Firemen responding  to a set trap is one more nut getting his rocks off in a very sick way , they found a typewritten letter from him " I love killing people" He killed his Grandmother with a hammer  , killed his sister before setting the fire.
When someone kills another I believe they should be killed , I don't believe in rehab.
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #127 on: December 31, 2012, 04:25:12 AM »
To no one in particular.....   We want to keep this in the Open area so let's be civil in the discussions.  Thanks.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Snibbor

• Arena
« Reply #128 on: December 31, 2012, 10:13:14 AM »
DON'T FEED THE TROLL

As I said, I'm not sure what the solution is and I don't want to give up my rifles but I'm petty sure more guns will not quell the violence. We ban some weapons like RPGs, machine guns and silencers. Why not assault rifles and armor piercing ammo? As we look around the 1st world, we can see what works and the big difference is controls on the type of guns available to the general public and how they can be used, stored and transported.

In May of 1986 Reagan signed a bill into law that prohibited the registration of new machine guns for civilian use. I guess Reagan was a lib nut job.

When the second amendment was adopted on December 15, 1791, I doubt the carnage of today was envisioned. Maybe we should ban all weapons that were not around in 1791. It would take a long time to reload.

I'm certain they weren't.  They were envisioning an entirely different kind.  It was easy to do, as they had recent experience.

Offline SANDPSYCHO

« Reply #129 on: December 31, 2012, 11:30:53 PM »
DON'T FEED THE TROLL

Maybe not, but they did envision a tyrannical government coming into power and now that government wants to disarm us.

Offline pistole

« Reply #130 on: January 01, 2013, 01:02:03 AM »
When the 2nd was written the firearms held by the military and citizens were the same. They didn't envision a government with guns and a civilian populace with torches and pitchforks.

- thats true.

- but its also true that much has changed (both in terms of weaponry and society too) since then.

Offline Snibbor

• Arena
« Reply #131 on: January 01, 2013, 01:45:52 AM »
Maybe not, but they did envision a tyrannical government coming into power and now that government wants to disarm us.

exactly!!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #132 on: January 01, 2013, 06:42:43 AM »
- thats true.

- but its also true that much has changed (both in terms of weaponry and society too) since then.

Yes. Society has gotten worse and weapons have gotten better.

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #133 on: January 01, 2013, 03:27:17 PM »
Quote from: gPink on December 30, 2012, 09:10:10 pm

- thats true.

That's also true ... but when the 2nd was written I don't believe there was as much of a difference between what the politicians and the common folk wanted.

Our founding fathers wanted to keep us safe, and for us to have the ability to keep ourselves safe ... they believed that we had the sense to know when it was time to take up arms ... as they had done.

Our current leadership is so removed from us in there elitist world that they believe they are the only one's who know what's best for us.

When actually that's all their thinking about is what's best for them!
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #134 on: January 02, 2013, 07:21:49 AM »
Oh no, I don't mind anybody with a differing opinion than mine, you can talk all you want, privately owned firearms have ensured that, so far. Everywhere across the country this type of "debate" has been raging since CT. We are saturated with "debate", especially from folks like Bart, who sign on to post only on a particular thread or hot topic and fuel the "debate" with controversial or inflammatory postings or simplistic ideas knowing it will incite other comments and "debate", then sit back and watch the "debate", all under the auspices of talking about a solution meanwhile keeping the "debate" on the front burner, as suggested by more than one media type lately. Solutions are coming folks, of that I am sure, and I have no doubt many here will not like them. But remember we had nothing to do with those solutions. 
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #135 on: January 02, 2013, 07:32:41 AM »
To no one in particular.....   We want to keep this in the Open area so let's be civil in the discussions.  Thanks.

Even better just completely ignore posters who are not bringing any worthwhile conversation to the table...
Tony P. Crochet

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #136 on: January 02, 2013, 08:28:13 AM »
Thanks Tony, thats what I was trying to say.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #137 on: January 06, 2013, 09:20:13 AM »

I agree.  I am getting tired of people wondering why citizens need to have automatic weapons and large capacity clips to go hunting.  Owning weapons is not just about hunting or personal protection.  We have the right to bear arms.  We should be able to form a civilian militia when needed, yet no one wants to say this to the press.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #138 on: January 06, 2013, 12:07:47 PM »
I agree.  I am getting tired of people wondering why citizens need to have automatic weapons and large capacity clips to go hunting.  Owning weapons is not just about hunting or personal protection.  We have the right to bear arms.  We should be able to form a civilian militia when needed, yet no one wants to say this to the press.

While it would be nice to own an automatic firearm very few of us do we own semi-auto firearms and we should be sure to point out to those who don't know the difference between the two...

As to high cap mags I own them for the very same reason that I own numerous SEMI-AUTO firearms for sport shooting and while I pray that I never need to use them against a human who has intent to harm me or my family I would and that includes a tyrannical government.
Tony P. Crochet

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #139 on: January 06, 2013, 04:53:22 PM »
Scary black guns.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey