Author Topic: Federal Marijuana Legalization Bills Introduced  (Read 11493 times)

Son of Pappy

Re: Federal Marijuana Legalization Bills Introduced
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 08:24:37 PM »
As luck has it, DiscoveryHD is premiering Weed Country.  May get some growing tips ;)

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 08:25:22 PM »
Sorry Sherob, two different things going on here. I was responding to rhinos comment about what you do in your home, and you were responding to my medical questions. To go through life and do what you want with drugs, legal or illegal in your own home in your own time and destroy your body and life thinking you are the only one who is paying for it is to me a bit naive is what I was saying. Do I care what you do, no. What I asking is, how do you think the drugs get to your house? Read the news lately about Mexican drugs lords, Afghan poppy growers, Russian mafia, international terrorism, human trafficking?  Where do you think all that money thats involved in that comes from?   Sherob, your situation and others who need it for medical purposes where its grown right here and regulated right here and used right here is different. Lets make sure we are talking about the same thing. Medical marijuana used by people to ward off the devestating effects from various diseases and allows them to lead a somewhat normal life without intense pain or nausea is a bit different from Beavis and Butthead or Ted and Carol in Anytown USA stoking up a big spleef. Thats what I was talking about, where does it come from, who grows it, who sells it, who profits from it? Not the medical, the recreational.   
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 08:58:03 PM »
All you will see in the media is Beavis and Butthead, the rec users. The medicinal users do their thing in private and want to keep it that way.
B&B want the THC laden stuff just for the high. People who use it medicinally want the CBD type that doesn't get you high.

The government has billions of our tax dollars invested in their empires called DEA, etc. Legalization stops the money train.

For the record, I don't smoke. I watched Dad die from COPD from cigarettes.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2013, 09:04:31 PM »
The gubment failed in the past when they tried to tell people what they couldn't drink.  They are REALLY failing telling people what they can't smoke.  Its incredible!

The high school days are over for me, but I think if grown-ups wanna toot they are going to toot.  Seems rather obvious America has been losing the war on drugs and the laws have been serving zero purpose or slowing down usage, and the dealers have been winning by epic proportions
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2013, 09:22:00 PM »
But you see this is a war and this war can't be won overnight. To win this war we will need people and money. Lots and lots of money.
Pharma doesn't want legalization because they can't have people growing their own meds, bypassing the drug companies.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2013, 09:23:51 PM »
Thats all this debate is......"who gets the money"

Because people have and will continue to smoke weed forever
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2013, 10:04:34 PM »
I've smoked too much weed tonight, can you guys please limit yer posts to one sentence or bullet points...  :-\

I've tried to read all those long posts so many times that I'm now giving up and going for the 7-11 nachos.  ;)   ;D

Son of Pappy

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2013, 10:34:14 PM »
I've smoked too much weed tonight, can you guys please limit yer posts to one sentence or bullet points...  :-\

I've tried to read all those long posts so many times that I'm now giving up and going for the 7-11 nachos.  ;)   ;D
Will the leaf be gold colored on the new tuperware or will you ghost it in?

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2013, 10:39:45 PM »
Sorry Sherob, two different things going on here. I was responding to rhinos comment about what you do in your home, and you were responding to my medical questions. To go through life and do what you want with drugs, legal or illegal in your own home in your own time and destroy your body and life thinking you are the only one who is paying for it is to me a bit naive is what I was saying. Do I care what you do, no. What I asking is, how do you think the drugs get to your house? Read the news lately about Mexican drugs lords, Afghan poppy growers, Russian mafia, international terrorism, human trafficking?  Where do you think all that money thats involved in that comes from?   Sherob, your situation and others who need it for medical purposes where its grown right here and regulated right here and used right here is different. Lets make sure we are talking about the same thing. Medical marijuana used by people to ward off the devestating effects from various diseases and allows them to lead a somewhat normal life without intense pain or nausea is a bit different from Beavis and Butthead or Ted and Carol in Anytown USA stoking up a big spleef. Thats what I was talking about, where does it come from, who grows it, who sells it, who profits from it? Not the medical, the recreational.

In the case of marijuana, it is easily cultivated. Allow people to grow it domestically and the Mexican drug lords will be taken out of the picture at least for this drug. Alcohol is the perfect example. They outlawed it and violent gangs took over and smuggled it in from other countries. It was repealed and now it is a job creating, tax paying industry in the US. Yep it still is very bad for some people. So are big macs and candy for others. But the cure of prohibition is much worse then the disease. 

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2013, 11:14:35 PM »
Will the leaf be gold colored on the new tuperware or will you ghost it in?

;D   :chugbeer:

Son of Pappy

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2013, 12:44:11 AM »
Gold leaf (double pun there) would sure match them Ohlins 8)

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2013, 03:35:45 AM »
+1

Makes it hard to catch up on a thread at 2:00AM

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2013, 04:53:51 AM »
The Feds know they can't win the "war on drugs" so they have a new, evil threat...firearms.

Offline cmoore

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2013, 05:10:19 AM »
It's about time a politician or two grew a pair and came out in favor of legalization. The stuff is no more a gate way drug than alcohol or tobacco. The dude sitting in the white house is a former user for crying out loud. Legalize it and tax it. That's the plan and that's what they want. The tax money. U.S. Banks are already involved in laundering drug money. I think the Feds have finally realized the hypocrisy of it all. Legalization is way over due.
2010 C14
Dallas, Texas

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2013, 05:18:56 AM »
For the record, I don't smoke. I watched Dad die from COPD from cigarettes.

+1 on that...  My dad died at 45 from lung/brain cancer and Mom died slowly over the last 7 years or so with COPD.  Never took up the habit.  Alcohol on the other hand....of course in moderation..

I don't see where MJ is any different from alcohol, probably less....  The Feds need money, why not tax it like alcohol and treat it as such.  That's my stand.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2013, 05:19:41 AM »
Anybody here use marijuana to reduce the pain and effects of disease or the treatments for those diseases? If so, smoke or pill? I think as with many other things in the news recently, the general public is being mislead as to why the laws for marijuana are being reformed or why marijuana is being used and by whom. I think the majority of voters think this is for pain relief for medical purposes and in many cases this is how these laws are being portrayed and if they knew it was for recreational use more would be against any laws allowing its use legally. My opinion only. I think we have enough mind/mood altering sustances that are available legally right now, I don't think we need any more. Do I think that possesion of a few joints or an ounce should get you jail time? No. If thats the kind of reform they are pursuing, then fine. But to legalize it for use like alcohol. No. Again, just my opinion.

Question for you Boss. I'll assume that you're ok with the way the 'system' deals with alcohol. Why are you against doing the same thing with weed?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2013, 05:21:53 AM »
Sherob,SOP, I understand, I hurt my back last September and took some major drugs for about two weeks, I also drank more gin than I ever did in my life, and yes, I did't like that as i'm not a pill person. One more question then I'll leave it alone, how come whenever a law such as this is proposed, all sorts of doctors, experts, sufferers, patients, politicians are trucked out to plead about how very important it is to insure that people have a choice in dealing with their pain and condition, but, the day after this law passes, all you ever see is thousands of potheads and old hippies, and college kids gathering to light up and get high and celebrate a vistory to use hallucinogens legally? Those people look to be in pretty good health dancing around without a care and most likely without a pain, before they light up. Sherob, I wish you luck and hope you are pain free in the future, by any means.

Hallucinogens?  :o  Say what? Weed is not a hallucinogen. 

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2013, 05:35:02 AM »
No, the Feds don't need any more tax money. They already get way more than needed.
They get all they want to execute their war on drugs.
Notice how they know who does what but when asked why they don't make arrests they always say "its under investigation"?
If they win their little war their little make work projects go away. Just like the politicians. If they solve the problems, they are no longer "needed".
The feds are building detention facilities across the country. What for? It ain't for drug dealers.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2013, 09:48:25 AM »
I always thought it was ignorant to have outlawed Pot and the continual fight to keep it illegal.  It is not as dangerous as alcohol.  The argument that it is a "gateway drug" is a red herring.  Pot smokers do not automatically become crack heads, anymore than a beer drinker automatically becomes an alcoholic. Regulate it, tax it, and sell it in the liquor store.  If someone over does it and screws up, arrest them for operating under the influence, just like you would with a drunk.

As a motorcyclist, on a curved dark road at night, I would much rather have a mellowed pot smoker driving slow, kicked back listeng to his music than a drunk nascar fan driving fast and aggressively with blurred vision and poor reflexes. 

If you ever have worked with the public, you will find far more domestic violence with alcohol and heavy drugs than with pot smokers.  Pot smokers are usually pretty passive (ok, kind of whiney) even when they are getting evicted from their apartments.  With a drinker,  the only time you do not have a fight on your hands is when they are already passed out.

Well said Leo.  :thumbs:

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2013, 07:18:58 PM »
Quote from: Leo on Yesterday at 10:06:35 pm

I always thought it was ignorant to have outlawed Pot and the continual fight to keep it illegal.  It is not as dangerous as alcohol.  The argument that it is a "gateway drug" is a red herring.  Pot smokers do not automatically become crack heads, anymore than a beer drinker automatically becomes an alcoholic. Regulate it, tax it, and sell it in the liquor store.  If someone over does it and screws up, arrest them for operating under the influence, just like you would with a drunk.

As a motorcyclist, on a curved dark road at night, I would much rather have a mellowed pot smoker driving slow, kicked back listeng to his music than a drunk nascar fan driving fast and aggressively with blurred vision and poor reflexes.

If you ever have worked with the public, you will find far more domestic violence with alcohol and heavy drugs than with pot smokers.  Pot smokers are usually pretty passive (ok, kind of whiney) even when they are getting evicted from their apartments.  With a drinker,  the only time you do not have a fight on your hands is when they are already passed out.

Well said Leo.  :thumbs:

+1
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645