Author Topic: Any juicers out there?  (Read 10821 times)

Offline Timalan

• www.thismotorcyclelife.net
Re: Any juicers out there?
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2013, 11:08:59 AM »
I couldn't stand the wasted pulp, so I bought a composting tumbler. Dump it all in there and filled a raised bed and am now growing my own greens. Kale and chard and spinach is WAY cheaper from your back yard. I had rainbow chard till January last winter from what I planted in the spring. One row four feet long gave me juice greens for almost 9 months. Now I'm planting my fall crop.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2013, 01:10:42 PM »

Well if moderate drinking is beneficial to health then I must be approaching ludicrous healthy...  ;D :chugbeer:

Big +1 to that!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2013, 02:53:44 PM »
What kinda' time period are we talking about here, minutes? Hours? Dozens of minutes?

;D

Brian

I am. My story is long though. A little over two years. We bought a juicer. We juiced morning through lunch and had salads for dinner. I eliminated all meat. I eliminated all Dairy, and for a period of time I eliminated all alcohol.
Tim
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Son of Pappy

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2013, 07:01:55 PM »
So, I took the plunge.  Not too bad, plenty of lemon and lime with a chunk of Ginger root and it tastes so much better than it looks.  Time to start a garden  ;D

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2013, 08:23:12 PM »
I put Vodka in my juice.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Timalan

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2013, 10:24:44 AM »
What kinda' time period are we talking about here, minutes? Hours? Dozens of minutes?

;D

Brian
I quit for over a year. I was having something 4-6 times a week. Now fridays only, if i do that... I LOVE good beer. It isnt easy.

Offline Timalan

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2013, 12:56:44 PM »
So, I took the plunge.  Not too bad, plenty of lemon and lime with a chunk of Ginger root and it tastes so much better than it looks.  Time to start a garden  ;D

So, Are you still doing it? just curious...

Offline Cuda

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2013, 02:45:17 PM »

Well  ever since She hit  Men  da pause
it's been a long pause.... ::)
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Son of Pappy

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2013, 05:37:24 PM »
Yes, I make about one large pitcher every 2 days.  Most days I eat a regular meal, in much smaller portions than before.  I am a fan of Fenel, Ginger, Lemon and Lime.  Kale just smells nasty, but I have become accustomed to it.  Already making plans for a garden next year.
No regrets but after 2 days of no coffee and terrible headaches I came to the conclusion I will keep my morning routine intact, with the exception I will have a large glass of juice.  Last week when I was doing the Shane Watts class I brought a cooler filled with ice and 2 pitchers full of juice.  Worked better than I had envisioned, now I just need to figure out how to bring juice when I am out and about on the GS :)

Offline Timalan

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2013, 09:30:19 AM »
Yes, I make about one large pitcher every 2 days.  Most days I eat a regular meal, in much smaller portions than before.  I am a fan of Fenel, Ginger, Lemon and Lime.  Kale just smells nasty, but I have become accustomed to it.  Already making plans for a garden next year.
No regrets but after 2 days of no coffee and terrible headaches I came to the conclusion I will keep my morning routine intact, with the exception I will have a large glass of juice.  Last week when I was doing the Shane Watts class I brought a cooler filled with ice and 2 pitchers full of juice.  Worked better than I had envisioned, now I just need to figure out how to bring juice when I am out and about on the GS :)
Ill juice anything that is  leafy and green. Kale is my least favorite. I love cooked Kale. Mustard greens! taste like that mustard sauce at the chinese Takeout place. can burn a hole right through. I also grow a town of hot pepper variety. I throw peppers in all the time. try throwing together a tomato base one sometime with celery for salt a little garlic some greens cuz they are good. even an apple for a little sweet and a couple hot peppers. Yum.

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2013, 10:06:53 AM »
I've been pretty consistent with juicing every morning now for about a month. I would try to move to two meals a day, but unlike some of the others around here I am not retired  :( and this just isn't something I can do at work. I don't like the idea of making it and having it sit around for very long.

I HATE CLEANING THE THING! Other then that I like it.

Offline Timalan

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2013, 10:19:45 AM »

I HATE CLEANING THE THING! Other then that I like it.

amen to that! and Good for you. Notice any improvements

Son of Pappy

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2013, 11:16:13 AM »
Welcome to the fruit-er-vegie house!!  Make it up the night before, get it good and chilled, and than take a large insulated cup to work.  The looks alone are priceless ;D  Picture me with a large cooler at a dirtbike class, 2 large bags of ice inside and beverages.  Everyones hero right?  It's green and it's not St Pattys day.  Uh, no thanks and why? ;D

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2013, 11:16:59 AM »
Notice any improvements
I have gained a notch on my belt.

I am not only juicing, I am trying to eat as healthy as possible. Fruits and vegetables with all meals, smaller serving sizes, not eating out as often, and nothing out of a BOX. I spend the majority of my time in the produce section when I am shopping now a days.

I removed the coffee maker and toaster from my counter and replaced them with the juicer and pressure cooker. Eating healthy is not easy, I spend a ton of time cleaning, chopping, cooking etc.

I still go get a Helvetia burger a couple times a month though.  ;D

Son of Pappy

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2013, 03:00:49 PM »
REMOVED the coffee pot? :o :o :o :o :o :o

This juicing brings home brew to an entirely differant level 8)  How does Jay like the green in his glass now? ;)

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2013, 03:47:00 PM »
REMOVED the coffee pot? :o :o :o :o :o :o
I don't drink coffee, the only reason I have one is for house guests.

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2013, 04:39:48 PM »
I haven't juiced, but I have thought about it. What juicers do y'all have?

Son of Pappy

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2013, 04:45:43 PM »
I have the Breville 510.  Only thing I dislike about it is the size of the feed throat, makes getting leafy things a pain.  Eventually I will get a masticator type as the pulp is quite wet and I am certain I am losing a fair amount of juice.  Cleanup isn't as bad as reviews make it out to be, but I do need to remove the top to clean out pulp when I am making a large amount of juice.
I can say honestly that it tastes good once you find ingredients you like, you just have to get it past your eyes.

Offline Timalan

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2013, 07:39:57 PM »
You find weird things at farmers markets, and find it makes odd interesting things. For instance I found this giant stem, I think New Zealand spinach.

It makes a jell when you juice it...
Those dark green parts are long jelly like spinach juice .... I can't remember what all is in this juice but it was tasty. Like a giant lime Jell-O shot.

And FYI you can grow stuff in anything, I was at my dads because my mom was out of town. It's the first time he has been able to show me around. He grew 300 watermelon in a 100 x 100 ft blob of dirt this summer. Good year. But he also grew this up by the front porch... ;)

Offline Cuda

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2013, 06:18:01 AM »
Way too much work! ;D
I just eat banana's , apples, peach's , ect. depends what's in season in the morning
a sub for lunch
My problem is after diner ... late at night ... I keep hearing voices from the kitchen , hey , hey Jim over here ;)
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver