Author Topic: Well, I've gone and bought a smart phone..  (Read 10669 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Well, I've gone and bought a smart phone..
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2014, 03:21:06 PM »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2014, 08:30:51 PM »
Try to answer (swipe the icon) with gloves on sometime if you want to get frustrated.
You can shut the auto completion/guess the word I'm trying to type thing off in your settings. You either get used to it, hate it, but either way you will send some odd things now and then if you don't watch it closely.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2014, 08:49:52 PM »
I think I will start annoying you with a few texts.  ;)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Conrad

« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2014, 05:09:47 AM »
I think I will start annoying you with a few texts.  ;)

:thumbs:

Maybe some random pics would be good too?

Did you get a texting plan with that phone, Jim?    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2014, 05:12:24 AM »
I've always had a texting plan....never used it.  In fact, had it turned off on the less than smart phone.  I can see the advantages of some texting.  I am investigating the safer methods of doing so.  Glad you're back Poke.  I was just thinking about you and C.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2014, 05:15:06 AM »
random pics it is then!

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2014, 05:20:36 AM »
You can send til the cows come home, cause you don't know my new number......yet.  ;)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2014, 05:21:59 AM »
You can send til the cows come home, cause you don't know my new number......yet.  ;)

You switched your number, why didn't you stay with your same phone number?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2014, 05:30:00 AM »
Yep, added a new number.  The old phone is still active but I'm going to turn it off within the month.  I have lots of clients that use it and I need to let them know about the new number first.  I was getting an inordinate (word of the day) number of telemarketing calls to the point that I wanted to reach out through the airwaves and strangle the  :censored: out of them.  I've told them to  :censored: off, cursed them out repeatedly and they still call.  The do not call list doesn't work very well.  What pushed me over the edge was with someone I thought was a telemarketer and wasn't.  I was somewhat rude with them until I found out they were legit and just following up on some business I was involved in.  I felt really bad about that and decided it was time to change the number and also time to upgrade the phone as well.  So far, I've added the flashlight, Netflix, and Directv remote apps.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2014, 06:04:28 AM »
That makes sense!

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2014, 06:47:03 AM »
Get you some Angry Birds.

Just sayin'. ;D
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2014, 07:11:13 AM »
Aaaaargh!  Ok.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2014, 09:02:24 AM »
Aaaaargh!  Ok.

Play the damn bird game Jim! You don't want to make them any angrier than they already are.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2014, 09:15:44 AM »
Too late... :-[

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2014, 10:01:29 AM »
The birds are angry because they ran out of beer. Screw them and play this instead:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hemispheregames.osmos

A game invented by Sir Isaac Newton  ;)

Offline Timalan

• www.thismotorcyclelife.net
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2014, 10:20:41 AM »
You are ahead of me. My phone isn't even 3g and my wife is using my phone from two upgrades before the one i have now and my son ruined the one in between. I am thinking of getting rid of my phone completely. That said i have an iPad..... Kids all have iPhones

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2014, 01:55:25 PM »
Galaxy S5.  I've got a smart phone and don't know how to use it....yet.  Basically I got it for the apps.  Not going to watch movies, prefer the large screen for that.  Ain't gonna listen to music.  Not going to get email on it.  I don't need to be in touch that bad and probably won't text either.  I've got a Galaxy S5 for Dummies book but I have no clue where I left it.  It's in the house somewhere...I think.

Your phone hid it... Now that is a smart phone!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 03:28:52 PM by sherob »
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline Cuda

« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2014, 08:56:50 PM »
Yep, added a new number.  The old phone is still active but I'm going to turn it off within the month.  I have lots of clients that use it and I need to let them know about the new number first.  I was getting an inordinate (word of the day) number of telemarketing calls to the point that I wanted to reach out through the airwaves and strangle the  :censored: out of them.  I've told them to  :censored: off, cursed them out repeatedly and they still call.  The do not call list doesn't work very well.  What pushed me over the edge was with someone I thought was a telemarketer and wasn't.

That's the reason I don't answer my phone anymore unless I know the number.  can't tell you the last time I picked up my home phone.
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2014, 10:20:13 PM »
Directv app is nice. I put in shows to record if I am not home. zCouple of clicks and it'll be there when I get time.
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2014, 05:43:33 AM »
Guys, thanks and I mean that.  I'm new to this stuff and the apps are what I'm really looking for.