Author Topic: I believe  (Read 10497 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: I believe
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2014, 04:36:17 AM »
I don't believe much more than the things I say out loud when it's just me in my helmet. If only I could jot down those pearls of wisdom(nonsense) while riding....

'OMG the war in the Holy Land is all about the tourism industry!' is a recent example.....

Is there a time when it's more than just you in your helmet?    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2014, 05:21:07 AM »
I certainly can identify with that.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2014, 05:34:28 AM »
I don't believe much more than the things I say out loud when it's just me in my helmet. If only I could jot down those pearls of wisdom(nonsense) while riding....

'OMG the war in the Holy Land is all about the tourism industry!' is a recent example.....

Is your helmet lined with tinfoil? ;)

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2014, 06:17:22 AM »

'OMG the war in the Holy Land is all about the tourism industry!' isBBC a recent example.....

I believe a high quality stereo in my helmet is in EVERYONE'S best interest. The voices on the radio help to drown out the voices in my head.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline SevenAce

• Left Lane Passing Only
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2014, 06:27:14 AM »
Thanks a lot Conrad. Now I'm going to always be sneaking up on my helmet before putting it on. My philosophies and karaoke voice are mine alone - but it does sometimes smell like burnt shrubbery in there - wait, could be my upper lip...

Rubberdown, great name, lucky lady! Rubberupanddown - they like that too! I've scoured the forum, called Murph and checked Twisted Throttle. Nothin on tin foil....I'll call Shoei and see if my old Multitec is prefoiled from the factory.
Whether you think you can or can't you're right!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2014, 06:42:28 AM »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2014, 08:09:16 AM »
Well, all I can say is that I'm glad there are others who hear voices in their heads.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2014, 10:03:50 AM »
I believe a high quality stereo in my helmet is in EVERYONE'S best interest. The voices on the radio help to drown out the voices in my head.

Not so fast there buddy boy. Sometimes those voices have good ideas!   :)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2014, 10:05:24 AM »
Thanks a lot Conrad. Now I'm going to always be sneaking up on my helmet before putting it on. My philosophies and karaoke voice are mine alone - but it does sometimes smell like burnt shrubbery in there - wait, could be my upper lip...

Rubberdown, great name, lucky lady! Rubberupanddown - they like that too! I've scoured the forum, called Murph and checked Twisted Throttle. Nothin on tin foil....I'll call Shoei and see if my old Multitec is prefoiled from the factory.

:rotflmao:

+1 on the upper lip...

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2014, 10:56:53 AM »
Not so fast there buddy boy. Sometimes those voices have good ideas!   :)

Sorry, Conrad, but i can only speak for myself. Trust me, no good will come of me llistening to the voices in MY head. 3 letter gov't agencies would become involved if I paid any mind to the little guys that talk to me.....
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2014, 07:01:32 AM »
I believe that, from a business standpoint, Sony did the right thing by not releasing "The Interview" in theaters.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2014, 07:11:06 AM »
They had no choice.  The large movie house concerns said that they wouldn't show it.  They essentially lost their outlets unless they offer it up via DVD or streaming.  I believe that they did the wrong thing.  On a happier note, North Korea had large outages (all two routers) on their Internet access.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2014, 08:46:07 AM »
I believe "The Interview" was destined to be a total box office flop and relegated to 1 am showings on obscure cable channels until the NORK's breathed life into it. Now as soon as its available on Netflix or whatever, people will watch it just to spite them.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2014, 08:57:21 AM »
They had no choice.  The large movie house concerns said that they wouldn't show it.  They essentially lost their outlets unless they offer it up via DVD or streaming.  I believe that they did the wrong thing.  On a happier note, North Korea had large outages (all two routers) on their Internet access.

Power outage and the back-up batteries were dead.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2014, 09:09:49 AM »
I believe "The Interview" was destined to be a total box office flop and relegated to 1 am showings on obscure cable channels until the NORK's breathed life into it. Now as soon as its available on Netflix or whatever, people will watch it just to spite them.

I probably wouldn't have given it the time of day and now I have to see it.  Very clever marketing if you ask me.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2014, 09:29:38 AM »

I probably wouldn't have given it the time of day and now I have to see it.  Very clever marketing if you ask me.

Exactly!  :thumbs:

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2014, 10:07:13 AM »
Just a few points for the Norks to make note of

1. If you need a translator to get mad about something, it probably isn't that important.

2. If you tell an American that they shouldn't watch something, it virtually guarantees the will watch it.

3. Until you can build a decent automobile and/or put a man in the moon, as a country, you nneedto shut the hell up. (Make a note of that, France.)

4.  You will not be considered a real country until your citizens have unfettered acesss to vehicles that are capable of speeds in excess of 150 mph. (When some other country puts man on the moon, I'll consider using metric units of speed. Until then.....)