Author Topic: C14 rider's opinion of the 1700 Voyager.  (Read 18106 times)

Offline wroman

• 2012 C14
Re: C14 rider's opinion of the 1700 Voyager.
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2013, 03:29:51 PM »
I never figured out Suzuki either. The Cavalcade was a monster in it's day. A friend had a Yamaha 1100 shaft drive with a Yamaha touring fairing at the time and when he had an argument with his wife would go riding and stand that thing straight up.    Didn't Suzuki make a rotary engine bike around 1976 also?
I always wanted to be somebody......I guess I should have been more specific.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2013, 05:43:11 PM »
One benefit of a solo trip is being in a brew pub and never hearing the dreaded words "are you almost done?"

Or somewhere else for that matter... ::)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2013, 06:14:30 PM »
answer "You're not getting payed to talk."

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2013, 06:31:37 PM »
 :rotflmao:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline katata1100

« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2013, 08:48:39 PM »
I never figured out Suzuki either. The Cavalcade was a monster in it's day.

I think that SUzuki tested the waters with the Madura and when the bikes didn't sell, they killed the motor.
From what it sounds like, they had high hopes for it. A local suzi service manager said her was flown out for some tech sessions on it.It was a very nice motor- hydro adjusters, rubber mounted and it was smooth, great tq. Cruiser bikes were all the rage and one magazine said that they were testing the waters with their version of a mad max and if successful, then maybe a sport bike.
But, the Madura (they came in 700 and 1200) was a sort of strange looking bike. I bought a '85 leftover, still in the crate in '89 for around $3,000. Great bike, very comfy, only flaws were limited clearance and small tank. Had digital gear indicater, shaft, even self cancelling turn signals (why can't they put those on the C14??). Averaged 38mpg, acceleration was about equal to my buddies Ninja 750.
The Cavalcade lasted a couple of years longer than the madura, it looked like a great tourer, just like the Yamaha Venturer.