Author Topic: Let's see your dog  (Read 30830 times)

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
Re: Let's see your dog
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 11:28:20 AM »
KiPass and dogs......both, man's best friend

And Kirby is a pretty nice little feller too.  I look forward to a conversation with the little guy, might be a little "dry" but hopefully I can get a "rise" out of him.. ;D
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 11:38:37 AM »
snip...

And with a little effort, you can actually sneak up and lay down on Mon while she is taking a nap apparently:

Brian

I'd love to see a pic of Kirby trying that trick...
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2011, 01:03:44 PM »
She isn't afraid of Kirby but he isn't allowed on the furniture.... his claws make pulls in the fabric.  ;)  Besides, he is more of an outdoor squirrel.

Brian

I'd love to see a pic of Kirby trying that trick...
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2011, 01:52:18 PM »
Not a very good video, but it still makes me laugh.  Tink wasnt very good at fetch; she sure loved a good game of keep away.
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline Makz58

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2011, 03:43:13 PM »
OK here they are Maggie and Makz both rescue dogs and a hand full for sure $$$$$$ vet loves them so does my wife. Dogs can do no wrong here.

When arguing with an idiot make sure he isn't.
C-14 2010

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2011, 03:49:48 PM »
True story...

Wife and I babysit dogs for friends when they are out of town. Good friend was getting ready for a trip, and was at the Vet setting up the credit card for us to have no issues if we need to take the dog in while they are gone. He's filling out the form and it asks for the maximum figure we are allowed to charge of something happens. Friend calls his wife and asks, "how much should I write in this question?" Wife says, "turn the paper sideways, write the number 8 and give the form back to the vet. Nothing is happening to my dog while we are away."
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Makz58

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2011, 04:00:38 PM »
LOL same here as long as it is my money (ours as she calls it) she is spending. Actually they give us great entertainment.
When arguing with an idiot make sure he isn't.
C-14 2010

Offline pdlt

• Realistic about life
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 04:44:59 PM »

Wyatt my Rhodesian Ridgeback and his best friend, Sadie, the very mellow Jack Russell.  She really is mellow.  He's 10 and she's 8.  Had em both since 8 weeks.  My best friends!

Offline okxd45

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2011, 05:12:01 PM »
Our Chomper. Notice the sizeable underbite. Recognizes many words in English.......if only we could get him to speak them.........but there's still time.  ;)
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Excavator

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2011, 08:01:14 PM »
This is Max, my best friend in the whole world.

He loves people but strangers in the night beware.

Offline DarrellB

• Arena
  • If your going to ride. Ride. Forget the trailer
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2011, 08:08:44 PM »
My new kid since mine are all grown up. She loves to ride.
02 Connie with 06 Skin

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2011, 09:32:38 PM »

Wyatt my Rhodesian Ridgeback and his best friend, Sadie, the very mellow Jack Russell.  She really is mellow.  He's 10 and she's 8.  Had em both since 8 weeks.  My best friends!

That's story I told was about Dannica the ridgeback.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Gsun

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2011, 09:35:43 PM »
What a bunch of great dogs! As long as we are showing dogs that are no longer around, this was my lab/shepard cross Bo.

Offline Gsun

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2011, 10:28:44 PM »
Here is the shelter report on my dog:

Anxiety displayed.  Environmentally focused, does not solicit attention, moves away - wants to exit, no affiliation with handler. Tolerated handling. Arousal increases with touch. Head whip on lip lift. Growl when handling feet. Stiff for ears and paws. No other options but EUTH.

Ok, if you got a dog in that was dumped off by the only family she knew for 7 years, had severe dental decay requiring extractions, skin problems, claws growing under her paws, and food anxiety from probably not getting regular meals, how do you think she will react????
There are no problems with her - she is a great hound! The author of the report should be EUTH.

Offline DenverC-14

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2011, 10:29:08 PM »
This is Max, my best friend in the whole world.

He loves people but strangers in the night beware.

Very cool GSD.... My next pup will be one.

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2011, 05:49:02 AM »
Here is the shelter report on my dog:

Anxiety displayed.  Environmentally focused, does not solicit attention, moves away - wants to exit, no affiliation with handler. Tolerated handling. Arousal increases with touch. Head whip on lip lift. Growl when handling feet. Stiff for ears and paws. No other options but EUTH.

Ok, if you got a dog in that was dumped off by the only family she knew for 7 years, had severe dental decay requiring extractions, skin problems, claws growing under her paws, and food anxiety from probably not getting regular meals, how do you think she will react????
There are no problems with her - she is a great hound! The author of the report should be EUTH.
When I was younger we took in a female Cocker Spaniel.  The owners were getting rid of her because she started nipping and biting their 3yr old granddaughter. When we got her home we gave her a good look-over.  Her ears were so full of ticks you couldnt even see the ear canals.  Guess what she did when we lifted, bumped, or touched her ears....yup she got REAL pissed off. It took a vet and one good tranquilizer to get the ticks out. After that; that girl would walk through fire for you.  I love dogs :'(
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline Conrad

« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2011, 08:35:34 AM »
Dogs are awesome, no doubt about it. I would even say extraordinary..

There's a great series on the Documentary channel on dogs called Extraordinary Dogs, very interesting!

http://www.documentarychannel.com/movie.php?currID=9383&t=Extraordinary-Dogs

EUKANUBA EXTRAORDINARY DOGS TV SERIES.mov

Every home needs a Harvey HD

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline banditrider

• Two wheels are all you need!
    • Off for a ride
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2011, 12:49:40 AM »
The Bartman aka Barty McFarty:

'08 Concours 14: Rad guard, Stebel, Oxford Hot grips, Projekt D Screen, Hugger, GPS mount, helmet locks & fender extender, Zumo 550, Stebel, Phil's rack & Givi V46, Sheepskin seat cover, Phillips Extreme vision +100 bulbs.

Offline cmoore

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2011, 03:50:01 AM »
This is Porkchop. He is about the best dog in all of West Michigan.
2010 C14
Dallas, Texas

Offline Conrad

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2011, 08:08:30 AM »
This is Porkchop. He is about the best dog in all of West Michigan.

Dachshunds are awesome!