Author Topic: ram ball mount  (Read 2401 times)

Offline okxd45

ram ball mount
« on: July 02, 2012, 09:42:35 AM »
Need a ram ball mount for Helibars.
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline Eddie

• BANNED
Re: ram ball mount
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 01:10:40 PM »
check gpscity.com

Offline okxd45

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 02:44:27 PM »
Thanks, I'll check it out.
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 04:19:42 AM »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline okxd45

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 09:28:09 PM »
They look like these...(1.75 in)

I really don't know what I need (how a ram ball mount goes together) to attach my phone (HTC EVO) so that I can have GPS.  Any ideas?

Jeff

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 08:52:19 AM »
Looks like the ones I just removed.  They should have a screw hole for a screw in ram mount.  When I bought mine, I also bought the ram mount accessory.  I don't know if the ram mounts have different thread sizes.  I could check mine and see what the size of the screw portion but it won't be until this weekend.  Out on a job now.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline okxd45

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 03:40:55 PM »
Looks like the ones I just removed.  They should have a screw hole for a screw in ram mount.  When I bought mine, I also bought the ram mount accessory.  I don't know if the ram mounts have different thread sizes.  I could check mine and see what the size of the screw portion but it won't be until this weekend.  Out on a job now.

Ok sounds good. :)
Jeff

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 01:22:05 PM »
In checking the threads on the ram ball that screws into the Heli 1 3/4 risers, it appears to be 3/8 16tpi.  You may want to buy a bolt with those specs and try it first, though.  I'm surprised a bit they weren't metric.

Offline okxd45

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 06:56:24 PM »
Ok will check it out.  Thanks!

Jeff

Offline Eddie

• BANNED
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 12:36:22 PM »
This is the model you want if you want to use one of your existing handlebar clamp bolts for the ball.

http://www.gpscity.com/ram-mount-motorcycle-handlebar-clamp-ram-b-367u.html